ZetaToys Armageddon/Bruticon (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. HanDy

HanDy You have been deceived

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice but not enough to replace the metallic one I own. I'm already happy with that and the original chest piece doesn't bother me that much.

If the individual bots were good looking I may bite but they are way off from my collection.

Somebody just print that chest piece and sell it for 25$ please!

• Like Like x 1
  2. franpincho

franpincho NOT a FT Only collector

Wow, ShowZ ends up being almost as much as $100 less than a N/A store, that is simply crazy.

How is ShowZ in regards to replacements/returns?

let's say, this set ends up being crap because reasons, is their return policy the same as, say, AJP? Tempted because of the price and the fact that the combined mode looks excellent! That chest is the truth!

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Anti-hype man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends on the 3p company. If the company allows replacement parts, they'll get it semi quickly. If the company doesn't want to respond to them about replacements, there may be issues.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

I've been on the fence about getting Bruticon for ages now, and while the purist in me appreciates the toon accuracy, the colours are just... awful. Makes me wonder what the hell they were smoking when they chose them, particularly Brawl's delightful "the morning after a bad curry" brown.

5. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

It looks like from the pic of the new die-cast chest version, the Vortex appears to be the metallic painted one. Also does it carry over the rubber treads etc from the Metallic release? I wonder if the rest of the figure / limbs are painted like the metallic pain release?
    I would hope they would bring back the die-cast feet like the original run.

6. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Can confirm. I've been waiting 8 or 9 months for replacement parts from ToyWorld despite ShowZ trying to get them for me.

7. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Every time I see a new release of Bruticus I'm tempted to buy it, especially since with the current 3p prices we'll probably never be able againto buy an MP scaled combiner for $400. So far I always passed on it to save space...who knows what I'll end up doing this time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Finally the PO is available for this version! I'm curious to know or see what the supposed updates are that ShowZ mentioned when I asked. Hopefully they implemented some fixes for what people here have mentioned they had problems with and it's not simply the chest. I'm in either way but fixes would be nice and paying up to about $100 less than TCP, TFS, & BBTS is what I was looking for!

Not sure if they are still available but someone had listings on ebay for 3D printed chests for both Zetas Bruticus & Superion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. franpincho

That is not good. What if you want to return the thing because you can't deal with replacements/DIY crap? I'm sure they may make one want to pay for shipping, right?

10. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think that's what is going on with a Toyworld Optimus Prime in the Flash Sale section on ShowZ's website. Came missing a couple guns and the spare head and since ShowZ knows getting parts is unlikely at this point, that person is getting a replacement or refund while its put up for sale at a discount for Canadian buyers. I saw that this morning and thought why not just use after sales for the missing parts, oh wait! Toyworld, would probably never get them!

11. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure but from what i've seen from other people here I think they handle returns like @MV Steve said. They will re-sell the broken item (labeled as such) on ShowZ and sell it to someone specifically from your country, whether it's the US, UK or Canada etc. and then you have to ship it to whoever bought it. You'll usually see an item like that on ShowZ labeled as [US Buyer Only].

Other than ToyWorld fucking around and just being bad with replacement parts ShowZ has come through the couple other times i've needed parts. But again, it's totally dependent on whether the company they request parts from is a steaming pile of dung (like ToyWorld) or not.

• Like Like x 1
  12. franpincho

Thanks for the responses guys.

I have made up my mind and I'm not getting any younger. I really want a Bruticus in my collection so I'll PO now. $400 is really not bad for a combiner set all things considered.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. TylerB

TylerB Well-Known Member

but that little toon pinhead, yeeesh
    I might just take you up on that so I can replace it with this latest reissue. Mine is 100% complete with boxes plus bonus toon head.
    I think they're great, one of the jets was missing a wing on my Zeta Superion and they promptly sent a replacement. Super friendly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I’ve been tempted by this set forever, including a sub-$300 set back in the day. I was glad I waited bc I prefer the Bruticon colors to the Armageddon colors, but this set with the improvements and paint seems a winner to me. I’m also a MASSIVE FT fanboy and said I would only buy their products, but… it will be literally years before they ever get around to Bruticus, so I might as well get this one and enjoy it (plus complete the Zeta/TW combiners set).

I do want this to come with both heads (I think that it does which is great as I prefer the Studio Ox version) and I’d love if it had the other chest piece as well, but that’s not at all likely.

16. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I think there is a good chance it will come with both chest pieces. They did include both heads and the new metal chest piece with Superitron. I know that one was easy to just make a shelled metal cover and would appear that it would be full chest pieces on their own for Bruticon but I don't see it anymore difficult for them to include both. I hope anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  17. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Under Maintenance [-0%-]

News Credits:
    Makes me wish Zeta had a board rep so we could pick their brain. They do have a direct email, though, so it wouldn't hurt to ask for good measure.

Might shoot them a message later.

18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    That'll be the 'Perfect Edition' which will come next and end the milking of the moulds just in time for Raiden to start afresh.

Remember kids. Never buy any of Zeta's first 8 re-issues!

• Like Like x 8
  19. Dodgy Dan

Dodgy Dan Well-Known Member

Really weird question, but can anyone tell me if these metallic re-releases gel with other combines? I mean, I have v1 Kronos and armageddon with the matt finish (with v2 constructor and dx9 attila), and I was wondering if this shiny new Bruticon would stick out from the others?

20. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I’m the same way. Constructor v1 and Kronos v1, so I’ve wondered if the shiny paint clashes with their matte finishes. Either way, this newest version looks incredible, so a definite keeper.