ZetaToys Kronos (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    My AG3s worked intermittently. Maybe because they were cheap eBay just. Like $2 or so for 10

2. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I went with gold and am pleased with the results (Tamiya TS-84)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. DragonKnight71

DragonKnight71 Well-Known Member

I see Emgo has it like that, but Sun of the Empire has it up more, the one I watched to do mine today. It still has no tab to tab in anywhere that I can see though.
    It's funny because there's plenty of holes on the top (of the plane) that they could of just added a little tab on either side of say that part that encases the (spring) landing gear to tab in. Even a little nub on either side or something.

4. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Are the toon accurate heads for the first two limb bots coming with the the second two limb bots

5. Knight Prime

Knight Prime QC 33

Unfortunately there's only the tension of the two halves to keep in place, but it does ok

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dabeast

Dabeast Well-Known Member

994CFCED-21D1-415F-95BB-834CC73A50FB.jpeg F4C0AEDF-9431-4A8D-8591-36898E3D853B.jpeg 994CFCED-21D1-415F-95BB-834CC73A50FB.jpeg Here’s some more..lightened up the faceplate..apologies for the crappy pics. I m debating on were to put the autobot logo. Someone had it on the right shoulder a ways back in the thread ..might be a possibility instead of the obvious. Catapault should be in tomorrow..waiting on skydive from baba. The visor was done with metallic tape ...pics don’t do it justice ..more to follow

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  7. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, one head comes with each.

8. Chaotic Yeti

Chaotic Yeti Well-Known Member

Amazing paint work, @Dabeast!

My last 3 finally came in from TCP!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  9. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    So my Skydive arrived today. Slingshot should be here later this week.

He's a mixed bag. I do like him, as I like all of Zeta's combiners so far, but he has issues, both QC- and design-wise. Keep in mind, I've just got him out of the box and transformed him once within the past half an hour, so I'll be fiddling with him and cleaning him up more shortly - these are just my initial impressions (and issues).

My Skydive quite literally has two left feet, so his right ankle cannot fold all the way out (I thought the feet were symmetrical but apparently that's only on the other mould).
    He's missing one of the red waist tabs that folds up for vehicle mode for his arms to tab into.

The landing gear is unfortunately at least as bad as Air Raid's, maybe worse.
    I removed the (already very bent-out-of-shape) spring and now it folds away much easier but it doesn't obviously hold the weight of the jet as well.
    All they really needed to do was shorten the spring and shorten the channel the landing gear moves within so that it doesn't poke out so far in either mode and cause issues.
    Speaking of which, even after removing the spring, trying to peg together the grey parts containing the landing gear seems impossible. I FINALLY managed to do it after I removed the landing gear.
    Oh, and the other two landing gear pieces are a bit loose, but they're probably fine.

The kneecaps are, of course, as annoying as they were on Air Raid. One of mine is fairly tight in both modes (a good thing) and the other one is quite loose, so that sucks. They look decent though.
    I did notice his backpack does flop around a bit in robot mode but I'll work on getting that into place better once I play with him more. It clearly isn't positioned correctly in the box because there's a little flap that opens sideways under the nosecone which isn't used in the out-of-the-box configuration.

Other QC issues are mainly just bits of mould flash everywhere (including a couple of sharp bits). I'll chalk most of these QC issues up to Chinese New Year though - I know some of these things have happened to other people and on earlier figures too, but they're pretty minor in the grand scheme of things anyway, and these probably were rushed for CNY.

Other than that, he's nice. A lot like Air Raid, but with some differences, and he's still fun.
    Wish they'd sorted out the landing gear, knee caps and especially those dumb torso panels, but it is what it is.
    Looking forward to Slingshot now, and then eventually Silverbolt and Superion.

Oh, and the cartoon Air Raid head is actually okay. I still prefer the toy one though, but I appreciate that they've finally ditched the translucent plastic on the back half of the heads.

They've reissued the first two at least three times (maybe four) now, so if you're talking about Air Raid, it's more so just bad timing on your part.

Besides, it's still just after Chinese New Year, where factories are still getting back into the swing of things, during which time there are far more important things for the factories to be producing than unofficial Transformers toys.

• Like Like x 2
  10. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I tried to put the screw covers in that came with Silver Arrow but couldn't find any places on him that they fit. Has anybody applied these?

Also, I tried batteries in both heads and I get all the lights but just a stuttering sound. Tried tightening the connections but that didn't have any effect. I then took both heads apart and looked at all the wiring and I couldn't find any loose connections or broken wiring/soldering. If you take the cartoon head apart, be a little cautious. The antenna are spring loaded on that one (and just that one) because reasons and it can be a bit challenging to get them, the neck piece and the two halves back together again.

If anybody else has this same issue and manages to fix it, could you please share with the rest of the class.

11. whitewolfe313

whitewolfe313 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you have them transformed wrong. The nose plane parts should be beneath where the knee attaches.

12. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    For leg mode, this is correct.

I just had a look at the instructions before putting Skydive's box away and noticed it's quite clear on where to position the backpack pieces, so if in doubt, read the manual.

13. transformer_78

transformer_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I’m curious, do the additional toon heads that come with Slingshot and Skydrive also fit them... meaning all 4 Aerialbots share the same head connection right?

Has anyone done that, picture?
    Thanks

14. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

My 4 and 5 have shipped from TF-Direct. They also got the parts from Zeta that were missing from 1 and 2. Can’t wait to get Superion all together.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The screw covers from Silver Arrow are for Superion's knees.

I haven't tried batteries because light and sound gimmicks aren't important to me but from what I've seen in this thread, I believe the problem comes from using the wrong batteries. I'm not sure what the right ones are, and I might be entirely mistaken, but that's what I recall seeing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. daddytron

daddytron Made of too much clear plastic

I used two 377 batteries....if that's all it is that would be great.

17. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Is Kronos taller than Armageddon?

18. Olfio

Olfio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Give me a couple of minutes, I am going to take a picture side by side.....
    As you can see, Bruticus is a little bit taller, considering the head as the tallest point. The pose is more or less the same, both aren't with legs in "A" stand.
    I can give you a further information:
    Superion height (both measured at the top of the antennas):51 cm, Bruticus 52,5 cm.

Attached Files:

19. amja99

amja99 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Is Constructor also taller than Kronos?

20. Olfio

Olfio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Tomorrow I will check it, now in Italy it's a quarter to midnight an I am going to bed

• Like Like x 2