Minor/Repaint: Combaticon Blastoff

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by maximus_primal, Sep 4, 2009.

1. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

As some of you may remember, Blastoff has been by problem child. I didn't want to use Astrotrain but I could never find a suitable figure. Then one day I was looking through the resources here on another project and came across Cyb. Sky Shadow. It was perfect for what I was looking for in Blastoff. Nice size, cool flight mode, extra boosters (blastoff), and with a slight head mode and some purple accent color, bingo I had my Blastoff. (remember I don't go for combining yet). So what do y'all think?

The last picture I entitle "Hot Spot do you know where your soliders are?" (During my photo shoot of Blades, First Aid's head came off. So I couldn't resist.) :D 

Attached Files:

2. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

cool

3. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

"Admiral! There be whales here!" I think it came out pretty cool. If Onslaught gets an update, why not Blastoff. Never understood why they had a shuttle on the team. Not exactly military. Works well. But what are they doing on a Bird of Prey?

4. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    in the thumbnail on the board i though it was ROTF using Stratosphere, but now that iv actully opened the link i can see you used somekind of Cyb Jetfire Mold :lol (Which has given me a IDEA!!!*lightbulb*)
    Looks really good! Always liked Blast-Off my Favorite Combaticon,
    Any plans on doing the rest of them?

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Not bad... he fits Blast-off nicely, though I think you could take this one more degree of Kitbashing, and alter that jet mode to be more shuttle-like. Basically just a matter of re-arranging the wings, and modding the tail.

I realize that makes it sound easier than it is, but turning this jet into a shuttle could be a major coup. :) 

zmog

6. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That actually works! Very cool.

7. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

That headless pic is too cool. :lol  Nice work, and a fitting update IMO. :thumb 

8. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

That is too funny. I thought that seeing whales through a window was nice touch for the Decepticon underwater base.

I actually did Brawl a year or so ago and am currently working on Swindle with Vortex in the wings waiting.

Thanks, I figured might as well throw it in there for fun.