ZetaToys Armageddon/Bruticon (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. Sqlwizard

Sqlwizard Well-Known Member

Get off the shelf.... 0125211133_HDR~2.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  2. SquishyOH

SquishyOH Votes MPG-07 = Mixmaster

That is an awesome Upgrade Thread. Thanks for pointing it out. Looks like you need to search for your own Unique Toys or MMC figures at this point to make the whole thing work. Lots of legwork, but your results are a big improvement to the niggly stuff on Zeta that I don't much care for. I like my Bruticus, but looking at a few photos it seems that not everyone installs Vortex's rotor blades because we think they look terrible hanging loose.

3. LuciferX10

LuciferX10 Well-Known Member

4. Namloc85

Namloc85 Member

Noob question but how do the back cannons tab in?

5. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

There's a few. Look for tabs on the gun and tabs on the back. Just gotta look for some that line up. It takes a minute but you'll feel dumb when you see it.

6. Namloc85

Namloc85 Member

Can confirm i feel dumb

• Like Like x 2
  7. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I didn't want to buy this, but it was nicely priced over at bbts for a while... finally got my loot pile delivered.

Brutikush demand to know the meaning of thish, Megatron!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like how the top of the head pops off for when they reprogrammed him... just wondering why it's on the toy head and not the toon head...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Namloc85

Namloc85 Member

My first purchases post childhood, both arrived in the last fortnight. So happy and i have more on the way :D 
    Now i just need to sort out a moducase or something similar.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  9. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Congrats! Those two are a great way to start the hobby! But say goodbye to your wallet!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hitokiri

Hitokiri Well-Known Member

I bought some heel stabilizers from Shapeways for Armageddon. Even though I felt the combined mode stands fairly well by itself I bought the stabilizers mostly out of curiosity and as a precaution. The product itself came in well and the plastic is what you'd expect out of a plastic 3D printer.

The stabilizers come in connected and you need to take snippers or scissors to take them apart. After that you insert the pegs of the stabilizers to the rockers on the feet with the flat oval part of the stabilizer on top with the oval part facing towards the back of Armageddon. I first install the piece with the legs detached but it turns out you have to put on the stabilizers with the legs on to make things work. It's easier to tilt the ankles giving you more space to work with the rockers and slip the stabilizers in the space between the rockers and the legs. This can be frustrating but not impossible.

After putting both of them on I was skeptical how well they worked or enhanced the stance of the bot. It did seem to stand taller but I thought it was my eyes. I didn't realize the difference until I put Armageddon back on my shelf then I realized I didn't have to lean it against the wall nor was it tipping back towards the wall as much as before. So yes, the stabilizers do seem to work and do make the bot stand taller but you'll still have to be careful since Armageddon is still very back heavy.

I was surprised overall. It works but doesn't get rid of the issue 100% but it's good enough. 7/10.

Here's the link to the heel stabilizers.

Heel stabilzer for Zeta Bruticon by echotransformer on Shapeways

20210208_132735.jpg 20210208_132739.jpg 20210208_132751.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to shorten the springs on the Combiner Hips? If so, how much did did you take off? I'm on my 3rd replacement hips for the first run of Armageddon and I'm getting tired of dealing with it.

12. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Thanks Hitokiri, nice to have another person testing the design...I have the same experience as you do with my Bruticon...it helps but doesn't completely solve the issue, I can see there is still a lot of play in the hips and knees. Also good tips for installing them, that's how I do it as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thighvastator

Thighvastator Well-Known Member

Big shiny boy arrived. I was a bit overwhelmed by the size of the box and the fact that they come packaged in robot mode while the instructions, with the exception of Onslaught, goes from robot to vehicle to combined mode. Still I managed to test all modes of each member and finally combined them. Decided not to put on Vortex's blades because I heard they are very hard if not impossible to remove once installed, just in case I have to pack these lads back into the box someday. Right off the bat the Bruticus feels a bit more stable than my weathered green Constructor which has a slight waist wobble for some reason, even though I have not put on the included double-sided tape on the feet. It really is helpful for these bigger combiners to have real partsforming feet. I am very pleased with the end result and I think the Combaticons will stay in Bruticus mode forever, because he makes a nice Bruticus shrine along with the Jinbao OSKO Warbotron dudes.

IMG_20210211_112712-01.jpeg

Some side notes:
    - the combiner pegs on the arms are nowhere near as difficult to manipulate compared to my Constructor.
    - transformation is not that intuitive but once you've tried the steps you immediately see what they were going for.
    - vehicle mode is very good and I was almost tempted to keep them in that mode but I bought this with the combiner in mind.
    - the most difficult part of the combination process is fitting Onslaught into the partsforming torso, but if you brute-force it a bit suddenly everything snaps into place which I think is rather amusing because it fits the character.

All in all I'd rate this set a solid 9/10 with only 1 point taken off due to how the left hand's articulation can be a bit limited because of Vortex's vehicle mode nose kibble getting in the way of the palm.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Hitokiri

Hitokiri Well-Known Member

No problem! Thanks for making such a product and it's sort of thing that keeps me energized as part of the Transformer community!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Christiano

Christiano Banned

Ebay:
    I've been getting closer to ordering this set, and in the next month, I think I'm going to. Still haven't found a side-by-side with the original and metallic versions though, which I'd like to compare.

But given the lower price on the metallic, I think my decision has been made for me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

...please forgive me but I’ve searched high and low to find an image of what is included in the Blitzkreig individual box...with no luck. I know it’s in here somewhere...anyways, are all of the combiner goodies (hands/feet/thighs-torso)included in the Blitzkreig box?
    Thanks in advance for any info... :) 

I did see the pics on the first page but didn’t want to assume anything...:oops: 

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  17. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    All the combiner kibble and base mode bits are included.

• Like Like x 1
  18. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Thanks much!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

For all the Zeta Armageddon first run owners, does the head just have a light up feature or is there a voice clips? I'm debating if I should buy some batteries or is it not worth it.

20. JBrock

JBrock Well-Known Member

Light and voice clips.

• Like Like x 1