25 years from now....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Im No Hero, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Chris meant that MP-04 was the perfect edition of the figure because it's the only release of the mold that came with a trailer. Making it the perfect version of the mold.

On another note... sadly I believe the movieverse figures might be popular as nostalgia sets in. But I don't think that any of the toys released nowadays will be worth much. Just way too many collectors out there holding on to these.

2. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

Thanks, that's what I thought. Mine has the trailer, it's all good :thumbs2: 

I agree. One of those if I knew then what I know now situations where folks like myself who are kicking themselves for letting their G1 figures go who knows where, so we try to redeem ourselves by hoarding every TF we get our hands on from now on. I'm sure they'll still have added value in years to come.

3. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

the world will prolly end in 2012 anyways.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol. NnnnnoooOoOoooooOOOoooooo...!!!!!

5. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    in 25 years...wow I wouldn't even know. Self-transforming toys that verbally react to other figures in proximity? who knows.

Tough to see the Transformers brand as strong in 25 years as it is now. GI Joe has been around for about 50 years and comparing GI Joe toy lines now vs. when they were around in the 60s...the brand has shrunk considerably.

also, bear in mind that production costs for transformers are very expensive, relative to conventional toys. so i think the brand won't be as large as it is today.

6. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    but Transformers is much more a global brand compared to GI Joe, no?

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I think we need to take into consideration population growth. If the number of collectors stays the same i dont see toys now having value but if you consider population growth my thoughts change. If we see significant population growth we will see more collectors.

1990 Census population
    United States

Total

so about an increase of 33 million people. That can be alot of transformers collectors. So my argument is that the value of the transformers of today will be determined by the number off collectors dependent upon interest and growth of the population as a whole.

Numbers from the US Census website

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  8. Astroscream

Astroscream News Cred > Street Cred

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The fact that there were three movies isnt important. The movie designs are all the same. If you look at how long G1 lasted the movie theme will have lasted at least as long.

9. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

no one has any idea what the TF3 movie toys will look like. so saying their the same as the TF1 & TF2 movie toys makes zero sense.