ZetaToys Kronos (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Big Hache

Big Hache Perfect

News Credits:
    Just one? ;) 

2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My ZB02 Airstrike arrived Saturday. Honestly, I don't get any of the "feels cheap" or "too light" commentary. It feels fine to me and is a pretty nice figure for $60 IMHO. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    It's the nature of the hollow design throwing ppl off. If it's not Fanstoys and laced with diecast and/or paint then it must equal not premium/cheap/flimsy.

• Like Like x 10
  4. lwbsami

lwbsami Well-Known Member

I totally agree, I would rather buy this at 60.00 all day long compared to some of the prices of the "Fan Club" toys. I'm not a toon accurate junky though, I actually like robots with flare!

• Like Like x 3
  5. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's actually my favorite 3p figure I own so far which is funny since I didn't want Air Raid so much as I just wanted Superion's leg. He just feels solid and looks great. He has a transformation that's simple enough to be easy but well engineered enough to make for a great looking bot and alt modes (large box under the plane notwithstanding).
    Ok, maybe it's an exaggeration to say he's my favorite. I've got maketoys Downbeat and KFC Transistor which are probably the top contenders for my "favorite" position. I don't enjoy Downbeat's transformation all that much though and I dunno': there's just something about Air Raid that makes transforming him more satisfying than pretty much every other TF I own.
    I still hate that front landing gear though. Doesn't like to fit in the closed position in alt mode and is difficult to dig out during transformation due to the spring.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess because it doesn't have the heft of a Takara MP11/MP11x series seeker.

I'm guessing ZB-01 drops this month.

7. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Was messing with mine yesterday and did notice that opening the "hood" does help that part of the transformation of the landing gear. Who knew lol. I like that it doesn't seem a chore to transform him unlike some other bots I own, talking to u despotron!

8. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So wait. Did zb01 get pushed back again? They've been saying "next week" since the beginning of December but for some reason I had it in my head that it was for sure this past weekend or this week sometime. Is that not the case?

9. mikequillm

News Credits:
    Last I heard was mid to late January

10. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I take it once they start popping up on eBay is when we can expect them to start hitting sites? I'll probably grab Flyfire from there once I get my eBay bucks.

Starscream can finally have some aerial combat fun... He was the only MP (scale) plane I had prior to Air Strike.
    screenshot_09.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  11. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Is Air strike supposed to have light piped eyes? The back of the head is clear smoke grey plastic but they eyes are opaque.

12. VenomGTSR

VenomGTSR Well-Known Member

I think it was originally supposed to but they changed it. Same with the Combaticons. In fact, I think those guys were actually shown with light piping.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Every Toyworld figure I have has that stupidly annoying lightpiping feature that only works when the light source is positioned just right, so I'd be willing to bet the designers had to put the feature in, but when they broke off on their own they removed that feature. The molds were probably already made so they just changed the plastic since they hate lightpiping as much as I do.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It was, but when zeta broke off.from toyworld, they changed the light piping to smoky grey plastic.

15. Thibkaji

Thibkaji Well-Known Member

TCP told me directly that it was pushed back to mid/late January, and some other sites have updated to end of January as well. My guess is Airstrike sold so well they wanted to get more of them made and out — it’ll boost their FlyFire production numbers but also ends up pushing back the release date. I’m conjecturing, but sounds plausible. They might also be redoing the head to make it more toon accurate, which seems to be the major criticism of these aerialbots.

• Like Like x 3
  16. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Hope
    they aren’t changing the head. I like what I’ve seen of it, and dislike toon accurate. If it’s an extra head, fine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mikequillm

News Credits:
    There is a lot of demand for it. With FT reveal they would be smart to change or include 2

• Like Like x 1
  18. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Yeah the current inaccurate heads need upgrades. They should have done it from the jump.

19. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if they will offer a toon accurate chest plate and face for combined mode.

Wing of Kronos....

20. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, lots of demand. That's why several retailers sold out of zb-02. Don't get me wrong: I wouldn't mind if they included alternate heads but I'm happy with them as is and I'd rather they just get to releasing the remaining figures.

• Like Like x 2