ZetaToys Armageddon/Bruticon (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. 4249david

4249david Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Check my message further up, @TigerBlade explained it was his early attempt

Screenshot_20190709-151047_Email.jpg

Decision time...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2019
  2. h1gg1n5

h1gg1n5 Well-Known Member

I was unaware that this could be turned around. I think it looks better this way too. Gonna have to try it next time I take him down from the shelf.

Thanks!

3. mrfan5

mrfan5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn I have the original now not sure if I should cave for this new boxset. Which one are you guys preferring and you think it's worth double dipping?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Deshawn

Deshawn Decepticon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Custom

IMG_20190702_195937~2.jpg IMG_20190702_202302~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DinobotSludge

DinobotSludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who made this chest mod that fits the wings like this? As this is exactly what I would like to have on my Bruticon. PLEASE!!! Anyone with info please PM me. Thanks.

6. 4249david

Ebay:
    As I said earlier, it was something @TigerBlade did before settling on full 3D printing. Go back to the original posting of this pic and follow the posts afterwards, you'll see me ask about it and his reply

7. DinobotSludge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I PM'd Tigerblade to see if I can get more info about it. As I would LOVE to find out what parts were used to make this. I can see the middle part is a print; and I do have one coming; but I would love to replicate this look specifically.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 4249david

Ebay:
    Cool. His earlier reply suggests he used the base of Blast Off, the UT version, but you'll probably get a good idea of the intricacies via you PM. Good luck with it

9. DinobotSludge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So the bottom one with the shuttle wings on the side of the chest and the shapeways style printed middle bit is the wings of the UT Blastoff?

10. 4249david

Ebay:
    From the way I interpreted @TigerBlade 's comment, yeah, but I might be wrong. @TigerBlade has a Zeta Onslaught/UT Limbs/custom adapter setup going on

11. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    That's all Zeta. Blast Off is painted to be more cartoon accurate. No UT parts on my set at all. The tell tale is the orientation of Blast Off, UT got it the wrong way around imo.

Once I've finished my Zeta Superion cartoon set orders I've got a pack planned for the new Bruticus too but I just need to print something for Swindle first that should sort him out in every way as a leg. Should finish the new version off just nicely when done. Will work with the old version too but won't look as accurate with the blue thighs and abs.

12. 4249david

Ebay:
    My bad:oops: 

Interested to know what you're knocking up for the new Bruticon, what's included and how much it'd cost (and ship to the UK :confused: )

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  13. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    I'm in the UK too so that won't break the bank!

I'm hoping to have final proto for the new set by early next week and then I can figure out a price.

14. 4249david

Ebay:
    That makes a change! I've genuinely just been looking at perhaps paying £68 for UT Blast Off just to steal the chest plate :lolol . To me, the new Bruticon set, once you turn round Swindle, is only missing the chest plate. I can live with Vortex looking slightly different (i.e. the flaps that fold up near the head of Bruticus). That's why I think Zeta missed a trick with this set. Unless there's a nice surprise waiting in the box ;) 

I think if I can be sure of a chest plate alternative (though I'm rely trying to love the current one), in colours that match the new Bruticon set colours, then I'm likely picking up my pre-order invoice cost...

15. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can I ask, is that the replacement Zeta head on your custom? It looks better than either Zeta's or UT's previous head efforts. I assume it's the same head they're shipping with the toon set?

16. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

I already have the original Zeta bruticus, but I'm very tempted to get this new Bruticon. Push me one way
    same here. I think it's worth double dipping. It's only the chest plate that's preventing me from getting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You may not have all the Zeta limbs but how stable is the Zeta UT mix? Are the combiner joins stable? Just prefer the UT limbs over Zetas. For example, I know the Swindle knee connector is pretty bad.

Thanks!

18. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have Zeta's Onslaught for the torso, I use the Zeta hips/thighs, the Zeta feet and Zeta Hands and head. The limbs are UT's. I skipped the Zeta limbs and the UT torso.
    The upgrade set uses 3D printed parts to connect the arms to the torso at the shoulder, the hands at the wrist, the calves at the knee and the feet at the ankle. The legs are still using the Zeta joint for knee bend, but has a new piece to connect Swindle (and Brawl) to the "pants". The joint is pretty solid and is actually a bit of a pain in the neck to clip together because it holds so well. Likewise with the new ankle and wrist joints. The new shoulder uses a sort-of friction joint piece - it's a round cylinder that slots into the Zeta torso, but there are corrugations on the cylinder that form a bit of pseudo-ratchet. I was skeptical at first but it's solid and allows the arms to pose pretty well.

There's a video from the designer on YouTube that shows the parts and assembly to give you an idea how it works:

a stability video here:

and the product thread is here:
    Zeta Toys Onslaught with Unique Toys Upgrade Kit plus G1 Chest

I'm very happy with it all. The printing is a little rough but nothing some sandpaper, filler and paint can't fix. The one caveat I would add is that because 3D printed pieces can be more brittle than injection moulded plastic, be slow and steady when assembling, be careful forcing parts and be prepared to file and sand to improve fit in places. And finally, I personally won't be assembling and disassembling this set too often, just to avoid potential breakages in the 3D printed pieces. Nothing has broken and nothing seems fragile enough to be a problem, I just prefer to be cautious.
    I have no connection, attachment or stake in the set, it's fully the work of @ramsesiden. I'm just a happy customer.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

Just too good to pass up. I'm in. Bruticon will look good beside his older Zeta twin brother.

20. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    It's the second cartoon release that came seperately. I assume it'll be with the new set.