ZF-001 Left Behind

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by 8bitboy, Jul 20, 2014.

1. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

So... I was leaving China in a hurry and I managed to do the unthinkable: I left the ZF-001 Sword, Shield, IF-EX01 Guns and FOC Grimlock Sword in the IF-EX01 box and the mistake is killing me because the cleaners in my original dorm room cleared it out making it impossible for me to retrieve them...

It literally hurts to think I left them in there via an error and running around trying to pack everything...

I would love to buy replacements but no site online seems to carry them. Wow. I can't believe this error... has anyone else ever made this mistake with any other transformers related toy or the toy itself?

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i opened a star wars obi wan jedi star fighter for my son early once so i could put the stickers on and put an obi wan figure in the pilot seat (make sure it would fit). then somehow lost track and threw the missiles away with the cardboard insert of the box.

3. 8bitboy

UUGHHHH!!! I've done that once before but I threw away a cell phone charger once :O

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've thrown away a missile from time to time after not noticing it in the plastic bubble. The one that comes to mind for me is Animated Shadow Blade Megatron. Miraculously, after probably two years of having an eBay search set up for it, someone actually was selling that missile (the properly-colored dusky purple one from the actual figure, even) and I managed to replace it.

Ironically, I kind of hate spring loaded missiles and often remove them from my figures anyway. But somehow knowing that I had thrown that one away ate at me.

Good luck... it's a bummer, but it happens from time to time.

EDIT: For what it's worth, if you want to replace them, it looks like Uncle Billy has the IF EX01 set for sale on AliExpress here for $24 shipped. Sorry, I don't see the Zenith Forge set anywhere, but I'm sure it'll pop up somewhere in the future.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  5. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back in the 80's, I bought a Mad Balls motorcycle/launcher thing and left the basketball net and backboard in the box in a 7/11 garbage can. I realized it right around the time that my dad was dropping me off at my mom's house. He stopped and dug it out of the trash so that I could have it the next time I saw him (every other weekend). He always went above and beyond for me, never missing a visit with me even though it was four hours round trip to pick me up on Friday and four more to return me on Sunday. You never forget that kind of love, and to dig in a public garbage can for toy parts just tells the story.

6. TFTheoretician

TFTheoretician Well-Known Member

I currently live in Japan, and until recently I had Henkei Skyfire on display. One day we had a small earthquake and he and a couple of other figs dropped to the floor. When I put them back on the shelf I didn´t notice that one of the cannons of Skyfires backpack missed its tip. A couple of days later we had a party and a couple of people staying with us helped swipe the floor while we were out buying groceries. Only days later, when the trash was already thrown away, I notice the missing cannon-tip. With it gone I can´t fold back that cannon anymore. Really annoying!

7. C310 Ginrai

C310 Ginrai Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought a Generations Metroplex around thanksgiving last year; I haven't open him since and now I have no idea where I put the box...

8. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that's a pretty big box to lose!

9. 8bitboy

ROFL! It's just a box in my opinion ;D. I can't remember where half of the instructions for mine even are!

10. unexpectedpanda

unexpectedpanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It sounds like the Metroplex is still in the box...

11. murphytronus

murphytronus Im not Shardimus

A really good friend here on the boards gave me a complete wst soundwave at botcon this year... When I went to Tfcon my son played with a few of my smaller toys while I was gone and I came home and noticed soundwave had been transformed... I opened his chest to find ravage was missing and the whole house had already been vacuumed several times... Still no ravage

12. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    When I was like 9 or 10 I got G1 Jetfire for Christmas...
    I put on some of his stickers, and added the backpack with the boosters to him so I could fly him around the house...all of his other accessories stayed in his foam tray since I didn't know what to do with them, and was too excited to play with him to figure it out...
    While I was downstairs playing with him, my mom cleaned up the living room, and tossed out his box, foam trays, arm armor, leg armor, sticker sheet, instructions, and gun clip.
    This is probably why today I own 3 G1 Jetfires...1 MIB (and when I say MIB, I mean MIB...he's never been removed from the foam trays , 1 100% complete for display in robot mode, and 1 that only has his gun and booster pack for display in jet mode.
    Since then I have NEVER tossed a package without making sure I had all of the parts...in fact, packaging usually hangs around my man cave for a week or so after purchase...just to make sure.
    It's like a tick or something.

13. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've vacuumed things up before. And while I have generally been able to get things back out.. (minicons, missiles.. stuff cats knock off desk) I have definitely lost some things forever. The bad part is I am still not sure what. I haven't figured it out yet.

14. primushatesyou

primushatesyou Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I lost the right hand of Maketoys Trash Talk on vacation last week :/

15. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Dude, that sucks. My own story: losing G1 Wheeljack during a family vacation/trip to Disney World and Epcot Center when I was a kid back in the 80's. I still kick myself for it to this day since I distinctly remember the last time I saw him was at a water fountain (the coin-tossing kind, not the drinking kind) and making vroom-vroom sounds with Jackie in Lancia Stratos alt mode. It haunts me, man.

16. 8bitboy

OOOWWWWW!!! NoOO!!! I feel you dude.

I lost toys the same way. Just put them down a moment somewhere, turn around and woosh! Gone :( 

I don't think it's bad you can't track down what you lost. I think it's worse when you realize what it was you lost. THAT part is haunting.