3D Artwork: Zoso's Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by zoso1900, Feb 27, 2013.

1. zoso1900

zoso1900 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Preview of things coming on post 50.

*Update*

Starting phase 2 of Bruticus. This time it's vortex. This it really early going but should give an idea of what I have planned.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Got the test parts in for Brawl, for the most part I'm super happy with everything. I am going to update a few things and make some walls thicker but just little things. Just a few pics for now, will update more later.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back with my latest design. This is a major redesign for FP/ROTF Brawl, the upgrade includes a proper turret, new head and new tank treads that will turn into his arms and feet that are non-duck like. This has been months of ideas and redesign to get everything to workout the way I wanted but I feel it has turned out better then I thought. with the design shots the blue is the core bot and everything else will be new parts. There will be screws and pins needed to hold everything together. Right now I am waiting for the test parts and will update as soon as they get in. Please let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Update*

After seeing all of the amazing Shapeways work on here I was inspired to give it a shot myself. I have been working on things here and there for awhile now but I am going to ramp up my efforts so I thought I would start a thread to show some of my work. Please let me know what you all think, I really appreciate both positive and negative feedback, all of it makes me rethink and improve my designs.

One of the first things I worked on was an upgrade set for TF Prime Soundwave to give him his Tentacles. After a few try they ended up coming out pretty good. I plan on upgrading these at some point by adding articulated claws. Also I want to make a set designed for DOTM Soundwave but I have to get that figure first. If interested they can be found here. TFPrime Soundwave Tentacles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The most current projects that I have been working on has been for replacement heads for some of the TF Prime Figures.

The First is a Hot Rod Head for Wheeljack. The top design was by me and the bottom was made with the help of Neekotron. I am also working on a spoiler and exhaust pipes for a complete upgrade kit. I hope to have the test parts in a few days.

My design:
    [​IMG]

With the help of Neekotron:
    [​IMG]

The next head I worked on was to turn TF Prime RID Bumblebee into Goldbug. Again the test print should be hear soon, I will upgrade once that arrives.

[​IMG]

One of my latest creation is to turn Knockout into Jazz. This head is still in the design phase, I am not sure about the mouth yet. and I might work on the shape.
    First Design..
    [​IMG]

*Update*

TF Prime Jazz Ver. 1
    TF Prime Jazz Ver. 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now to my biggest project to date, Generation Impactor. This is a compete add-on kit for Generations Warpath. The kit includes a new head, chest piece, shoulder cannon, harpoon, drill and hand gun. I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Please let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More updates will be coming over the next few days. Please leave feedback and design suggestions.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. Ranger Silver 6

Ranger Silver 6 Bang Bang

interesting stuff here

3. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

Would the Jazz head work on Smokescreen?

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nice work. Look foward to seeing what else you cook up.

5. mirageandjazz11

mirageandjazz11 Banned

realization in 3 2 1...

OHHHHH MY GOD JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LOOK SO SEXY (and jazzy too)

6. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    I love those tentacles! I wish I knew about them before I started sourcing donors for my Mega Man X Launch Octopus build. :) 

- Alty

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    You're doing some really nice work man. If I may suggest a head though, you might want to make a Classics Ratchet head to turn PRID Ratchet into Classics.

8. Primus_feather

Primus_feather Well-Known Member

Nice 'Wave tentacles and faces! Any way you can come up with a replacement for Ripclaws rubber tail interour? I have dought in its "longevity". Something hexagonal in shape maybe expandable in the middle ( to allow for simular possibility as present) but still have ball jointed attatchment points, something modular (maybe only three/four differnt designed parts reused) this will keep ripclaws look , and allow for stiff tail positioning!

...since you such great faces, mind considering, a more femining head/face interiour for her as well?! The dragonesq face cowl will remain but just cover a new sub-face with lips and eyes, allowing it to be printed in clear would be awesome too!

9. zoso1900

News Credits:
    *Update*

Updated final design for Prime Jazz using the Knockout mold. I wanted to make a second version to work with Smokescreen but there were some size limitations with the mold so I will have to do a complete, smaller redesign. I will be ordering the test shot within the next few weeks and will update when it comes in.
    Version 1
    [​IMG]

Version 2
    [​IMG]

Now to my biggest project to date, Generation Impactor. This is a compete add-on kit for Generations Warpath. The kit includes a new head, chest piece, shoulder cannon, harpoon, drill and hand gun. I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Please let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mirageandjazz11

mirageandjazz11 Banned

i like the new updates anyway is there anyway to make the impactor set (mostly the head) work for something from the prime toy line cause i want to make a prime impactor?

11. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Wow I really want to see what those Impactor parts turn out like. What about a closed mouth version?

12. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    CANNOT WAIT to own that Impactor set! Just found an extra Warpath too!! :D 

13. toddstarz

toddstarz Member

yes.. finally i can make use of my am smokescreen.. and that impactor face looks awesome

14. zoso1900

News Credits:
    This head is to turn Transformers Prime RID Knockout mold into Jazz. It has been tested using WSF. It comes it two versions, a smirk and a stern face. Because of production of the ball joint is slightly loose but can be easily fixed with a little nail polish or paint.

Please leave comments and feedback. Hope you Enjoy!

TF Prime Jazz Ver. 1
    TF Prime Jazz Ver. 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please checkout my Shapeways Shop for my other designs!
    Bennington Bots

15. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

Did you ever get Impactor printed. I'd love to see how it looks before buying it

16. zoso1900

News Credits:
  17. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. zoso1900

News Credits:
  19. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any update? I'd like to put an order in tonight.

20. zoso1900

News Credits:
    Everything is updated, it should be good to go. let me know if you have any problems.

Hot Rod V1.3