Are you buying TFC not devy?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 46+2, Apr 1, 2011.

1. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

For those commenting on size, it's "supposed" to be around 12 inches tall combined. That's what the blacked out "upcoming" image said on TFC's poster for it. Although, that poster also said that it was coming in 2010. So take that size info however you want to.

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    While this is a little bit of a rabbit trail, maybe this will help for some of you: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/198884-battle-roller.html

I have a Battle Rollar myself, and aside from the floppiness of the joints (which is easily fixable with superglue, as I've done with a ton of other TFs), I really like the quality of it. I bought mine when these first came out, and I sort of wished I'd waited, as the later releases came with a few more accessories. One of my favorite features is the comic, where it attempts to elaborate on Rollar's purpose - and I think it did a mighty fine job.

I don't think a Devastator would have to have any such comic pack in or any of the other things that may drive up the cost. Battle Rollar was a one-off purchase for me - I had no intentions of buying 5 more of them, so the price tag was a little more justified for me at the time. Also, it's to be a Masterpiece accessory, which I don't often make purchases for anyways.

I really don't have much doubts on the quality of TFC's products, especially with owning Battle Rollar. It really boils down to cost for me. This isn't a Masterpiece figure (no matter how one wants to justify that, it's not fitting in with the Masterpiece line), and I'm one who even cringes with spending out for some of the FansProject and other unofficial products. Also, being a kitbasher myself, part of the cost for me is "can I buy this cheaper than I can make it?". For $90-100+ per figure, I feel I'd be just as happy to make a Ptivite Devastator myself. $40-50 per figure? I'd be sold, especially if the releases were spaced out enough to make it economical.

3. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would love to have it but I can't spend that much on 6 figures.

4. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

if its only 12 inches tall, i can't justify the purchase at 100$ a figure. if it is, 200-250$ cad max. shipped if its the latter price. the plastic should be par with my G3 trailer. i really want this to be at more than 15 inches tall.

i don't like feeding the scalpers. 300$ shipped if they are sent to me complete and i don't have to scramble to get the parts.

5. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Each figure is around 6"

6. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I wanna see final pics of these before I make a last decision. I'll keep it safe and prolly have them on preorder, but if the final product doesn't really please me, I'll just cancel.

7. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    That's not a bad idea, I'll do the same. Assuming there's a way to get quality reviews before it ships.

Worst case, I buy it, not like the reviews I see, and sell it sealed.