ZetaToys Armageddon/Bruticon (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Seriously? The moment you get a replacement ready to go it hits your local area? That's freaky...

I posted in the XTB Aegis thread that I need to learn to delay posting anything about delivery for at least 24hrs because inevitably as soon as I do it suddenly appears. Happened a couple of times to me, including with Aegis but only within normal delivery time windows. Your version of this phenomenon is a whole new level of weird!

2. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    LOFL! Well Showz was not quite at that point yet. He stated if at the 45th day (next Monday) it was a no show he would replace it. And lo and behold, the status changed to leaving Dallas. So cool. It's been a bit of a wait, but I am glad it is en route.:D :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

I just picked up my Bruticon from the post office today. Guess that's what I'll be playing around with tomorrow with the football games in the background.

Wonder how many hours its going to take to get around to getting them into combined mode?

• Like Like x 3
  4. CapnMagic

CapnMagic Active Member

Just got Bruticon; I think he’s terrific. Really happy overall.

I want to mess around with Brawl and see if I can make him a little more together in leg mode. I’d like to remove him from the combiner form, but for the life of me I can’t figure out how. Is there an official or preferred way to remove a leg limb from this bad boy? I just don’t want to break anything!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    For Brawl you have to separate the arms from both sides of the torso and slide the torso to the side that gives on the spring loaded hooks. It's been a while so I don't know if it gives to the left or right, just take your time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CapnMagic

CapnMagic Active Member

I’ll give it a shot, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

DSC02843 (1).jpeg

Took me pretty much the entire Seahawks game to get Bruticon together. Looks decent on the big boys shelf.

Maybe I was too excited and had set too high an expectation, but am a bit dissapointed. It's not as sturdy as I thought it was going to be. Could just be with my copy... balance is very fiddly (even with adjusting the hips forwards or back. Joints are decent, but Swindle feels like he's going to untab all the time.

I thought I was going to be able to get better poses out of him, but have given up for today. Still have to put a Decepticon symbol on him at some point, so will try posing again when that happens.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Holy shit, dude
    I just bought a second Blitzkrieg to be my robot mode Onslaught (didn't like MMC's super long torso, weird legs, and generally toyline aesthetics), so I will swap out the foot and try to reorient the ratchet on the disassembled one in my spare time. I'll let you know how it turns out.

9. Adam Kakal

Adam Kakal Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been asked before but which shockwave figure looks best for Zeta's bruticus to hold in his hand ?

10. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    KO Bridgwatcher is about the right scale. But the tab on the legs, which becomes the handle, gets in the way of holding it. It's a balancing act and could benefit from behind shaved off. I haven't done it though

Low quality photo as it's zoomed in. But hopefully you get the idea
    20191202_190613.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  11. Adam Kakal

Adam Kakal Well-Known Member

Thanks, will check it out.

12. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that the Pocket Toys 1:1 KO or the Mech Fans Toys OS KO?

13. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Mech Fans Toys OS KO. If it was the original, it might fit better in the hands but would probably look too small. Bots and Bits did a video of these two Shockwaves and had them in a Zeta arm with the fist. Towards the end of the videos I think. If you can find that vid, you can see the scale of the original

14. 4249david

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cheers, I'll try to source that video.

I genuinely put MP29+ weapon (of itself) in his hand for shits and giggles, and it's one of those times that you get the idea but it doesn't quite make sense (it's so tiny).

Been debating whether to look at what's out there that'd cover that particular itch, so this points me in the right direction

15. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to like MMC's more but man, this one looks like a true brut!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jakedc1997

Jakedc1997 Well-Known Member

Got mine on Blackfriday from tfsource. So happy I did, my wallet isn't but hey I finally have a Bruticus I actually like.

• Like Like x 1
  17. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Finally got around to replacing my Jinbao Warbotron KO with this guy-- and boy, what a difference. The stock eyes were poorly done (in my opinion) as they were very dim and they only flash with a voice chip, rather than staying lit. I replaced the entire assembly with a pair of SMD5050 eyes and also a 5mm pink LED in its gun for good measure. Lastly, I cleaned up the arm kibble of the Vortex arm and gave him his proper 4-blade toon look. Overall, I am super happy with this set and can't wait for the v2 boxset of Superion to replace the cheap KO shelf-warmer I have!

DSC06615 (Large).JPG DSC06618 (Large).JPG DSC06620 (Large).JPG DSC06622 (Large).JPG DSC06624 (Large).JPG DSC06625 (Large).JPG DSC06628 (Large).JPG

• Like Like x 21
  18. DinobotSludge

DinobotSludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has anyone on the boards tried to make a fitted T shaped filler part for the Brawl figures back of the shin when in combined mode yet? As I find that to be the ugliest part on this set.

19. davidsix

davidsix Well-Known Member

Vortex does look nice and clean now with the arm kibble cleaned up, how did you get only the 4 blades on?, did you have to custom it to make it work with 4 blades?

• Like Like x 1
  20. songrobin

songrobin Pastor

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yes it's a custom, but it can be done by anyone with a dremel, drill, and some pins/nails/screws. Each blade is tightly snug-fit onto its pin holding it in place, but they are still removable. Hope these images explain it.

DSC06636 (Large).JPG DSC06637 (Large).JPG DSC06638 (Large).JPG DSC06639 (Large).JPG DSC06640 (Large).JPG DSC06641 (Large).JPG

• Like Like x 6