ZetaToys Armageddon/Bruticon (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. Lester316

Lester316 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Mine arrived on Tuesday.

Also I mentioned I was going to combine it and take pics; not been too well but will do as soon as I'm feeling better.

2. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Mine finally shipped from TCP. I think they're a little overwhelmed. Hope everything is okay with them.

Also hoping this set isn't missing a bunch of pieces like my Superitron was...

3. Devastator03

Devastator03 Prepare for Extermination

How long ago did you order it?

4. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Which version are you waiting on? I got the Bruticon set recently and sadly had a couple issues (unlike my Superitron which is fine)- one shoulder joint on my Whirlblade/Vortex was assembled upside down and prevented transformation (fixed myself), and it is missing a small insert part that the combiner shoulder clamp/flap plugs into to hold the arm joint in. I believe someone else has had the same missing insert problem.

Waiting on part now...

5. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  6. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat. I messaged them a week ago. Brandon said there was a mix-up with with a packing list a bunch of their Zeta Brutici were stuck in LA longer than expected.

7. RondoCalrissian

RondoCalrissian Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the dimensions for the spring than holds the knee connections together? I'm pretty sure that will fix the problems on the original set.

8. Lester316

Twitter:
    So started putting my set together this evening. Spent a couple of hours on both leg bots and one arm. Took me a while to get the hang of some of the tabs - partly owing to how many, partly to some being a little tough because of paint layers.

So anyhow; Swindle and Blast Off look great in bot mod but the kibble does give them a slightly boxy look. Both look great as vehicles - the Hummer mode is impressive.

Brawl looks great; I'm a fan of both modes. Got him into leg mode but can't make the treads work how the instruction and videos suggested for it so did it how I could.

My biggest problem so far is Blast Off's arm mode; the arm ratchet seems almost impossible to move out of the shuttle body. Anyone have tips on that? Added a pic to help it make sense. IMG20200822232427.jpg

Going to finish up tomorrow (assuming I can move the arm ratchets). So here is the bot so far... IMG20200822232410.jpg Any tips on putting the whole bot together would be handy.

So more news...

Managed to put the bulk of Bruticon together today. Blitzkrieg (Onslaught) has some awful tabs (could be paint layers but it seems in general many tabs sections are too thick for where they tab in). Not got around to the left arm - Whirlblade (Vortex) - yet as I have encountered a large problem and I'm not going to pin all the rotor blades together if I have to send it all back.

So the major problem...

The right arm - Take Off (Blast Off) - has a backwards elbow joint. IMG20200823165703.jpg IMG20200823165634.jpg

Sadly this means his arm faces towards his back when you bend the elbow rather than towards the front. Hopefully that makes sense but I've added pictures.

It's not a transformation issue as there is simply no way to configure the right arm without the elbow joint being the inside (incorrect) of the arm and not the outside.

Emailed TFS Express to see what the solution is; it's certainly not a fix I can attempt and will require a replacement arm robot as far as I can see.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    Pretty sure you turn the waist. It's been ages since I did mine, but it seems that the bottom part of Blast Off seems back to front (your outside is my inside).
    15982013854604963920464988027733.jpg

Edit: maybe not. Can't really tell for sure:oops: 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lester316

Twitter:
    I'll have another look at it. The joint appeared to be above where I could rotate though. Maybe if I go back to bot mode and have a second look I'll see if I missed something.

Thanks for the advice!

So there are two places you can rotate sections of the arm and I couldn't see the wood for the trees having looked at it over and over.

The forums here are a much needed second pair of eyes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
  12. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

I saw that too. I was pretty close to doing the same. Metallic Superitron seems to be in a similar situation though. I don't even know what to do.

13. Lester316

Twitter:
    Finally got the big guy put together.

Very impressed looks great (awful photography aside). Here he is with a couple of well known bots for size comparison.. IMG20200825192249.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cjracer

Cjracer Well-Known Member

Niceeeeeee, I imagine pictures don't really do him justice anyways. I decided to preorder him I'm digging the metallic look.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

I GOTS HIM!

Transformation sucks, but he looks amazing in combined mode. And unlike Superitron, there are no paint issues or missing pieces.

I left the propeller blades off. Just too messy looking imo.

IMG_20200825_163233~2.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  16. Virtual Venom

Virtual Venom Well-Known Member

Anyone have any mods or advice to make the propellor on vortex 4 blades instead of 5? Other than painting the eyes on mine that is the only other thing I’d change.

17. solarstorm

solarstorm Well-Known Member

Mine had a smear of missing paint on the toy-ish tech detail chest plate for onslaught. Its a diff color than everything around it, but still painted like one layer rubbed off but the lower layer didn't.

I display onslaught with the smooth toon chest because of this. No paint issues on that side

18. Lester316

Twitter:
    It really is one of the most impressive things I've bought so far and the metallic finish is wonderful. It was hard work though; rewarding in its way but I won't be changing him back and forth.

Despite my awful picture taking I think looking again that seeing him up against Fans Hobby's version of Thunderclash (with his awesome gold paint) is actually a good comparison. I did it mainly for a size reference but I think the quality of finish on both paint wise is comparable.

19. Lester316

Twitter:

The helicopter rotor has 6 blades. Once you get them all on they look fine too. You need a pair of pliers to apply pressure though and to be brave; a couple of times I was worried the pin might crack the plastic but it was fine.

20. 4249david

4249david Autobot's chief customs agent, apparently...

Ebay:
    You can always manoeuvre two of the blades to sit close to their neighbouring blade. You get a thicker look but if you put them both together they will weigh it so they're at the bottom (and you lose the thickness amongst the bot). Alternatively you have them at the poles so it balances out.

Not 100%, but options...