ZetaToys Kronos (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

To be fair, Silvie's toon model is pretty close to the toy, aside from the gold parts and the face. But then Silver Arrow is the only one in the group that doesn't make much reference to the robot sticker details, so yeah...

2. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    The only minor issues I have now with Zeta's figures are still those floppy wing flaps in the middle of the wings,they just droop down when you touch them,they should have made slots and pegs to stabilize them better.The other issue is the limb bots heads,with Airstrike and Firefly's toy heads verses Slingshot and Skydives toon heads that is gonna throw the whole set out of balance.I just hope its like others have said and Silverbolt (Arrow) has AS and FF toon heads included with him,otherwise my figs will be headless until new heads are made.

3. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Yeap, most likely and no word “yet” if they will release toy heads for the remaining members.

• Like Like x 1
  4. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Probably best / cheapest way to an mpesh Superion is indeed Zeta, with known stability as a combined mode. No idea what the FT will look like or be in toy form as it will be one of their first combiner.

But for someone like me wanting the Aerialbot team (ie as bots / jets mode), FT sure looks fantastic / extremely tempting, and that is from someone who never thought much of the team, just the concorde jet... thus from a none purchaser to now a wannabe purchaser ;) 

5. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did Zeta update Silverbolt's face?
    In the older pic, Silverbolt's face is weird, like it's missing a teeth and smiling...remind me of Mike Tyson (and I think FT's Silverbolt's face looks better).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But in the latest pic, seems Zeta's Silverbolt's face seems better now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A warrior doesn't need a head. Just a good strong body.

7. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

And possibly some air sickness medication.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh.
    Silverbolt.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    @Applejacktimus is right. Ppl either tend to forget or don't realise. Ironically both the toy and toon have black shoulders that this lacks but it'll be an easy enough fix that make him look even better imo. Compare Zeta Skydive to toy and toon and you'll see he's very close to the toy with the full red torso and full black arms. That's not cartoon Skydive.

There is no shift of aesthetics, just a new set of cartoon style heads.

On a different note....this pic:

44932955_520100795121094_5687517000419508224_n.jpg

Skydive looks as finished as Silverbolt but nothing of Slingshot. January seems along way for Silverbolt when he appears to have been to finished for a while now so I wonder if they're delaying Silverbolt to mass produce Skydive then release in a pair like they did the first two.

It's the only reason I can think Skydive is there......or I'm over thinking it. Either way poor old Slingshot getting the boot till the very end lol

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  10. Pessimus Prime

Pessimus Prime Slackerbot Commander

I don't think they changed his face at all, I think the first pic is just not great quality. Looks to me like the lighting wasn't situated properly and we're getting some reflection distortion. In the second pic they've controlled the lighting a little better. His face looks pretty shiny so would be apt to pick up light from all over. IMO FT's Silverbolt looks better overall, but that doesn't diminish Zeta's. Silver Arrow still looks mighty good, and while we don't know yet what FT's version will cost, I do expect Zeta's set - taken as a whole - to be the better value. FT's set will be for those with deep enough pockets and enough devotion to the characters to pay the premium. (I wouldn't be surprised if FT and Zeta Silverbolt are comparable in price, but the difference between the costs of the limb bots I expect will significantly offset that.) If money were no object, I'd certainly like to have the FT set for bot modes, as they are way better than Zeta's. I would say those of us who just want a Superion for our collection are looking to get a good deal with the Zeta set.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hate unpainted diecast. Which leads into my main point. I like everything that I see with this figure except the bare diecast feet and other bare diecast parts.

12. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

FT's details and paint more accurate but zeta's proportions look better to me....i'm 2 jets in so i'm sticking with zeta for now. haha

• Like Like x 1
  13. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

Totally the opposite for me, after looking at available room I'm not going to have the space for a permanent combined mode and since I think the Ft ones will present far better in bot modes i'll probably end up ditching the 2 zeta ones I have and jumping ship.

• Like Like x 1
  14. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Yeesh, that pinched-in mosquito-nose looks even worse close-up. I mean, Britain DID design a plane called the Mosquito, but this isn't it...

• Like Like x 1
  15. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:
    I'm still ALL IN for this set…
    But for the life of me,
    I can't figure out why he has White Shoulders and those stupid Zerbert Lips!

For Primus' sakes, it looks like he's continuously making helicopter sounds!!! :mad: 

• Like Like x 1
  16. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Keep in mind, you also looking at bad lighting and armature camera work. It probably looks better in person.

17. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    White shoulders might be because they've already cut the molds for white plastic and it's a part of that mold. And it'll cost more money to make a new mold for a different colour.

18. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

the mold does not determine the colour of the plastic

19. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that. You can put any colour into a mold. It’s also cheaper to make one mold that can make multiple parts in one colour vs making many smaller molds for each part. I’m only offering that up as a possible explanation to why the shoulders are white.

20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks. Now I can't unsee that. Also good to know I'm not the only one who still calls it a zerbert all these years later.

• Like Like x 1