ZetaToys Kronos (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Masimoed

Masimoed Well-Known Member

I saw plenty of reviews for the original one and they were kind of mixed, which is why I was a little hesitant. Seems like they fixed some things on the Metallic and got the characters more toon accurate. Thanks for the feedback!

2. Masimoed

I hear ya, I picked up TW's Constructor (which I think everyone at Zeta worked for before Zeta) and part of the treads were missing for Bonecrusher. I got it through TFSource and they got me a replacement part pretty quickly. Hoping I don't have the same issue with Kronos.

Thanks!

3. Masimoed

I took the plunge and purchased the Metallic version today. TFSource has an offer for source credit this weekend so figured now's the time to buy.

4. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also just saw this morning, TCP has another batch on pre-order now. Not sure on an estimated date though.

I'm honestly tempted to use this as my combined mode and then either going with FT for my bots or if someone else like MMC or hell, even fucking Takara later down the line, comes out with their own set.

Just hoping that it doesn't come out for a while, just so I can really spread that price out for a couple months, haha.

5. Masimoed

I was tempted to wait but didn't want it to go out of stock. Good call on keeping him for combined mode and then seeing what else comes down the road. I'm kind of hoping that the new legends size one they just announced get's an MP scale release. That one looks even more toon accurate when they are in bot mode. I'm passing on FT's, I feel like they are too big in comparison to the Seekers.

6. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    I gotta thank my FT Wildrider's shoulder pieces for scuffing to the point where you can see the dark grey underneath, then I wouldn't have had this little revelation of mine, and i'd have probably ended up using just that set for every mode and would end up with WORSE than those scuffs, haha. Thinking of maybe replacing mine with a new copy, as FT is just plain out of extra pieces. Car mode still looks fantastic though.

Zeta would without a doubt be my combined set first and foremost. I'm not a fan of how the 5 look in bot mode, in comparison to say, FT. The extra paint apps fix a good portion of my problems with them.

First off, I hate Zeta's little "ZB-XX" accents on each of them. For me it kinda ruins the immersion, and I hope there's an easy way to get those off.

Also, I just kinda wish they made it more complete. Give the bots a couple faceplates? Maybe some extra accessories as well? Just those alone on top of this would be an easy sale for me.

7. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    I would absolutely love to see a video of someone just dropping this crystal version into a pool of 99% Rubbing alcohol and watch it crumble.

• Like Like x 5
  8. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

This question is for the owners of the first run of Kronos, what color is the Combiner Hip Joints? Is it dark grey like the first run of Zeta Armageddon/Bruticus?

9. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

@RondoCalrissian yep, the ones on mine are a metallic looking dark grey, almost gunmetal.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

News Credits:
    Someone's thinking maliciously!

Quite the villain you are, aren't you? :p 

upload_2020-11-2_23-20-44.png

11. Masimoed

I got the Metallic Version delivered today and I have to say I'm liking the set. I was kind of on the fence as I'm big on toon accuracy and these look close but there are some liberties that Zeta took with the designs. Having them in hand though I don't regret the purchase. Mine came complete, nothing missing or broken, which I've read some have had issues.

IMG_0125.jpeg

I went with Zeta over Fanstoys for a few reasons:
    - Scale. I feel like Zeta's bot modes scale better with the other combiner teams. I've attached a pic showing Zeta, MMC and FT side by side. I know FT's Aerialbots are much taller, which I'm not sure why they went so big.

IMG_0123.jpeg

- Price. I paid American retail price for these, I know some Chinese sellers probably have it cheaper but I prefer to get the bigger purchases stateside. Either way it's definitely more economical than trying to pick up FT's bots right now.
    - Combine mode. It looks amazing and I think the community agrees it's the best representation right now. We'll see how FT's fares when finally released but it will be hard to top.

The only way Zeta could top this set is if they decide to upscale the Legends one they are releasing, as they went even more toon with the deco on that one. Either way if you're looking for a good set of Aerialbots I recommend these.

• Like Like x 5
  12. RondoCalrissian

Does it look like this?

20201018_222919.jpg

13. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

yep, that would be the ones, the swirl or marbling is a little disheartening but it isn't overly heavy so hopefully it won't explode on me, lol.

14. RondoCalrissian

Thanks. This makes it easier for me to pick up replacement combiner hips for my Zeta Armageddon then.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Hey there,
    Last week I picked up the metallic boxed set and when I was pulling the foam cases from the box a piece fell out. And I’ve looked each figure over while converting each to the combined mode and I cannot figure out where this piece goes. I might just be missing it by happenstance. If anyone has a clue please let me know.
    Thanks.

Attached Files:

16. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a fuelling nozzle. I had the same query with my original set. Somebody will chime in for which one it's for, but the little tab slots in in front of the wing and points forwards.
    This crappy explanation might be enough to work it out, if not someone with the instant recall knowledge will help out

• Like Like x 2
  17. Chrg

Chrg RH Creations

Goes on the side of Harrier/ Slingshot.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bugste81

Bugste81 Ste

upload_2020-11-12_21-13-27.png .

• Like Like x 5
  19. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Told ya :D 

• Like Like x 3
  20. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Ah, thanks. It really was kinda ambiguous. Great set , but skimpy in some visual description areas.

• Like Like x 1