ZetaToys Armageddon/Bruticon (Combaticons/Bruticus)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by teron, May 2, 2016.

1. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

With everyone saying "I'll wait for version 2 boxset".... there isn't going to be a V2 boxset of this.

Devestator is the most popular gestalt as he is season 1. He warrants a V2.

I think they will make a G2 paint scheme and that's it.

Maybe they should release G2 paint scheme first. I'm a limited test run. Have that set have all the issues. Then release the G1 version with all the fixes problems. That would be perfect.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Well if anything, there might be a few "first edition" figures going out early, like with Requiem and Primorion, and if issues come up they'll be addressed in the main release. (Although I have no idea where "fingers falling off Primorion" is coming from, I have yet to read that from any people that own the first edition...myself included). Also, the likelihood of a box set right now is very little. The figures will be seeing individual releases, like the V1 and G2 versions of Constructor.

Now, normally I'm a Rah-Rah Toon guy, but if they can get the colors on this close to this, I'll be completely satisfied.

Bruticusg1guido.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  3. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

sounds good enough to me :D  at least there will be answers eventually

but this guy seems like quite in pre-production already :D 

4. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Constructor was their first combiner at this scale. I'd assume they learned from the improvements they made with V2 constructor.

This isn't made by TT and isn't part of the masterpiece line. There are plenty of 3P efforts that are MP scaled that don't line up with TT's look. And plenty of people who prefer a non-toon look.

• Like Like x 3
  5. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Exactly what everyone thought about Constructor, and then they made one with all the nitpicks addressed, better build quality, additional display options and a way way lower price. The only way that isn't happening again is if this set is absolutely perfect out of the box day one with every individual release.

• Like Like x 1
  6. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    I would LOVE a WWII version! Same for Superion. I'd also love to see a muscle car version of Menasor...Charger, Cuda, Boss Mustang, GTO!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

Looks so good, very tempting...

If they release a Snow Ruination version, I will HAVE to bite.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Those would all be amazing!

9. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

At first I was like "yeah", but then after a little more thought, I'm not as yeah as I was initially.

Overall, it doesn't seem either very G1 toy, toon or SOX.

Now, I have my preferences, but above all I like the design to have a clear direction, whatever that direction is, and even if it's not my preferred one.

I'm not asking for slavish adherence to any one particular design direction either, as IMO the best MP-type toys have drawn elements from multiple source materials, but I don't like stuff that just ... doesn't make sense, or pops up from nowhere. Like, this whole Vortex alt mode changing from a Seasprite to whatever the heck that oversized Blackout helicopter is.

I'm strongly of the wait-and-see persuasion for now - I'd like better and more pics of gestalt and individual bots and alts before I firm up my view.

I'm also quite sure that we will in time get another 3P iteration of the (G1) Combaticons and I'm sticking with my "don't buy any placeholders and don't buy till I'm sure I'll be happy" guideline.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Funkmasterke

Funkmasterke Custom Title:

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more. This was the exact issue I had with TW's Constructor and Primorion.

11. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, the only way a V2 box set is happening is if the V1 sells out. To put it bluntly, TW will NOT make a second version of this while the V1 is still sitting on the shelf. They MAY (probably won't, but may) do a version in G2 colour but even that is highly unlikely unless V1 sells out. And at this stage we have absolutely no idea whether or not this will be popular enough to sell out and warrant a V2 . Simple business sense really.

12. Jeriboy54

Jeriboy54 Well-Known Member

I'm more than confident that it would sell out. It's the first Bruticus at that scale. Closet thing is ko warbotron but plenty of people don't like supporting ko. I'm perfectly fine with my Warbotron, although I'm interested to see how this turns out. I'm one of those v2 people. If the reviews are good I may breakdown and buy them.

13. OrangeDraft

OrangeDraft Just another humble servant of Unicorn

I will wait for G2 Colors or Ruination remold, who knows what kind of improvement that they will make along the way? :) 

14. Olfio

Olfio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think that TW has chosen a Humvee alt mode for Swindle because a jeep could seem too small compared to a tank, a Humvee decreases this difference, and the proportion between Swindle and Brawl is more appropriated by this way. I know that TW doesn't follow the MP scale as well, but a Jeep has more or less the same dimension of a regular car.

15. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I think what hurts the early adopters is that the box set is both improved AND cheaper (you can usually anticipate one or the other being true) AND that the v1 gestalt was purposely made non-toon accurate to create a market space for the eventual box set ...

All that being said, I purchased v1 Devy bc I needed some type of Constructicon MP placeholder to stake out display space in my new home ... I dropped the ball on the three closets (thought surely I would be safe w/3 avail) and now I dress out of a dresser plus coat rack ... so TW you helped me even as you screwed me lol

16. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    Actually, no. There was no plan on a toon version until EVERYONE screamed for it. I know, I spent months translating message after message after message until they relented.

• Like Like x 4
  17. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Then why are they releasing yet again another stylised combiner and want to wait until everyone screams again before they go toon, you'd have thought they would have learnt by now? Can't they just go toon right from the get go?

:rolleyes2 

• Like Like x 4
  18. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    #fanart :rolleyes: 

19. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quick toon and toy by Andrea Zorzetto of Transformers Italia ;) 

16265712_10212245236350820_5177620416920665767_n.jpg 16114829_10212245317392846_2976811890906080525_n.jpg

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 14
  20. HolyCulture

HolyCulture Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely a hero in my books. I look forward to being able to put the right head on my Constructor in the future and you're a huge part of that. Thanks.

Now then. 60 bucks for proper heads for the individual bots. Who's with me???

• Like Like x 4