Errors, jokes, references & hard to spot things in AOE

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shockwavers, May 21, 2014.

1. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer I rise, you fall

News Credits:
    Drift is my favorite of the new bots by far. I noticed that the second time I watched it and I've watched it on YouTube quite a few times haha. I love the scene where he kicks Bee's ass in less than a second and puts his sword to his throat, and the scene where he slices a KSI drone in half from bottom to top, then throws the sword to impale another Drone.

Also, The Last Knight is the 5th installment, and probably has quite a bit to do with the Quintessons

2. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    His helicopter mode is definitely Cybertronian. Probably doesn't have any space for humans inside.

3. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It still has a cockpit, he can easily create open space inside.

4. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    There was a canon prequel comic that had him switching sides I think.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

His concept art actually shows that his helo mode was intended to be a modified Sikorsky S-97 Raider.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, only the rear of the on-screen helo mode is accurate to the concept art; the front part appears to have been cobbled together in a rush by the modelers, showing a few awkward-looking robot mode parts and a traditional AH style canopy. I think I recall seeing parts of the Bugatti engine on his wings pretending to be missile pods too. (image on the far right is the only one fully-transformed)

[​IMG]

So since it's not accurate to any helicopters, it isn't really an Earth mode, per se, but it's not a Cybertronian mode either. Perhaps triplechanging has limits in the movieverse, and can't replicate multiple vehicles 100% just by scanning them; that'd actually be cool for it to acknowledge that hiding an entire robot and vehicle together in another vehicle is harder than just hiding a robot in a vehicle.

Actually, this kind of puts the cloud-style KSI Prototype transformations into perspective. Perhaps a naturally-born Cybertronian at its current stage of evolution can only replicate a second form 100%, and with each other mode he/she attempts to add, it becomes less and less accurate to the scanned vehicle due to the limitations of the metal they're composed of only really being able to seperate, bend, and rearrange metal with mechanical arms, pistons, and hinges. However, a KSI transforming drone - although it would have to be programmed to replicate multiple forms, as it is incapable of scanning and reformatting itself - could be capable of transforming into several different kinds of vehicles and mimic them perfectly because the drone decomposes and rearranges itself at a molecular level, and therefore does not need to store robot/vehicle parts in white space in whatever mode it is attempting to replicate at any given moment. The KSI prototypes are an example of what the Cybertronian species could look like once its evolution is complete. A species capable of simply looking at an object, and instantly being able to camouflage itself as it, as well as any other object it has ever looked at before. The perfect form of mimicry, fully realized and manifested in the core of a species.

...Wow, Transformium is a much better concept when you specifically ignore and avoid using its name. Now I'm kinda pissed they gave it such a stupid name.

I wonder if we're ever gonna get a good render of the on-screen helo mode someday. I actually do like what we saw for the few seconds the mode appeared in, even if I'd have preferred if it was 100% accurate to the concept art.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 10
  6. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    Yup, I found that concept art just a few days ago. I'm actually glad it's not a perfect earth helicopter, because that gives it a slightly greater chance of getting an accuratw triple changer toy at some point. And that's a pretty badass theory. I'd be thrilled if they actually do some explaining like that in TF5.

And about Transformium. It doesn't bother me, because that's what Joshua Joyce named it. He wanted an easy to remember, marketable name. And Transformium fits that perfectly. I'm sure the Transformers themselves don't call it that.

7. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Well, if you look at the periodic table, humans do occasionally make shitty names for elements.

Francium? Californium? WTF? I mean, I know why they're named that way, but still.

8. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    Exactly. I'm sure the Autobots and Decepticons don't call there own flesh Transformium. I mean, have they ever even referred to themselves as 'Transformers'? I know humans have, but have they called themselves that?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  9. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    For the first time I've noticed, that in the below gif, from DOTM, Sentinel throws his shield away, or it gets knocked out of his hand, just before he gets blasted with a rocket ... the lack of shield explains him getting hit so easily (duh)! Ha ha!

Edit: he also throws away his double-blade weapon

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. jmannrock

jmannrock Failed Knight of Primus

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I can't explain the shield, but throwing the sword was to transform his gun out.

Why toss the shield? That and a gun are a great strategy

11. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who the hell is this guy?
    Screenshot_20170430-201732.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
  13. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

He is a factory worker.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It kinda looks like hitting Bee knocked it out of his hands, though he hit a lot of people with it so why drop it there?

15. John TheDestroyer

News Credits:
    Maybe one of his thumb tendons (pistons? whatever) got severed, causing him to lose his grip.

Just trying to think of an in-universe explanation

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Maybe he threw it like in misdirection trying to get them to look away while he shot?

Or maybe it just plain-ol' slipped?

• Like Like x 1
  17. jmannrock

jmannrock Failed Knight of Primus

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    You know, looking at the gif on my phone kinda looks like the shield was destined to hit Sideswipe as he came up, but Sentinel was too distracted with Bee to see the attack through. Doing that bought him a split second in the fight

• Like Like x 1
  18. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

wow supreme find

there is a lot of stuff going on in this shot

im gonna say he gets shot in his left shoulder after he hits bee with the shield

the blade drop appears to be an intentional volley..this is pretty epic actually...

edit: i blew it up & slowed it down & it looks like sideswipe is the one who shoots sentinel's left shoulder/forearm area forcing him to drop his shield on the way up from slamming bumblebee with it which would cause the shield to fling off in the direction it does

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 MPM-4 is my favorite DMK Optimus

News Credits:
    I just barely noticed in my 10th or so rewatch of AOE that as Lockdown thrusts the sword into Prime's chest at the final battle, one side of the sword's crossguard actually gets bent. Pretty neat

• Like Like x 2
  20. DominoParadox

DominoParadox Moltenstorm the destroyer

Twitter:
    Awesome stuff dude