ZetaToys Beastking (Masterpiece Predacons/Predaking)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Renz, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well I’d just rather the chance be taken elsewhere when we could get a predaking I’m certain would work. You know?

• Like Like x 1
  2. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Taser face...i mean razor face.....damn sure aint razor claw! Then again...individual bots aint what you buy Zeta for!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Arsenal

Arsenal Cold constructed

bseUj7X.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    True. And I actually quite enjoy the individual boys for their style. Like the new toon version of Bruticus they announced looks beautiful. With the vintage colouring and the weird new styled robots. It’s a crazy fused bond. And with Superion and Devastator they look like modernised but beautifully faithful.

5. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    I think its kind of like when you like an artist to the point where even their so-so songs are good to you. The superion individual bots are pretty good. Bruticus' parts however are the polar opposite, and yet something about them is...dare i say MAGICAL!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Well I wouldn’t go magical. But I get you. Even though they’re achieving very different things they’re still an bomb ass unit. And it gives me a good feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

could it be that its actually just made to look the same as the bots legs, but its actually a bigger version and actually is pants?

8. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    See I’m not sure that’s the case. Cause there are so many details that look too much like the same.
    DFB6F8BB-E7CF-447A-A17E-F13B66FB7493.jpeg
    Not to mention you can even see the side flaps and even a bit of the front crotch play on the back.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I like the proportions on Zeta Preds in those pics eVac posted a few pages back but some things are nagging about him as well like those twin shoulder cannons,those are just so flat and bulky.Another thing is how in the pic Divebomb's tail is attached to his wings in the back and also it is bright orange but he has always had black tail feathers.But other than that he looks Wicked Awesome,wonder when we will see actual figs?

10. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Yup, and it’s possible he also may contain some diecast.

• Like Like x 1
  11. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand: are they going to make the limbs even moar bigger or is Predaking going to be significantly smaller than their other combiners?

12. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is one point to consider.
    I think this is the first genuine 100% Zeta figure? Everything else they’ve released was designed as part of Toyworld.
    We dont know what part of current combiners is Zeta and what was mandated by ToyWorld. Maybe size, maybe designs, maybe even pants.

This is the first actual product just from ZETA. This and the whacky Train guy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    They are trying to step up their game and leave the pants in the past even if they worked well for them on their previous releases. The price will increase for sure, but the figures and transformations will be more complex and better too.

14. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does this thread still have a question mark in the title?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    I don’t think you understand how zeta works.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Predaking's torso looks a bit small, but if they managed to make him as sta le as Superion without the extra parts of would be a great achievements. I'm very curious to see how it will turn out to be.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    He looks decent. Needs some work in some areas such as Razorclaw's lion face. Worried about him not having pants. Will have to wait and see on this one. I'm more confident that they'll nail it with Raiden because Shouki is designed to basically be transforming pants. Razorclaw, not so much.
    Only to you.
    It means less stability, which means BIOMEC will buy it and the rest of us won't, then he'll complain about how he still hates Zeta whilst the rest of us say "we told you so" about the pants.
    Fuck that, just wait a few years and the price of those things will come down (and the quality will go up). Ain't no reason anyone needs to be a guinea pig here.
    This was a theory being chucked around but at this point, I think it's safe to say that there are no pants. It definitely appears to be Razorclaw, and I assume showing him next to Predaking was intended to convey as much.
    That... doesn't sound like a selling point for a combiner torso.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    No pants?

Seems razorclaw's legs collapse in so his calves form Predaking's thighs. Then the hip assembly rotates to form the crotch, and torso is extended to form Predaking's abs.

I can't see how this can work well without partsforming.

Strictly from a proportions standpoint, razorclaw's waist effectively doubles as Predaking's. This means that the stance will most likely be a forced "A stance" since the hips aren't wide enough to accommodate the combiner legs. This was an acute issue with feral rex... you could never really have him posed in a neutral stance since their razorclaw's waist was too narrow to properly space the combiner legs.

Either razorclaw is ridiculously huge...i mean his calves would need to be similar in size to constructor's thigh piece... or they're ditching the 50cm scale. Or, there's some clip on waist and leg piece that goes over razorclaw. No clue.

I think they're ditching (if in fact they are) the combiner only pieces not to switch up to more challenging engineering. .. But rather to cut costs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Or one could argue they've just slipped back into the past with this shit. Why change a winning formula with insane stability and posability back to something that is notorious for splits and wonky proportions.

Zeta can keep their model waisted hunter that no doubt will be pushing FT prices. This and the blatant Bruticus cash grab have plumetted their reputation and expectation to low tier third party for me and that's a shame as they were top of the game. At least XTB, DX9 and Fanstoys know the score, all is not lost.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Georgii10235

Georgii10235 A member for fun

News Credits:
    In terms of combiners, I always liked Predaking. His design is so awesome and unique from the other combiners. I wasn't that interested in combiners and then I saw POTP Predaking with the DNA design upgrade kit, he looks epic! I was already aware of Zeta Toys' Predaking being in the works and just saw the TFcon reveal and it looks good.

I just don't like the proportions of it, and at this stage it'll stay that way. The individual bots for Predaking will be better and doesn't seem to suffer the same hollowness as POTP Predaking. Not to mention, it'll probably have a good amount of paint which POTP lacks. I love the amount of detail on it and it makes the set look very interesting.

I'm a bit concerned about the possibility of Zeta toys changing their past formula. If it can't pose as well and hold it without falling apart I'll probably look past this. I'll keep my eye on this one, I'm getting POTP Predaking anyway since it's going to be a while until it comes out. I hope they're able to do Predaking well, even if I won't buy it for a while.

[​IMG]

Pretty sure it's because you can't change thread titles. Correct me if I'm wrong though.