Does anyone think that Mirage is just going to be a repaint/retool of Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jul 6, 2011.

1. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Yeah considering (and I'm facepalming at the ironic thread reference I'm about to make) Battle Blades Bumblebee worked that axe into his forearm, I could see them pulling it off.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Just like sideswipe :D 

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This thread is interesting ...

To the point of the thread, no. I'll say no way in hell.

4. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Dude, Lazerwave, crank it down a notch. I know you're easily excited, and you really want toys of Wheeljack, Soundwave and Mirage, but there's nothing to fret about. The movie just came out, and you'll get your figures soon. We can't say for sure how soon, but they will come within this year. Please, be a little patient, and have fun with the figures you currently have to hold you over. The figures you want will be sighted eventually, and you'll be able to get them, and we'll all be happy. I know you're asking if Mirage will be a new mold or not, but this is pure paranoia from you.
    If you would stop gaining infamy for your numerous Mirage and Wheeljack threads, maybe people would get along with you a little better. I'm not saying any of this to be mean, or to troll you, but I really do want you to stop being so anxious, and for you to step back from this a little bit.

5. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Look look look. Let's sit down and THINK for a moment.

WHY would, a whole new character, with a car COMPLETELY different in looks from that of a Camaro, be using a Camaro mold?

Look again.

Does this appear ANYTHING close to Bumblebee? I hope not. If not, then you may want to get your vision checked. I cannot see how Hasbro can feasibly get away with thinking the way you think they do. It isn't even almost. It is NOWHERE NEAR being similar.

The concept is called planning, and plans change. Hasbro has said a TON of stuff over the years, but things change, and things don't always turn out the way they say would. Again...sit down and think before you post.

I'm not trying to rag on you too much here, but it almost seems like you literally don't think about it before you post. Just calm yourself, do your research, and understand that things will come around when they come around.

Patience, thought, reason, and research go a LONG way in life.

6. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

Nope. Ferrari Transformer = Money. 3 Japanese motorcycles that look exactly alike for the most part don't.

/thread

7. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do feel a bit burned still over the bike sisters. Megatron and Prime both turn into trucks, Bumblebee and Jazz are both cars, but you don't see one repainted and substituted for the other. The bikes were all pretty different, the only similarity being the head and unicycle design (thanks, Jung. :dunce ) The inclusion of the combining struts suggests a third mold was made and just never saw production. Instead we got several non-appearing characters, just as forgettable as Elita (who, don't forget, had a speaking role), being made into equally forgettable toys. I feel like if Hasbro is capable of that sort of arbitrary myopia, then it may well happen again.

To play devil's advocate for a moment, we have seen secondary and tertiary characters inexplicably shunned in the past. Elita was a prominent and divisive example, but who among us wouldn't substitute any of the numerous toy-only characters that we've seen for another Constructicon, a proper third bike-bot, or even a protoform? Hell, I bet the Mountain Dew monster would have been popular. We have two different figures of Jolt, neither one of which resemble the character, an Insecticon Scout figure, and an entire run of ROTF Megatrons in multiple size classes that don't resemble the character model. Meanwhile, we get two Bumblebees, a vaguely retooled Optimus, and a misproportioned Ironhide filling in precious Leader-Class spots, and visually-striking, totally appropriate characters like Blackout (the first Transformer we see!), The Fallen, Longhaul, or Bonecrusher don't get tapped. Arcee doesn't get completed. Hasbro is on the fence regarding a DOTM Leader Megatron or Shockwave. Ridiculous!

I personally think that we'll very obviously see Mirage get made. Hasbro and the people associated with the films blatantly and aggressively push outright lies on us as a matter of routine, so the whole "Ferrari refuses to let us make this" -thing is probably as accurate as "Soundwave isn't the Mercedes", "The bikes will combine," and "We're still trying to release Hydro-Dive Bumblebee stateside." He can always be close-but-not-quite a Ferrari. If he doesn't get made, I'd wager it'd be because the deformations he makes from his vehicle mode parts are crazy, and engineering usch a toy might be difficult.

Here's a thought, though: since the original question posed by this thread is actually quite silly, let's try a different vein of speculation. Who could very well NOT get a toy this time around? We've seen some obvious no-brainer choices for toys get ignored in the past, so who do you guys think is a candidate for the same treatment this time? I'd say:

- Igor, since he's apparently just a Long Haul head
    - the Decepticon protoforms, even though they're massively prominent in two movies
    - Crowbar in Deluxe class since he's so similar to Crankcase
    - Hatchet in the same class for the same reason (unless he's inexplicably a jet again)
    - the garbage truck bot
    - the new police car 'Cons
    - the Driller
    - potentially Leadfoot (who, in the grand tradition of Arcee, will be like a Roadbuster repaint in red rather than a new mold)
    - Brains

Mirage is getting a toy, for sure. Wheeljack as well, I'm certain. But those other guys I mentioned are totally getting burned.. :D 

8. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    I can understand WHY things came out the way they did.

But i would've liked a separate Elita 1 mold. On the other hand, they may have just phoned it in like they did with Chromia...

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Leadfoot's getting a new mold. He'll be in a Target-exclusive two-pack with a Topspin repaint.

10. NothingHead

News Credits:
    I think they did the best that they could with what they were given. Honestly, if you commission a guy to create character concepts for your film and this

[​IMG]

is what he comes back with, what you do is fire him and bury the image files in the cellar floor. Arcee and many other ROTF 'bots should have been treated better. How many robots in that movie were a big wheel with arms and a head because of this guy?

11. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Is he? I didn't see that anywhere.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    We haven't seen him yet. He was announced at BotCon.

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    um 1?

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hell no.

15. NothingHead

News Credits:
    Close! at least four different robots had a central wheel as the only solid, coherent element of their design, despite all prior in-film robots, from protoforms to randomly-animated Allspark mutants, having bilateral symmetry and bipedal locomotion. Wheelie and Sideswipe also had wheels play a central theme in their designs and robot locomotion, though the latter, at least, received additional attention from less batshit designers and turned out very well.

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Four? I know Demolishor/Scavenger had the big wheel thing going on, but who were the others? Is the upcoming HA Basic Reveb part of that count?

Plus, you kind of have to excuse Wheelie. His alt. mode is an RC truck, with wheels that are as tall as the actual body of the vehicle itself. It only makes sense that they become big parts of the robot. And with Sideswipe the wheels played a big factor in how he fought. The Shanghai scene is the best (and really only) example of how having wheel feet allowed him to really chase down an enemy at speed and use his door blades to slice the enemy up. The only problem with the design was that the feet "toes" kind of sucked at their job of keeping him stable. Sidearm Sideswipe did fix that problem, or at least that's what I've heard.

17. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    The bike sisters?

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Oh, yeah, them. I think the fact I forgot about them says everything you need to know about how much I cared for them.

19. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely not. Hasbro would never do that. They're way better than that.

20. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    No, that would be absolutely ridiculous.