Botcon TFCC Panel Coverage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sol Fury, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Sorry it is late, here is what was brought up at the two TFCC panels yesterday.

- Transtech comic is not building up to a big payoff, but not a Crisis on Infinite Cybertrons.
    - The theme of the story is a political conflict rather than a military one - Optimus and Megatron on that world are like leaders of political parties.
    - Prose stories - Two more are planned for the Transtech Universe - Withered Hope, featuring the E Hobby Gobots, who are Bugbite's crew, and I Lowtech, a story with Nick Roche providing the illustrations.
    - They will then be moving on to Shattered Glass Prose, and where possible, we are getting some elements of the AFD jokes. The first is Dungeons and Dinobots, a sample picture was shown with Grimlock saying "Quite the precarious predicament, wot?". There will be two more strips in addition to this one and a Club Exclusive Shatteredverse toy.
    - Speaking of Shattered Glass, you too can own a Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime! Brian joked that the Classics Ultra Magnus would fit the bill, and also be the happiest buy you know.
    - The Nightbeat comic is currently in limbo, it is planned as a pack in with the club toy. A Nightbeat profile like the Cyrotek one is also coming soon.
    - There is also some sort of fiction planned for the Seacons, but they are currently uncertain on what.

- It is highly unlikely that the staff will combine the cons, simply because A) we're Transformers fans not Joe fans, and there are Joe fans who are not Transformers fans, so it would be counterproductive because then for most people it would not feel like "their" con. B) It would be twice the work for the staff.
    - The possibility of adding souvenir figures to the pre-reg forms to cut down on the time queueing was raised - Fun Publications will consider it, contact them to voice your support if you like this idea.
    - Once again the question of online registration was raised, the staff explained that hand-written faxed forms means a person looks at it and can interpret, unlike on an electronic form where there is no such leeway. Also, the costs of setup were raised, especially since the structure changes for every convention that they do.
    - Energon packages (entry to all events like a Primus package but without toys) may be kept. Again, contact Fun Publications to voice your opinion on if they should stay or not.
    - About this year's figures - it was a gamble, they did not expect it to sell like it did. They tried to get the number of sets raised, but it was too late. In future they are working to take registration before they have to give final numbers, to better gauge the numbers. However, it is a good thing when the sets sell out, because it means they have done their job and will be able to make more sets in future. In particular, if demand reached the 4-5000 range, it would help with Takara Tomy, who are reluctant to do the runs. They will also not limit sales of sets to individuals because it hurts their ability to sell out, they don't want sets over. However at the same time, they want everyone to be able to buy the sets at the original price not Ebay prices.
    - The reason that non-attendee sets got cut first is that the majority of sales were for attending sets - hence catering to the demand.
    - On the subject of Takara Tomy, they apparently hiked the price on the production of the exclusives.
    - Next year's set may be another new idea for Transformers - the idea of Zombie Transformers was batted around by the staff.
    - Blurr got a remolded head, because Brian Savage did not like the original head. In retrospect he noted that if he was redoing the head, he should really have looked for a different toy for the body.
    - Nightbeat was chosen for the club exclusive over Elita-1 because it was thought that he would sell better, and also because Airazor did not sell as well as they had hoped.
    - Talking about Piranacon, the team suggested that if people were in favour of it they might go back and redo other older unreleased toys, for example, the Generation 2 Stuntacons.

2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I will kill for the G2 stunticons as exclusives!

3. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    gen 2 stunticons could be fun...but probably not something i'd be diehard over...

and i'm excited for more exclusives set in universes we already have...i appreciate the figures that fit in well with other botcon sets alot...

4. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

You know, it's nice to know that there are so many people on the fans' side in Hasbro. I don't care what some people say, but I think that Hasbro does one hell of a lot of catering to its Transformers fans.

But I digress. Good news all-around, and big LOL's at Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime.

5. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

The G2 Stunticons seeing mass release would be a bit unfair to the collectors who shelled out tens of thousands of dollars for them.

Some of the schemes aren't well-suited for release today- notably Breakdown's, and to a lesser extent, Motormaster's.

A modified G2 Stunticon set that was not identical to the unreleased G2 would be an intriguing idea, however.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, hopefully they release Elita-One at some point...

As far as potentially releasing G2 Stunticons or something similar... please don't. Frankly, those colors were worse than the Seacons they're releasing.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Shattered Glass Nemesis prime? But hen he will be a good Prime clone from a bad Prime clone that is clone to a good Prime that has a bad guy clone that is bad...

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!*brain explodes*

8. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I've heard some people argue that the Stunticon molds no longer exist. Is this evidence to the contrary, or is it more likely that FP hasn't investigated the possibility yet, and is just "thinking out loud," so to speak?

9. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Much as I'd love to see the G2 Stunticons released, I agree that it would really be unfair to the collectors like Transfan2 who spent huge sums on them and spent years hunting for all the pieces. I'd rather see Predaking. :D 

Other than that, everything else is awesome news. I look forward to "Dungeons and Dinobots," and can't wait to see what the Shatteredverse Club Exclusive figure is going to be. Some good info on Botcon set stuff, too, hopefully next year's set will be as cool as this years'.

10. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I want the G2 Stunticons! I hope this happens.

11. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Hideous though they may be, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be interested in club exclusive G2 Stunticons (and Protectobots for that matter). That would probably even encourage me to go out and obtain the G2 Aerialbots and Combaticons. I'd wholly support some kind of small change in order to differentiate them from the protos though. First thing that comes to mind is ditching the tampoed symbol/faction name on all of them. You change the overall color scheme too much, and they're not really G2 anymore. Of course, a completely new color scheme that doesn't suck would be awesome as well. 'Stuntibots', maybe?

As for it being unfair...what's the threshhold value for that? Every "what reissue would you like to see" thread that comes up has the obligatory clamoring for Overlord ($300+), Liokaiser ($800+), blue Bluestreak ($1,000?), Dinocassettes ($ZOMG), to name but a few. Reissues bring down prices of originals to varying degrees, but I don't even know that that would happen with these. There's so few of the legit unproduced G2 combiners that their value among the high rollers probably wouldn't drop much, if at all. People still pay a lotta money for MISB, MIB, even loose G1s that have seen multiple reissues because they want an original. People are still gonna pay thousands for the, what, dozen or so legit G2 combiner samples, especially the carded ones.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  12. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    So, I paid a fortune for my Energon Seacon and Drench protos when they came out and those are getting released. Just because a few select individuals bought them, doesn't mean they are entitled for them to be exclusive. They were the ones who deceided to spend that money, besides, I am sure they will be released in different packaging. And don't bring up the argument, well the botcon toys are exclusive. Remember the G2 Stunticons that are out there were never intended for anyone outside of Hasbro to own (bar Breakdown).

13. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    I'd love G2 Stunticons. The colors on those figures were awesome!!!!!!!!

Randy

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I really donĀ“t understand the love for the G2 Stunticons. The colors are horrible.

15. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    the club should do predaking...except do one bot per year like the free combiner bot they have been working on...that would cover the next 5 years....plus who here would be against getting a new redone colored exclusive predaking ???

16. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    If they released the G2 stunticons It would just be oh so sweet to the people foolish enough to spend stupid amount of money on a Toy. There's Dedication and then there's fanaticism.

17. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Hmm, not one person thought to ask about the possibility of Takara doing their own versions of the 2007 seekers?

18. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who thinks Zombie TFs sounds stupid?

19. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Forget G2 stunticons, how about Shattered Universe Heroic Stunticons. That would be instant buy.

Nope. Inorganic Undead just doesn't do it for me, nope not at all.

20. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

To not re-issue the G2 Stunticons would be unfair to those who can't afford to pay un-Godly amounts on toys.

As for the colors, I really don't think I care. I just want as many complete combiners as I can afford to get my greedy little hands on.