Episode 38 Tunnel Vision Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by LCDR Blindside, May 5, 2012.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Forgive me if this was already mentioned, (this is a pretty large thread) but I was watching "Sick Mind" the other day, and Megatron mentioned that Bumblebee wasn't using Phase Displacement armor. Isn't that what he used in this episode? I thought it was pretty cool reference.

2. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Huh, good catch. I wouldn't call the relic in this episode "armor" though, but that's trivial. Both had "Phase Displacement" in them, that's what counts.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The podcast is talking about Miko in this episode and how she's better portrayed in this episode and I can kinda see it and respect that opinion but I don't really agree with it. I mean the whole jealousy thing might explain why she's acting the way she's acting in this episode but it doesn't excuse her being really stupid in previous episodes. All the stuff she's jealous of Jack for happened AFTER the fact so it doesn't excuse her being stupid at all.

And while the Podcast is talking about Knock Out I might add that this is by far my favorite episode featuring Knock Out.

They're now talking about the Phase Shifter not being an offensive device but that's not really fair because we've also had a shield generator which is not inherently offensive. Sure it can be and the way Knock Out ended up using it was offensive but it's not specially designed to be anything other the defensive.

Anyway while we're on the subject lets just tally up our list of Project Iacon relics.

Spark Extractor which seems to be specifically designed for Megatron though the Autobots currently have it.

Shield Generator which I think is the least interesting relic so far. We haven't seen it sense but I'm guessing Knock Out may use it again.

Forge of Solus Prime which I think is the most interesting relic. The Decepticons currently have it and the character hasn't even been introduced yet but there is an Ultra Magnus toy that has that hammer and it's an obvious nod to Animated.

Phase Shifter which is slightly more interesting than the shield generator and I think that might be something Bumblebee is going to keep because it would be very handy for a scout. Also Megatron said something in sick mind about Bumblebee and Phase Shifting which I don't know if this is a nod to that episode or if that was some really advanced foreshadowing to this episode but that's really cool.

I think the main reason the Spark Extractor and the Forge of Solus Prime are so much more interesting to me is because they're both obvious nods to specific characters from other series and they're both currently in the hands of the wrong team so I know at some point they're going to switch them up I just don't know how they're going to do it.

Oh yeah, and we've seen the Minors again with the 2 visors. I want to see toys of them! I'm going to end up buying one of every kind of Vehicon or Eradicon toy that comes out and they're army builders so I'm sure others will buy even more than me. So they need to make toys of all of them sense it's a really easy way for Hasbro to make a lot of money.

4. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    The shield generator got smashed to hell by Bulkhead.

5. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i hope they find a way for knockout to have a permenatly messed up face and don't just have it fixed up again next time we see him, it's what i always thought would happen too him for been an over-paid under-skilled plastic surgeon ;)  plus it would make him even cooler (if that's even possible)!

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    c-o-n-t-i-n-u-i-t-y!

7. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finally watched it. Kinda boring to be honest, but really not that bad. Vogal was great
    5.4/10

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

By any chance are you subscribed to ItsJustSomeRandomGuy on YouTube? That just made me think of Deadpool on his channel.

9. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I'm about to ruin the Phase Displacer for all of you: if it makes the user intangible, why can Bumblebee even stand on solid ground? Shouldn't he like, fall through the planet or something?

Good thing it's just a cartoon

10. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Then again, in Batman Beyond´s "Sneak Peek" episode, Ian Peek can selectively phase his body thanks to Nabuo Taka´s belt, until his molecules become permanently phased and he become permanent untouchable and is dragged to the Earth´s Center.

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The phase displacer presumably compensates with some kind of molecular secondary phase layer that prevents the holder from falling through the planet. Or something.

12. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Because Arcee would try to avenge him by KILLING THE GROUND.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

This isn't the first time a phase shifter device has done that. The real world answer is because they wouldn't have much of a story if they just fell threw to the Earths core and died their. In story, there's usually some reasoning behind why it's not possible. Not always but that's something you should try not to think too much about... unless you're a scientist and intend on making one for real then please do think about it a lot. ;) 

14. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Sorry, our greatest expert is still busy working on the lightsaber.:D 

[​IMG]

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Defense first, then offense. That way when someone cuts you in half with that light saber you can live threw it.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Presumably if you're gonna design a device like this you design it so it doesn't do that. It doesn't need an explanation why Bumblebee doesn't fall through the floor as the device is obviously designed not to have that happen. The 'why' really isn't that important.

17. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I know, I was just having a bit of fun, hence the spoilered "good thing it's just a cartoon" part. :D 

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    New York. 3 large buildings, a few parked cars, a railway that has a maintenance vehicle, and one dude.

About what I was expecting. And people laud the CGI of the show and seem to turn a blind eye to the limitations.

19. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Perhaps it phases strongly in a horizontal aspect and less strongly in a vertical I suspect the effect is not unlike a cork floating on water though. and a phased object remains boyant enough to not sink.

That Batman of the Future reference sounds a bit like saturation of a wooden object. Which is why wooden ships can sink.

20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, yes, we know. If people are turning a blind eye to it, perhaps it's because they enjoyed the episode despite its technical/financial limitations.