ZetaToys Armageddon/Bruticon (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I emailed them before and got a short broken english message saying that they don't have the details, never heard back when I replied "who has the details that I can talk to". Maybe you'll have better luck.
    I dont think they would clash over matte, gloss, or metallic paint anymore than they look different because of being made up of different types of vehicles with different color schemes all together and even the look from one brand to another. I think my metallic Superitron looks great next to my constructor in green plastic next to XTB monolith mixed paint/plastic of all types and dx9s Gabriel. Big variety of colors and materials going on there and they look good together. Imo

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    £290 from TFS-Express and that includes shipping. £387 from Omegalock...

Is this the definitive Bruticus? I imagine I will pick up whatever better figures comes down the line for individual robot modes

• Like Like x 2
  3. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    Not a bad price at all, gotta say.

I think this might end up being the definitive for a lot of people out there for sure. Personally getting this since while MMC Bruticus aesthetically is PERFECT, imo, i'd want something to kinda stand with the rest of the combiners I either have to get my hands on or have already pre-ordered (XTB Stunticon reissues & Protectobots, Fans Toys combiners, Zeta Superion and now Bruticus, etc). MMC's bots are still my definitive bots though. Onslaught especially, easily one of my favorite figures in my entire collection. And the same is going for their Protectobots as well, though I won't mind having Fuzz, Jocund and the others stand in until the others start coming out next year.

4. Alph

Alph Well-Known Member

It's "definitive" in the sense that it's probably the most toon accurate, well proportioned, and in-scale Bruticus we'll get in the next decade, if not longer, so I guess it depends on what your patience level/time limit for definitiveness is. Though obviously the individual robot modes aren't definitive by any stretch, but you seem aware of that.

Basically get this new Zeta Bruticus if you want something you can pair with XTB Defensor...

[​IMG]

...and put with the other MP scaled combiners.

And get the MMC Bruticus if you want to pair him with MMC Defensor and have them displayed off in some separate area where their diminutive size isn't as apparent.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Depends what you're definitive version of Bruticus is. Toy and toon look completely different.

For toy version I'd say the original release is a yes. As a toon version I'd say no. Colours are off and the individual limbs look nothing like the cartoon.

To get the definitive toon version you need to mix and match companies. Zeta Onslaught, MMC limbs. Perfection in all 3 modes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Caved. Pre-ordered. Damn it all.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I wonder who's release info is more accurate? ShowZ has 1st quarter 2022 and TFS Express has December 2021. I preordered with ShowZ because their price is better. I like TFS Express and a lot of their prices are cheaper overall after shipping except when it comes to the bigger items and then it goes the opposite way coming out around $75 more in this case.

8. Dpuff

Dpuff Please be polite to the site sponsors

News Credits:
    Before I took him out of my stash for the cheaper showz option tcp had it showing March 22

• Like Like x 1
  9. Kevin Adams

Kevin Adams Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    While the Armageddon would fit with my toy-deco collection better, as a latecomer I bit the bullet and grabbed this new Bruticon PO to fill the Bruticus-shaped hole in my collection, and be a companion piece to my Toyworld Constructor. Assaultus will get broken down for a team display instead of a combined display. So it goes.

• Like Like x 4
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would anyone here be able to have a SS blackout with vortex in vehicle mode?

11. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, I really like the look of the individual member of assaultus more than the combined mode. However I want a bruticus in my collection, so I went with this guy. Just got their superion even though I have ft for the individual bots. Superion looks great so I have high hopes for this guy!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. TylerB

TylerB Well-Known Member

I'm really disappointed with my Armageddon right now. With the release of a more toon accurate Bruticus I decided to sell Armageddon off, so I pulled it off the shelf, started to dismantle it, and I discovered two breakages while doing so, one minor and more pretty major. All my Bruticus it ever did was stand on a shelf for 3 years and now the post holding the ratchet together is sheared off rendering it just a friction joint and the other is a minor tab break that holds a flap closed on Onslaught's arm. I haven't even gotten to the limb boys yet, so I could be in for more surprises.

I had a buyer all lined up and ready to go too!! Now I'll probably just glue back together and stick it back on the shelf. Probably have to cancel my Bruticon preorder too, which is the smart thing to do because it will probably break too.

13. Mykltron

Mykltron Well-Known Member

I've seen a few breakage reports but I haven't read the whole thread. My yellow Zeta Devastator has something break off every time I touch it. Is this guy as bad? I transform and pose my figures a lot.

14. Little Dutch

Little Dutch Official TFW2005 Masterpiece Weigher

I owned two Zeta Bruticus', the first edition and then the toon colour version. I only broke off a fist one time, because I was an idiot with the tolerances. For the rest I never had any issues.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Tarzan456

Tarzan456 Active Member

You called it for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

ShowZ will almost always raise their pre-order price after the figure switches to "incoming". And many retailers will cut the price for pre-orders just to know how many units to get. After the figure lands on their shelf then they have to pay to warehouse the figures until "you" decide you're ready to buy. Naturally they need to pay to warehouse all the figures while they're waiting to be sold. Giving you an apparent "deal" is the way online merchants keep the figures moving and avoid huge warehouse costs and sorting through inventory.

But in the case of Metallic Bruticus the price jump from $379 to $419 also happened when ShowZ finally had to give up on the SAL shipping method. It was the "free" shipping associated with this figure. It used to take about 40 or 50 days to reach USA, but it was very inexpensive. The past year SAL shipping got worse and worse (sometimes 80 or 90 days in transit) with more smashed and lost packages plus the almost inexplicable instances of the boxes arriving full of water despite the several layers of protection. Somehow the SAL shippers must have been puncturing the bags and then submerging the packages for an extended period. Too many complaints about SAL and ShowZ had to drop it and go with more expensive "free shipping". I feel a little bad about having some older pre-orders that would have shipped SAL, but ShowZ ate the cost difference and shipped Yanwen instead. I got my latest two Gigapower dinos much faster than my first thanks to eliminating SAL and ShowZ honored my original pre-order price and didn't stick me with the extra $5 or $10 they recently raised the GP dino prices.

17. MagnusAfterDark

MagnusAfterDark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Hooray for preorders. Just saw this and glad to have that lower priced locked in.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, I went to their website and noticed that they did actually jack up the price. I also noticed that I only paid $25 less for Superion, so I am not too upset with the $400 price point given the extra paint and upgraded accessories.

20. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Isn't the price jump from $399 to $419? It only shows $379 on my preorder page because it's the balance remaining after the $20 deposit.

I'm a little surprised to see the price jump so soon after announcing the preorder but I knew it was coming. I paid $20 less for Superion with a total price of $379.99 and now with Bruticus at $399.99 I'm ok with that. I guess with the price increase because of using better shipping methods they didnt want to leave it at the lower price for longer. I remember with Superitron it was at the lower price for nearly the whole preorder period and only went up when it was incoming which was around the same time they were phasing SAL out. I was thinking of waiting longer to preorder seeing the release date but then decided to just get it over with and now glad I did.

• Like Like x 2