Combiner Wars Onslaught Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by AutobotMirage, Nov 19, 2015.

1. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
  2. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Weird Hasbro said there would be a running change but here Onslaught looks accurate to himself and Bruticus looks accurate to himself. So what are going to be the differences between runs?

3. coybrafett

coybrafett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Onslaught looks spectacular in Bot mode and torso mode. Vehicle mode looks pretty good as well. It looks like the torso for bruticus will hold together better than defensor. One of the minor nitpick I had with hotspot is the big ladder hanging off his back in bot mode. Onslaught has a good size backpack but at least it does not hang all the way down behind his legs. Man am I excited for this wave.

4. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Hot SHOT!!!

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro has shown off a variant with an olive green Bruticus chestplate, as opposed to the silver/grey chest plate seen here. Silver is accurate to the toy, whereas the cartoon Bruticus had a dark brown-ish chestplate (presumably formed from Blast-Off's wings).

6. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Yeah I was about to scream if he said Hotshot one more time! It's sad when reviewers don't know the names of the figures. Anyways Onslaught looks really good and seems to be an improvement over HOTSPOT.

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  8. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Knees are mistranformed. You need to use the doublejoint to lock the knees to the front.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Ugh. Just reshoot the video with the knees transformed properly.

10. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Seriously Peaugh?!?!

You haven't played with Hot Spot enough to realize that you are mistransforming the figure?

Yet another example of a "reviewer" who people will watch to garner an opinion, yet the reviewer is doing a poor job showing the figure.

11. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Aww come on...i'm very certain it was an honest mistake. Reviewers are human beings too. Mistakes happen. It's not like Ben was intentionally doing things to piss people off or screw with them. Mistakes and accidents happen. No one is perfect

12. GUIGUI

GUIGUI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In this case the mistake is a bit more aggravating, though, seeing that Hot spot had the same knee "issue", it was largely discussed and resolved and the solution has been widespread, yet Peaugh does it again for the exaxt same "issue". It would still be more forgiveable for a random person, but for someone whose the point IS to make TF review, repeating a mistake he has handled with before is kind of a sore point you can't really left unaddressed.

13. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And maybe he doesn't know about the knee and how it's fixed. The instructions don't talk about the knee being done in that way. He might not go through all the posts on forums to find out every single issue about the figure. You're presuming as such and because of it, coming down hard on him. People can bring it up in a much more constructive way instead of just attacking the guy.

14. GUIGUI

GUIGUI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it was mentioned several time in the thread dedicated to Hot Spot. Also, again, as a random person, it's excusable, but when you are reviewer, the least you can do is make an online search to see if other have met the issue or if it is actually addressed.

I wouldn't hold it against him if it was a new mold and thus there was no real way to compare already, but I think that before mentioning in a review something is wrong with a figure, you first check to see if it's a real issue or not.

as a side note, I have made two post in this thread so far (including this one) and I don't think I have been really mean.

15. Optibotimus

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Sure it's been mentioned, but again, you're assuming he goes around reading every thread on the matter. To my knowledge, he doesn't. I concede that's an assumption on my part. I didn't mean YOU when i said you. I meant in general. People are coming down hard on him for the mistake. Something that is human nature.

16. GUIGUI

GUIGUI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though, if you think about it, if Peagh don't read the comments, then he won't read the mean stuffs either. It all even out, in the end.:D 

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    No, it was my fault. I actually figured it out on my own with Hot Spot back when I got him, just completely spaced it while shooting the video because I thought I remembered the transformation. I even mentioned in the video that I thought I'd figured it out on Hot Spot, just didn't dig him out to check. Total hubris on my part, I shot an update earlier.

18. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I'm still gonna wait for a third party upgrade kit: at the very least, he needs new guns, and while it would be a pain to design, new lower legs and *maybe* lower arms. The less he looks like Hot Spot/Defensor, the better.

Hey, it's doable: just replace them at the mushroom peg.

19. GUIGUI

GUIGUI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    okay then.

20. dsprks75

dsprks75 Robot Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I just thought Peaugh got a dud Onslaught... It happens...