Dotm Voyager Optimus Questions/Help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by indie, Apr 11, 2012.

1. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Well, next week toys in my local retailer (pathetic version of wallmart) will be half priced for 3 days. And they have only a limited number of Dotm shelfwarmers:

A couple of Voyager Optimus Primes
    A couple of Cyberfire Bees
    I guess i saw a Crankcase and Starscream
    May be a Megatron or/and Ironhide

Now, i already bought 6 tfs this month so i can't go "buy them all" spree, and i have Rotf leader Prime, Hftd BB Bee and Hftd leader Scream as my definitive versions of those characters. (Also have a Crankcase). Yet i really want to somewhat take advantage of this clearence. (we get clearences on tfs once per year:) )

Anyway, I don't like Dotm voyager OP mold, yet i think his gun might be a good blaster for Rotf leader OP (Really want to find a decent gun(s) for him), and if anyone can confirm that guns would fit nicely here, i may even think taking two of them. (then i'll try to sell one without his gun)
    Also thinking a voyager sized Prime would look nicely in scale with my leader Sentinel, Crankcase, Dune Runner an Mixmaster in their alt modes. (i like scale in at least one mode, that's why i didn't get a voyager Megatron)

So, should i take (2) Optimus? Should i go for Evil Bee (though i don't know what i would do with him.) Buy a second Crankcase to stand for Crowbar?

i also wonder if it would be easy to use Dotm voyager Ironhide body and Crankcase parts (head, pinchers) to create a custom voyager Crankcase to rival my Rotf Ironhide? (headswap without remolding?)

Any advice will help, thanks.

2. froggy124

froggy124 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mechtech weapons will not fit on ROTF LC Prime, unless you modify the hands. Voyager OP's gun seems too small for ANY leader class figure. You are better off making your own custom gun.

Out of all the figures you mentioned, you could do a lazerbee like some members have done and paint him pink. Starscream is a great figure in both modes from this line if you dont already have him.

3. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Thanks for tips. Lazerbee, i didn't thought of that. I'm not much of a painter though. I was thinking trimming voyager Prime gun's handle to fit hands of Leader. (either that or the old "loosen the screw on leader's hands" trick)

Too bad it'd still be too small. You'd think 10 cm long blaster would at least make a good hand pistol.

4. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

I'd recommend picking up voyager Megatron, especially if you have HFTD Battle Blades Optimus-they look really good together. Voyager Megs is one of the best figures in this line.

P.S: He scales decent w/ the Deluxe Prime in vehicle mode and scales w/ voyager Sentinel, Shockwave, Starscream, and deluxe Ironhide and Ratchet in robot mode.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I'll break it down via size class based on what you've listed:

Deluxe - Starscream. You have a Battle Blades BB so you won't be missing much by not getting him. The transformation is nearly the same and you don't get all the nice bonus' that the HFTD version has like the flip down battle mask, etc. As for Starscream I would consider picking it up. The deluxe seeker mold for DOTM is a really nice toy and the Jet mode is very good.

Voyager - Megatron hands down if you can find him. If not I would probably go with Ironhide over Prime, simply because you already have the ROTF leader class and that is a beautiful toy, esp if you're not fond of the DOTM voyager mold.

6. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Well to me the Prime guns look alright in their extended form. If you want something bigger try the TFC Gear of War 2 set.

7. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless you get the shapeways hands for leader Prime, the DOTM figure's gun will not fit in his hand.

8. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Well thanks for all the advice. i know and agree that both Voy. Megs and Deluxe Scream are excellent figures, yet i really have no other properly scaled figures to display with them. i strictly follow deluxe cars, voyager trucks, leader well, leaders formula as i can. (yeah, i prayed many times for a Leader Hobotron before they cancel Dotm) And i don't want to get those Con leaders only to condemn them to lower shelves with other misfits.

I'll probably go for that Ironhide though, for both reasons he scales better with my collection than other options on his own and indeed it might turn out to be nice with a Dread head on him if i can pull that off. Plus, his bfgun could go to Leader Sentinel's shoulders as a trophy.

9. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Yeah, out of all the ones you've mentioned, I'd go with Voyager Megs. I thought he looked awful at first, but he is pretty fun to play around with. Deluxe Starscream isn't bad either (at least judging by the Thundercracker I have). Definitely don't bother with Cyberfire Bee though. I got him for free, and I still regret it lol. After having Battle Blade Bee, nothing new compares.

10. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

There are ways. my favorite method is loosening the screw like Indie mentioned.

[​IMG]

11. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Sounds to me you want to be talked into buying some figures that you really don't want/need. It may be better to save up the money you are going to spend and use it for figures you really want. :2c: 

12. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Well, you may be right, this is essentially pretty much a "sell me those figures" thread, but there's really nothing left i want other than a couple expensive figures (like a complete movie leader Brawl or Ha Soundwave) whose prices i can't justify to myself right now. Unfortunately i'm just a humble movie collector. There's pretty much nothing for me to save for until Tf4.

Well thank you all. Every bit of suggestion actually helps. Let's see what i will find next week. May be i'd find some Prime figures in that store then. A TFP Optimus for half price might be all i need to be sucked into Tfp line. It was started this way back in 2009 with Rotf Leader. I was supposed to get only Rotf leader and stop right there. Well, we all know it doesn't work that way :) 

13. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy Only mostly dead

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think LTFguy made a tutorial on how to make movie Op's hands hold Mechtech weapons

14. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Lol, I hear you there. When I started collecting, it was just supposed to be the Autobots and a couple Cons from the first movie. Now, four years and 100 figures later...

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    If you do find TF Prime figures, I would definitely check out Wheeljack if he's available.

16. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

17. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    Agreed.

18. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I took these before boxing up my leader Optimus for storage:

20120417_085429_459.jpg

20120417_085431_957.jpg

20120417_085432_742.jpg

I just loosened the screw. It's a loose grip but you can work with it and it is very easy and not permanent.