Generations Thundercracker and Skywarp?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The touch79, Jun 28, 2010.

1. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Thundercracker will happen, but maybe not until Christmas 2011 (possibly at the end of the Generations line). A Starscream/ Skywarp/Thundercracker three-pack exclusive would be cool, the original three seekers packaged to look like they are flying in formation. And maybe a tweaked Ramjet with unchanged versions of Thrust & Dirge in a 3-pack. It would be nice for people just starting to collect with this line, and if they ARE doing a Rodimus/ Galvatron/Cyclonus pack, it would follow that theme of making old figures available again.

+-MWG-+

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I hope they get Thundercracker and Sunstorm out in the line...I dunno about Skywarp since it was already in the original Classics line. I realize they released Starscream twice but it's pretty safe to say they knew Starscream would sell based on the name alone. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that Hasbro is going to milk the shit out of whatever mold they can.

4. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally hope to see Thundercracker/Skywarp before Sunstorm. I know there was alreeady a Skywarp, I would just like to see a more G1 deco like Starscream got.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd imagine Thundercracker is probably in the works or a fairly high possibility, but Skywarp would be a lot less likely since it was already released.

That might be the case. After all, some of the Target-exclusive TFTM07 Scouts were later re-released as Wal-Mart exclusive 2-packs.

6. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

This, since I have none of them.

This is clearly the most important thing, right?

Seriously though, I would buy that. Would go great with my masterpiece seekers. ^^,

7. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather see Sunstorm before we get reissued figures. The line is just starting up again. I want new figures not rehashed ones.

8. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I'd say there's a pretty good chance of Thundercracker happening one day (albeit in a completely different shade of blue compared to the Botcon & Henkei versions). Saying that, I would be at the front of the queue if we were to ever get a Classics Sunstorm :) . Hell, I'd even fork out big dollars for a Henkei exclusive... :lol 

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I have to agree and disagree with this. While I do wish Hasbro would have made Thundercracker by now, Acid Storm is still a good figure, IMO. He makes a great troop builder!
    [​IMG]
    I saved over the original image(doh!)and messed about with the colors, but trust me this is AS. I will have to retake this shot.....eventually.

10. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see them release more generic Seeker decos for army building, heck, even a three-pack. But that will probably never happen outside of convention exclusives.

11. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I don't think we're ever gonna see Generations Thundercracker and Skywarp. We already had Target exclusive Skywarp (bundled with Ultra Magnus), and Botcon 2007 Thundercracker, not to mention their Henkei counterparts. Search eBay if you want Starscream's posse.

12. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm 50/50 on whether we'll get Thundercracker in Generations line. I'm not sure on the agreement Hasbro and FP had, but I really don't know if a simple repaint is enough to release Thundercracker.

Although, Hasbro did say have plans for that mold, it could very well be for Sunstorm and the other rainmakers, generic seekers, or any gold lagoon variations. Guess we'll just have to wait til Comic-Con for any more news.

If they do release Thundercracker, I won't mind. Means I can put my Botcon one in a nice case for display to prevent getting dusty.

13. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    skywarp was already done...I really hope thundercracker gets a release.

14. Rainmaker11

Rainmaker11 ThundaCracka

Ebay:
    My guess is no to a Thundercracker release but yes to a Sunstorm due to the fact it looks like they are more into repaints (which btw I am not complaining about). As far as Skywarp goes, unless Hasbro is really going for the money, they won't release it as it has already been released to the public once (granted as a set).

15. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 Transformers Fan Since 1984

Hasbro is obviously planning something with the seeker mold since they told Fun Publications that the mold was unavailable for Action Master Thundercracker. Maybe we will see atleast one more seeker in the Generations line sometime in 2011. I love Con military vehicles. I would by anything they put out from the seeker mold.

16. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the only way we'll get a Generations Thundercracker is if they do some kind of crazy, non-traditional wing design ala Classics Starscream and Henkei Thrust & Dirge. Of course, people will complain that the wings look funny, but I think that's the best compromise we'll get for a mass release.

17. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I had thought that the chances of a Generations Thundercracker were good, though he would be the WFC design instead of the Classics one everybody is expecting. From the sounds of things, though, we may be getting way fewer WFC figures than I had thought; the ones announced (including Cliffjumper) might be it for now.

Could we get a Generations Thundercracker? It's possible, but unlikely. We'll get Sunstorm in the Generations line before Thundercracker. One blue jet (Dirge) is enough for now. When the third Movie line is done and Classics starts up again under another new name... I'd be shocked if we didn't have a Classics Thundercracker by the end of this line.

As for Skywarp, he's been done. Hasbro won't do him again.

18. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    So, now that Hasbro actually released Thundercracker, do you think next year's 40 generation toys will have Generations Skywarp?

19. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Hopefully! Getting the Henkei/Classics one is way too expensive! Putting out a new release would be a great way for fans to get one at an affordable price! Plus, Hasbro wouldn't have to spend much to put it out since the mold's already been used several times over.

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I think there's some expectation for a Sunstorm anyway... if they made one, they'd be using the mold again anyway, and... *Hasbro* never released a Classics Skywarp with a G1 deco,

Not completely out of the question, i'd guess.

I'm inclined to think that if people keep on about it, it could happen. The mold is already a sunk cost.