Customs: Dye.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by jestermon, Nov 3, 2006.

1. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, I wanted to make a LOC Skywarp from a Sunstorm, I dyed him and he turned out to look a dark dark green, nothing really got black.

Will I ever be able to get him BLACK BLACK, or should I just Krylon the figure?

If I can never get him solid black I do not want to keep heating the thing up, thanks.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Well, how much of the RIT dye did you use? Did you use acetone? If you can explain the full process you used to get dye him, I might be able to help you further.

I would assume that yeah, you can get him to that very dark black hue. I dyed LOC Galvatron all black and those parts started as pale gray.

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dye

I took the parts threw them in and stirred for along time, like I did the first time I tryed it, used alot of dye and less water then the first and second time did not anyhting I dyed in there dark enough.

The second time I used the brown and it worked well on the plastic I used, some scorched I was thinking about using the method one person talked about with heating the mix then putting the parts in there after it is off the eye and adding the acetone then.

I will try the nail polish remover another time, I am thinking about doing it

I would really ratehr dye them, instead of the spray paint but I want him to look dark not like an easter egg, and still able to see the yellow tinge through.

Do you have pics of this LOC so I can see what you got out of the dyeing?