ZetaToys Kronos (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The thing about Zeta's support is they'll support US customers if you bought it in the us and Chinese customers if you bought it in China. But if you buy it from tf-direct for example, you can have them (tf-direct) reach out to zeta on your behalf and zeta will give them the replacement part. So the only thing you really need to watch out for is that you buy from a seller that will help you get support. So probably not from a Chinese eBay seller (though I think I've heard that some, like baba, will help with support).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

My guess is they needed Onslaught to be that big because he forms the shoulders of Bruticus, and simply kept the same scale for Silverbolt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Not really. Zeta's heads are pretty much accurate to the g1 toy for the most part. Ppl might not prefer that aesthetic but it's still accurate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

Well, this is true with regard to the toy look. My point is - no matter whether you like the toon, the toy or the comic for inspiration, these figures are awesome and all fit in together and look fantastic when placed on a shelf with each other. There is no need to bash one company’s choice of aesthetics and suggest that it is wrong and won’t work. It is fine however to have a personal preference (we are all entitled to it), just leave the bullshit negative and unnecessary criticism of other people’s choice out of it. I have a mix of figures that are third party, Takara, toy inspired, toon inspired etc and it all works and looks great. I have seen other collections that have used different figures and companies to me, and they look great too! At the end of the day, it is hard to go wrong with the choices we have at hand.

5. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Who is making bullshit negative comments? I'm just saying the Zeta heads are accurate to the toy when they were incorrectly stated as being inaccurate to the source.

Ppl can collect what they want.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Omega Riz

Omega Riz Well-Known Member

Don’t worry, I’m not talking about you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Speaks volumes that I can't see who you're referring too lol

8. TCJJ

TCJJ 122% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Thank you.
    @ChromeMagnus said it. Not really sure why though, because it's not true.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Said what?

10. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    thats silverbolt and fireflight bought and so it begins :lol 

11. Alimcd

Alimcd Well-Known Member

Paid up my invoices at Kapow for the remaining two. They seem to be expecting both in stock by the 27th!

Can’t wait to get this beast standing on two legs

• Like Like x 1
  12. CaptainButtocks

CaptainButtocks Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got my Kapow invoices today as well - just as well as my patience broke and I assembled the three 'bots I already have into combined mode. Very very promising indeed. Solid and chunky!

13. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    once i have this all combined i don't even think i will give fanstoys superion a second thought they will go more towards the toon and tbh the toon superion is sort of pants , their bot modes look good though but i only wanted the aerialbots for superion :)  this one will get a minor bit of painting though :D 

the only 2 combiner teams i want for the bot modes alone are the stunticons and protectobots the latter hopefully xtb do next

combaticons i want for both bot and combined and no one has done that for me yet

predacons i want for predaking and still waiting on one i like

14. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Talk about missing the point completely. The point I was making is that regardless of what FT or Giga have done with their dinos for that matter.....Zeta's Silverbolt is oversized!?

Again, talk about missing the forest for the trees. No one is asking for smaller combiners. I'm very happy with what they are doing size wise. The point I was making is that the height of Silverbolt has no bearing on the height of Superion as the height of the Superion's torso/shell is what affects the height and not Silverbolt's and if this is the case as it is....then Silverbolt didn't need to be as big as he is! Period!

What a measured and thought provoking response. Hmm...it probably could be the case.

Anyway I'll leave it at that, no need in complaining about a figure I'm not buying. It's a shame, with their improved quality and impressive combiner approach Zeta could be at the top of the MP food chain but instead they choose indulge in making super-scaled chugsterpiece with the odd homage to the Sunbow cartoon here and there! I hope by the time they get around to making Computron they would have gone full on toon accurate like TT and FT to a lesser extent!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2019
  15. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'll message you tomorrow about Air Raid bud :) 

16. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    nice one will still buy it off you :) 

17. Mayena

Mayena Well-Known Member

Not if you care more about alt-mode scale than bot-mode scale like I do. In my opinion silverbolt is way to small for a concorde in relation to f15’s and phantoms. I’m always curious about real world scale; what if a concorde would transform into a robot, how big would he be? I prefer real world relative scale over the magic mass shifting they did in the cartoon. That’s also why I only buy minibot cars like bumblebee and cliffjumper and none of the normal car-bots like the lambo’s. They are way to big in alt mode compared to mp10 and spike.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I think you're seriously in the wrong hobby if scale in alt-mode is what you're looking for in the MP line. But good luck anyway with it!

19. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is an interesting thought but if you really want a Concorde in realistic scale, then wouldn't you also want to do away with the whole "robot body hanging under the plane" thing as well? In that case, if Silverbolt had to be made from the actual body of a Concorde without cheating, then he'd still be huge (like really huge) but significantly smaller than if you just took the G1 or Zeta version and scaled it up to realistic Concorde scale (his wings would be ginormous though, so they'd have to do some serious origami during transformation).

But yeah, alt mode realism just isn't practical in this hobby. For example. FT's Jetfire, which is a huge figure, wouldn't be big enough to scale with Legends scale Autobots. Starscream would tower over Optimus and the carbots (just look at the size difference between that itty bitty pilot figure that comes with Starscream and the Spike figure that comes with MP Optimus). Also, Bumblebee is the only carbot that scales reasonably well with MP10 Optimus in alt mode - all the others are too big (as you noted). Hound would be even smaller than Bumblebee. Powerglide would be huge. I could go on and on and I haven't even touched on Megatron, Soundwave, etc.

As for how big a Concorde would have to be to scale with MP10, the Corcorde is 202' long and MP bumblebee is around 1/30 scale which would put it at around 6.7' so...

[​IMG]

Something like this maybe?

[Edit] Looked into it a little more and this is almost double the length of your theoretical to-scale Silverbolt. He'd still be ridiculously huge, though.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Someone should totally do a correctly alt scaled Superion similar too that Bruticus masterpiece. A fight between those two would be a sight to behold.

• Like Like x 2