Chevy Bumblebee ad

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DeceptiKreep, May 26, 2007.

1. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It didn't say they travelled the most direct route. By zigzagging around randomly, they very well could have travelled 30 trillion miles, even if they were only a few light years away to start with.
    Chevy owes me a No-Prize!:D 

Anyway, cool ad.

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Half way here, BUMBLEBEE realised he'd forgotten his wallet and had to go back. That's doubled his journey time for a start (we've all done it!!!)

3. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

And being proud Transformers that they are, they didn't bother asking directions from the Junkicons.

4. Timmy 76

Timmy 76 Well-Known Member

all that technolgy and they dont even have sat nav, no wonder its taken so long for them to find us!!!

5. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

You expect Marketing People to understand SCIENCE!?!?! :lolol : :drunk :

Have you TALKED to a software designer lately?

How about just reading a Dilbert strip.

6. Screechatron

Screechatron Well-Known Member

My car recently broke down, so what used to be a forty mile trip to see my girlfriend now seems like 30 trillion miles.

Episode 1 of G1 made it MUCH closer than 30 trillion. More like a quarter of the distance between here and Alpha Cenaturi. Then of course Megatron brought it closer.

Maybe 30 trillion is referrencing that they're so far away that they're from another universe (Intergalactic - another dimension - Beastie Boys - another song that should be on the TF movie sound track!), or maybe that 30 trillion light years is the TOTAL distance they've traveled in the universe from Cybertron to Earth. Remember when Chewie shot the door of the trash compactor in Ep IV? The laser blast could be similar to the path they've taken in our universe.

Then of course, somebody else who posted on this thread touched on the idea that you must make things relevant to the current society. Trillion? We can relate to that - national budget deficit. Where is it now? 6 trillion? That's a lot of friggin money. 30 trillion? Can hardly comprehend that distance.

Anyway, good to see Chevy start the advertising revolution. Now hurry up with the rest of GM. Can't wait to see the TV commercials.
    Somebody ask Wheeljack how many megamiles 30 trillion light years is.

7. Screechatron

Screechatron Well-Known Member

When they start rolling out, I wonder if they'll have a special TF version that's yellow with the Autobot insignia in the middle of the steering wheel. I'll save my money up for something like that. Just keep the giant autobot logo out of the back window with Calvin pissing on it. Or pissing on a decepticon logo. That is SOOO white trash. Better yet, having the word BUMBLEBEE or AUTOBOT printed on the top of the windshield in gothic letters. The person driving that car must be royalty! All hail that insignificant cracker over there!

8. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Um, Tman - I hate to break this to you - but this is a Transformers community. And Transformers fans/collectors are geeks. Translation: this sort of thing is bound to happen.

9. kingslender

kingslender Member

Yeah ,I just checked out that chevy autobot link and even those bot designs are so much better than any thing we are getting from Bay.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Big assumption that the travel was in a straight line. :D 

11. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not to split hairs, but that puts the limit on the visible universe being a 14 billion light year radius sphere with earth at it's center, as viewed from earth.

There is every likelyhood that objects exist farther than 14 billion light years from earth, however the light from such objects has not had enough time to reach the earth.

Remember, the cosmos is expanding, every second, every day. So while the distance may have been less than 14 billion light years when the photon or whatever radiation left the distant body, in reality it has farther to travel because of the expansion of intermediate space.

Given the duality of light as a wave and a particle, you can see this when you look at the spectrum of light form distant objects, as the red shift in the wave length becomes longer and longer the farther something is away from us. Not only are they moving, some in directions torward us, some away, but the space between us and them is increasing, lengthening the wave length of the light waves.

So as the universe gets older and older we will be able to see farther and farther away, but those distances will become fainter and fainter, and at some point indestinguishable from the cosmic background radiation, which is a remanant from the Big Bang.

So in theory there could be a planet trillions of light years away, we just would never be able to see it until the universe is trillians of light years old, unless we used some non-traditional methods involving faster than light travel or shortcuts to bypass the speed of light, but anyways...

12. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Actually, GM used to have all sorts of decal 'special edition' packages in the bad old days (not something I'd like to return to BTW) but yeah a factory package in yellow with black stripes with a subtle chrome Autobot insignia trunk badge and a "ghosted" Autobot symbol on the hood would be sweet.

"Ghosting" BTW is a new paint trick customizers have been doing for a few years now. By painting an image (flames mostly) slightly off color or using flat paint instead of gloss you create an image that isn't that obvious at first but can really pop at certain angles.

As far as I know no factory paint job has done this yet.

Wait,,,, there is a Corvette that might have it.

Yup here it is:

[​IMG]

and here's a closeup of the detail

[​IMG]