Zeta wants to know.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Blaque_Ravage, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

So the good news first Zeta is indeed planning to create more combiners they are working on some designs. Thats pretty exciting to know and they will be "soon" posting the news or info on there weibo. :buttrock 

Now for the part that "Zeta wants to know" with these new upcoming combiners they are working on, sounds like they are maybe working on more than one combiner?:D  They have to increase there price in order to help fund there projects.

So! There target percentage price increase 30% in china, while overseas 20-25%, Im guessing that means instead of the average price of $65.99 it will be $85.99? I maybe off in the math but if so personally sounds good for more Zeta combiners. Its still under what most other company prices are....

What do you guys think?;) 

• Like Like x 10
  2. Blaque_Ravage

By the way ill be passing the info to Zeta, so they can know what you guys think.

• Like Like x 3
  3. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

I personally love what Zeta has been doing. I expected a price hike. I don’t mind it. But I want them to do TWO sets of heads, Toy and Toon

• Like Like x 13
  4. fujikuro

fujikuro Well-Known Member

I would say it depends entirely on what we're getting for the money. Are these larger toys? More complex? Added die-cast?

• Like Like x 1
  5. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Given their track record, if they're as good as Superion a price hike is OK. If wobbly like Bruticus then I'm not so keen. That being said, what made Zeta so attractive was the price, it's also what makes X-Transbots Stunticons so appealing also.

If they really had to raise it by 30% it would have to be for a combiner that's not been done before at the 55cm scale. I mean why would anyone pay more for another Devastator or Menasor for example. I wouldn't.

I for one would love for them to keep their prices the same but accept they may need to raise prices as they don't have economies like X-Transbots / KFC (to price lower) and they're starting from scratch (as opposed to being under Toyworld where there might have been some economies there also). At 30% though I'd have to think long and hard if I'm down for another combiner as across 6 figures that's a lot.

Are they working on single figures? A decent figure, say maybe Perceptor for example as there's only 1 Mp option, pulled off well and at a reasonable price could also help with funding.

• Like Like x 4
  6. hayabusa

hayabusa Skyfire

Give us good quality stuff n u got my money

• Like Like x 5
  7. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as the next combiner is MP Protectobots I’m good with the price increase. :D .

• Like Like x 17
  8. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Defensor, Compturon, Abominus, Piranacon OR do any or all the Japanese combiners. No clear plastic BS like TW's Devastator and the option for both toon and toy colors/heads/etc.

You got this so long as the final product isn't riddled with QC issues, both initial and reissue releases :D 

• Like Like x 6
  9. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Following proto

From the sounds of it, Zeta stuff is sturdy enough. I think they need to work on their face sculpts if they're going to up the prices.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Captain Planet

Captain Planet Well-Known Member

I'm out at that price. If that increase in price came with better designs and transformations on the individual bots, then I would be okay with it but I have no interest in paying $85 for lazy, panel transformations and blocky robot modes.

The only reason I buy Zeta is because of the combined mode and that's okay at the current price. If I pay more, I need to like the individual bots and alt modes as well.

• Like Like x 17
  11. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Pepperidge Farm remembers TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That.
    But also this:

• Like Like x 3
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. No price increase. They're pretty good, not great, as-is. They're "fine" for the price. A price increase needs to be worth it, but when you start getting into the worth it territory, the prices rise accordingly and then you're no better than the others.

One of the best selling points was the price. Why give you more when we could go ahead and give that higher price to someone else doing the same or better?

• Like Like x 5
  13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They'd be judge more harshly with the higher price - the quirks can be some what overlooked due to the bang for your buck calculation.

The stunticon analogy is a good one of the KFC ones were not cheap i'd just be buying the DX9 ones instead. And i'm still tempted to do that anyway. they be directly competing with things like Wei Jiang and Black Mamba's larger offerings at that price.

Now that said if the combiners they choose are ones that interest me then - yeah I'd be fine with that - if its the same ofd usual suspects again less soo. Whoever makes Raiden first gets my money. I'd strongly consider a bigger JRX too.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Blaque_Ravage

Good idea and I will let them know.

Good questions, I dont know myself what materials being used or are they going to be complex, Im going to ask. I believe the same Zeta MP scale.

I believe it will be on Superion level or better seems like they are improving there designs, and it wont be on Bruticus instability level,still a good combiner but they are aware of the flaws with him.

And I agree, I hope its not another Devy, or Menasor I dont know what they are but I hope its a new MP combiner like Defensor,Raiden,Abominus etc...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    I think that I want Zeta to release more Legends scale accessories like the bar and Decepticon throne. Literally the only thing by them I am interested in.

16. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I agree that better price should = better QC in theory, but it's not like the more expensive combiners haven't had their issues. I'm not sure there's been any combiner set where people haven't complained about something, and even with individual stand-alone figures, a previously indefatigable company like FT is no longer producing anything close to unanimously well-received bots, so it's not like anyone's trusting them to nail combiners on the first try.

I'd like Zeta to tackle 55 cm Predaking and Defensor, in that order, and after that I sincerely hope they take the creative plunge with Raiden before venturing down the Abominus/Computron/Piranacon road.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought their Aerialbots specifically because they were $60 each. I think they are great masterpiece representations and I love the accurate alt modes (or as accurate as they could be with the whole boxed up robot under a plane thing). I thought $140 for Silverbolt plus the combiner torso was generous - I'd have been willing to go as high as $180 for it. But that's as high as I'd be willing to go, so I guess $420 total. I wouldn't buy the limb bots for more than $60 and I wouldn't buy the torso bot for more than $180. I'm not one of these collectors who needs everything to be "premium." These are toys to me. Nice toys that are better than anything that was available to me as a kid, but toys all the same. Zeta quality and price is exactly what I want for my collection. I might be willing to bear a slight increase on the limb bots - say maybe $70 instead of $60 but any more than that and I'd be out.

Having said all that, I'm not really their target market. I'm a selective collector, not a completionist and I'm not looking to add any more combiners to my collection - Devastator, Superion, and Menasor are all I want, so I suppose they can ignore what I would pay.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I am one the many who feel the cheaper price was zeta's main appeal. But I can accept a small price hike if for example Zeta takes a risk for it in terms of no Devastator or Predaking (unless they exist out of all deluxe class bots, which I know they're not gonna do anyway) or Menasor.
    If they need to charge more then I hope they will make up for that by producing the less obvious combiners first, so people can have an MP Computron, Defensor, Piranacon, Monstructor, Raiden, Liokaiser...

I don't really have any complaints about the build, materials or transformation. Altough obviously the Aerialbots feel much lighter and thinner than ordinary MP products. I sure as hell ain't asking to stuff their next combiner with diecast either.
    But I do feel they should do something to justify the price hike.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Kung Fu Roo

Kung Fu Roo Well-Known Member

if Zeta wants to make some quick cash.

KO, i mean modify Fanstoy FT-10... 100 dollar bills all day long.

If they want to make further easy money. Voyager MP Seekers.

If they want even more easy money.. start a betatoys as a shadow subsidiary and KO gigapower dinobots and sell those for 75 all day.. note: please dont make another grimlock, just focus on the other dinobots first.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ReximusPrimal07

ReximusPrimal07 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Make predaking and I’ll pay 500$ per limb

• Like Like x 2