ZXB 3rd Party 3D Printed Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, May 19, 2020.

1. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    These are the kits available for (pre-)order so far:
    【Pre-Order】ZXB-01A Roller for WFC Earthrise Optimus Prime Upgrade Kit
    【Pre-Order】ZXB-01B Upgrade & Weapon Kits for WFC Earthrise Optimus Prime Upgrade Kit
    【Pre-Order】ZXB-2 Weapons for WFC Siege G2 Black Sideswipe Upgrade Kit (Painted)

Copied this from EAT:
    Finally received the ZXB-01A Roller and laser gun barrels kit for Earthrise Optimus Prime in the mail today. Took a little under 3 weeks to receive in the mail from TFSafari with their newer shipping method.

Ignore the blue repair drone custom...that's mine.
    [​IMG]

The overall 3d printed quality is the 2nd best I've seen. GX Studio looks like injection molding. This is just a step under that but much better than Matrix Workshop and Shockwave Lab. This is the first time I've seen 3d printed transparent plastic turn out well.

There is a QC issue with the pegs in general: they're all painted over. This appears to be a rookie mistake. So, if you don't want paint getting into your blast effects or into the repair drone ports, then you need to sand / file the paint off. One of the laser barrel pegs was also a touch too big and needed to be filed down (5.15-5.2mm was on one peg but the other was 5.05mm). It was trickier getting the painted file off the side of the blast effects pegs. Fortunately, they use gray as a base plastic, so it actually looks fine with the paint filed off the pegs.

The silver paint actually matches the gray stock plastic. I was surprised it did. This is the laser barrels attached to the stock repair drone. The shows the under view of Roller. Paint job is well done. Actual screws are used to hold the thing together. Wheels are all pinned and, um, roll.
    [​IMG]

This shows the varied colors used. The ports and red light are transparent printed plastic.

Not shown but there is slots for very tiny figures to sit in. I don't have one at that scale but I may have tiny Gundam humans still on a sprue somewhere. This shows the print lines when viewed way up close.
    [​IMG]

Even the headlights are made from the transparent plastic. Nice touch.
    [​IMG]

Looks good transporting the trailer.
    [​IMG]

Overall, great set. Be prepared to file / sand down paint off the pegs, though, and one of my laser barrel pegs was oversized. I'll send that feedback to TFSafari and see if they can send that back to ZXB. I have the weapons kit for ER OP pre-ordered and hoping that will turn out just as well.

I used a flat precision file to easily get the paint off the pegs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Yeah, I have the 01A kit and I'm pretty pleased with it. I decided to preorder the 01B kit, too.

And I see I'm not the only one that took to painting the drone. I actually painted a few other parts, too, and bought the Toyhax set for ER Prime. The paint I used was a bit lighter, though. I like what you used.

[​IMG]

3. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ZXB-03 Upgrade Kits + Weapons for WFC Earthrise Datsun Brothers in the house!

[​IMG]

Gives Fairlady Z caps to the wheels, an instant improvement. Fills the gap in the Prowl and Bluestreak torsos - this was never an issue to me but can't deny it works.

New weaponry for all, with Prowl and Bluestreak getting articulated cannons. These work perfectly and are well sculpted and painted.

[​IMG]

Love the metallic red detail on Bluestreak's cannons.

[​IMG]

Threw in a comparison shot with the Matrix Workshop gear I modded to fit Prowl and Smokescreen. Torn on the Smokescreen ones, not gonna lie. I like both equally, but leaning towards the more detailed sculpting and silver finish of Matrix Workshop.

However, in terms of quality, these are definitely a step up from MW's Siege set.

[​IMG]

Well recommended.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Doesn't this set come with decals for Prowl?

5. Napalm

News Credits:
    Yeah it does, had put them to one side before posting this. Pain in the ass having now attempted them, waterslide and very small.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks. I wanted to check, since I don't see the sticker set on the TFSafari page for this upgrade kit, but there's an Ebay listing just for the Prowl set (which the seller set at a higher price than TFSafari has all three for) that shows it.
    I guess I'll see if I can make it work when they got them in stock again.

7. Napalm

News Credits:
    Yeah don't go overpaying for this especially when a new batch is getting sorted.

20201201_204758.jpg

I just went with the shoulder decals. They're a good look (gun is Matrix Workshop).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Niiice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    will the bluestreak cannons work on the Seige / 35 anniversary walmart one ? Noneffs just came out and his works on BOTH but they are too big /bulky for my taste on bluestreak . And these look perfect

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it

TF safari says SEIGE in the listing but it shows EARTHRISE