ZetaToys Beastking (Masterpiece Predacons/Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Renz, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Duke spino

Duke spino Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anyway acknowledging zeta, not likely to see defensor. Or rather, they shouldn't. We already have two combiners and an 18 inch tall bot being teased. If they don't release anything and just keep teasing, they'll lose credibility. The boy who cried product. If they're going to do anyone, it should be another bot of raiden. They already seem to have started it. Time to finish it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

I’m not sure how I missed this until today, but I’m very interested in this. I guess it’s time to sell my Feral Rex. I’m fine if this take a year or 2 to make as well, that’s good with me.

I wish they would have announced Defensor before Raiden, as I’m not a big fan of train bots like this (Astrotrain being the exception). But I’m happy for all of you that are fans of him and are excited that someone is giving him attention. But I’d still take a Defensor in a second.

3. cooler36

cooler36 ...

Not all of us have unlimited space to store boxes, or chunks of plastic. And your precious ZETA combiners still aren't anywhere close to scale, at least not MP. Legends, maybe. Also, Zeta's Bruticus is one of the least stable combiners I've ever seen, whereas all of GT's can stand without issue, as can UT Ordin and Ragnaros, and MMC Feral Rex. These combiners may be a few inches shorter, but I'd gladly take a shorter combiner with quality than these oversized Combiner Wars figures. From now on, it'd be a good rule of thumb for you not to bump an old thread to complain about someone with a differing opinion than yours, especially when some of us expect news about the figure in said bump.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Ok, I just did some clean up. I'm going to remind everyone of two rules here:

1. No Insults, Trolling, Flaming, Name Calling, Harassing, Etc.
    We will not tolerate insults, excessive profanity or throwing a topic off course. Use of racial, bigoted, sexist, or discriminatory terms or phrases is not accepted. Posts intended solely to antagonize others are not accepted. Keep topics/posts where they belong. Generally, “play nice”.

13. No Disruptive Posting or Flamebaiting
    Do not purposely post anything which will cause another member (or members) to react negatively. This is subjective. The TFW2005 staff will evaluate the trend of posts made by those consistently being reported or those that are repeatedly involved with arguments on the site. If their overall method or content of posting leads to staff attention repeatedly, we reserve the right to warn, infract and/or ban accordingly.

Your profile says you joined last year. But either way, welcome. Please find your way here: TFW2005 Rules And please keep those board rules in mind. Giving your opinion is one thing. Being rude about it is another. Please pay special attention to the parts bolded, italicized, and underlined in the rules.

Thanks.

5. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

I don't know about "unlimited", but collecting toys requires a certain amount of space. If you're throwing out your accessories because you don't have room to keep them, you probably need to reassess the number of figures in your collection.

Zeta's Aerialbots are MP seeker size? Seems pretty in scale to me.

Both Constructor and Kronos are two of the most stable combiners around, and able to do more than just "stand without issue" - I have mine in a dynamic pose wrestling with each other at the moment. I've heard Bruticus has some issues, but one bad apple doesn't ruin the barrel.

I am keen to see what Zeta does with Predaking though - I don't recall what height they are going for, but I am concerned that if it doesn't have pants then it won't fit with the height of my other combiners - and I'm too far in to replace those with a different scale.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's only one company doing it and they haven't proven much other than if you don't mind a bunch of sacrifices (size, aesthetic, design), you can sort of manage to pull it off (we hope). 1 of 5 team members released so far. We'll see how they do.
    Why else would you have a Zeta combiner except for its combined mode?? o_O :crazy: 
    You might be in the wrong hobby if you can't manage to fit somewhere in your home what amounts to only one additional part than any other pre-2019 combiner has come with.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well to 1, I think you mean mmc and tfc toys, maketoys and fanstoys dipping in, and fansproject one monstructor, right:p  no but seriously, what's wrong with them? Just asking.

For 2, here's your answer, if you're going to transform you toys back and forth, you want the pants to do something. I hear warbotrons a good example. Use the pants in more than one way. Toyworld seems to be supposedly approaching this by making a munky bot that is pants, there's things you can do. You could make the pants so much more. Give predacon a bigger pack turning his pants into animals like crocodiles and birds and other things. Ridiculous? Probably. But just leaving pants no place? Suppose I just buy the bots for them alone. I have nothing to do with the pants at all except toss into a box. But what do I know. I don't like display only.

• Like Like x 1
  8. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    To date, MMC is the only one doing an all-in-one combiner. Once it is established that "pantsforming" is merely one additional partsforming piece than any other partsforming combiner, it becomes a moot point and only an all-in-one combiner truly does away with the partsforming that combiners naturally do, both in physical product and cartoon form.
    I don't do that in general, but I definitely wouldn't do that with Constructor or a Zeta combiner. For all I want from them, their motto could be: "Combine once, display forever." :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Duke spino

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Touche to both answers. Just putting my own spin on things. I do that a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ArkhamSoldier

ArkhamSoldier Broke as heck

News Credits:
    I hope we get some prototypes of their Predaking before the end of this year.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I personally prefer that the space I have to be occupied by the bots themselves not huge pieces of kibble when my combiners are uncombined...

Kronos aren't. Superion is supposed to be bigger going by the cartoon.

Poseidon can do some good poses as well. However, it would be quite embarrassing if a "combiner" with a full fake body couldn't perform well in dynamic poses... So the credits for stability are not really for the combiner itself but for the huge fake piece that bears the weight. In other words, Zeta's previous combiners are "action masters" more than anything else tbh, which is FINE (I am quite sure FT fakeformers, which are going to be similar to Zeta's, will be amazing display pieces), but don't show off their stability as a COMBINER when it's achieved by cheating... It's like if I came here to boast about my grades at college, but I also tell all of you that I did it by cheating on the tests and then expecting everyone to say I am great at academics...

• Like Like x 1
  12. J Rock

J Rock Well-Known Member

what are you even on. G1 Devastator has parts forming hips... a stupid little purple peice. if you dont want parts forming or you dont like zetas bot astethics dont buy it, go buy MMC. we like what Zeta is doing RELLY REALLY like it, it makes the proportions phenominal, and stability and display options are insane. and yes i display my bots in bot mode sometimes and all the combiner parts go in storage, just like most of my regular MP bots guns and accessories do everyday...

• Like Like x 2
  13. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

So the argument now is to go with a smaller, all-in-one combiner because partsformers aren't large enough? o_O 

You still need the individual bots to make the gestalt (with the possible argument about Silver Arrow, though the end figure is a bit dodgy without him), so they are still a combiner. Putting quotes around the word doesn't diminish that.
    I guess it comes down to what you want the end result to be. I'm happy having five figures that I can join together to make the gestalt figure (yes, I'd refer not to have a fake chest, but it's not a deal-breaker for me) and if that involves adding a few extra pieces then so be it. Your definition is obviously a lot more strict (and I would suggest no completed combiner figure to date fits your criteria, MMC will be the first).

• Like Like x 2
  14. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    You guys are arguing with someone who apparently considers a reasonable collecting scheme to be a pile of random disorganized stuff shoved haphazardly into a cupboard. Your logic will have no effect. The responses you get will be obsessively concerned with "pants" parts on a product that intends to homage a character that was partsforming in its original source material, both toy and toon, while adding scale, stability and posability, but is to be considered cheating as if there are some unwritten rules that must be followed that were told to no one. You can't reason with that mindset.

• Like Like x 3
  15. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Exactly, G1 Devastator, I and others want a more modern and better take on how combiners works. You like / don't mind G1 partforming level of engineering, be my guess, it's perfectly fine.

Anyway, Zeta and Toyworld seem to have dropped using pants and instead are looking for other approaches to achieve the 50+ cm height class.

My definition of combiner is not that strict, but the combiners from FT and some of Zeta’s are really stretching the definition imo.

I don't know if a proper definition of a modern transformer combiner toy exist, but as far I know I think a combiner must meet these requirements:

1. All the bots must form a crucial structural aspect of the combiner, unless the fiction says otherwise (Menasor for example)
    2. All the bots should have a proper combined mode that is recognizable as a body part.
    3. Minimal use of accessories to complete the "look", but these accessories should not help with structural support (too much). Exception: feet, because they are small.
    4. If the accessories help significantly with structural support, they have to come from one of the members modes (alt-mode, robot mode, "extra member") and must transform as well.
    Of course that is just my humble opinion. Huge pieces like crotches or torsos that doesn't transform are just too much for me, since I collect transformes based on complexity and engineering. Size and paint don't impress me as much as part count and mechanisms. Other collectors may don't give a damn about that and care more about other stuff.

It would be very interesting to hear what others think about what a combiner should comply in order to be called a combiner. I think yours and many others definitions are that all the bots should be needed to complete the gestalt, regardless of how much each member contributes to form it, which it is also a valid definition, I won't agree with it, but valid still. In the end, we have different tastes and opinions.

You have brought very interesting points to discuss and yet we had a polite discussion, thank you!

16. J Rock

J Rock Well-Known Member

This company makes pants forming, its their thing, other companies still release G1 style combiners without it, UT , MMC, is it TFC that announced the abomonus? Go post bother them.

We are three combiners deep at this stage. Theres a market for what ZETA is doing and we are it. If your not into it then why even come here?

• Like Like x 1
  17. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I can understand WHY they aren't Making Predaking a Parts Former (well a Mostly Parts-former)

It's because his G1 Toy didn't really Partsform (all that much)

The G1 version was huge (for it's time) because they were originally designed by Bandai Designers not Takara designers.

They have a certain stigma to them. Which is why so many folks wanted a Predaking to be the Largest most solid Combiner of all. Because that's what they recall as kids. and he IS the Largest and most solid of all the combiners.

So again it makes sense why Zeta chose to go the route they have. I have to be honest, though yet again it just looks like an Oversized version of the TFC Predaking to me (mostly or at least inspired from it) (just like their Aerialbots)

Partsforming for Predaking don't make much since to me in this case. So long as they make Razorclaw Solid as hell for combined mode, to hold the weight, and to hold dynamic Poses, THAT is all I truly care about.

This version is going to be a Huuuuuuuuge Monster in his combined form. The Largest Predaking to DATE I think.

I'm still Excited to see how this project turns out. Even if all the Predacons look like Glorified ZOIDS.

The Shelf presence is going to be pretty crazy with all that RED/ORange/Yellow/Black/Grey Color scheme.

Be honest, ya'll. You know you want to see how this Predaking turns out.

18. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Yeah, there is a market for fakeformers, I am not into it, but Zeta won't use pants in this combiner, so that's why I am here, you won't see me in the other Zeta's threads to complain about partsforming because I don't want to spoil the fun of the others who genuinely like it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Others should follow your example man. good on you. seriously. it's just too bad the people here won't do just that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. J Rock

J Rock Well-Known Member

Sure I'm not saying you specifically, I don't recognise your tag. There is always a vocal anti-pants group in any Zeta thread.

It's almost as bad as that girl that hooked up with Fanstoys once and really thinks she's getting a call back. You know the one that shows up anytime you critique a FT product or a company makes a product in direct competition with FT

" I'm not saying I'm in love with them, but you don't know FT like I do. FT isn't interested in you, FT needs someone who appreciates them."

• Like Like x 1