Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. SlenderSphere

SlenderSphere local cryptid

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pumpkin has extra paint and molding on the back of planet mode for an extra circle! Fun.

FADE7EB1-0B68-4940-B46B-881BF66C2C76.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  2. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It’s Halloween my dude, you can’t just ignore the seasonal call of the Pumpkin variant on this, the second day of Autumn!

• Like Like x 3
  3. arobichaud

arobichaud Well-Known Member

I got scammed on eBay for the original cell. I really like the original color scheme. I was so frustrated and said screw it and ordered pumpkin. Honesty, after having it for a month I’m used to it and really like it. I think cell has been around and we are so used to seeing that color scheme (washed out blue and orange) it’s hard to see it any other way. I’m pleased with pumpkin in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. extracomputer

extracomputer Well-Known Member

Personally I think the best one would be the orange of pumpkin with the blue of cell (more of a metallic blue though).
    Went with pumpkin though. Looks great. Two weeks and 2 days from showz to US.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    Go for the pumpkin, man. All the cool kids have it. Chicks find that large orange ball irresistible, it’s a slam dunk. If you don’t do it for yourself, do it for America.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I may have some custom issues with it either having to pay $60 up front or pay a ransom on it - also if they send it in a non-plain box then customs might be sneaky and try to charge a different amount to whatever Show-Z marks it as.

Though maybe I could order more and they might put the box in a box, but if it's to heavy it might crush the rest of the box contents. It's the same sort of issue that puts me off buying Lewin stuff.

Maybe I'll write to Omega Lock and ask if they can restock - it's certainly a whole lot less hassle that way.

7. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Mdscnsckmdck

I think if you have to be convinced to get pumpkin then you know what the correct one is for you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dpuff

Dpuff Go-Bots are better

News Credits:
    I know. Damn you and your logic;) 
    Its the price even tho neither bother me. My "sensible" side keeps sayin "but man pumpkin is 100 bucks cheaper and looks pretty good too"......nerd world problems

• Like Like x 2
  9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine was packed in a regular brown box, lined with bubble wrap (copious amounts) and sealed with Show.Z tape. No outward signs of what's inside.

Show.Z always uses a plain outer shipping box. Not sure why you were given the impression they send it in a fancy box or the item's original box but it's simply not true.

10. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You'd be surprised - I've seen plenty of people slap a shipping label on a toy that comes in a brown box - they don't do it as much with one with images on them but even that isn't unheard off (amazon I am looking at you).

Anyway Like I said I'll ask Omega Lock if they can get any more 1st before I take the bite off the 2021 UK customs lottery.

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get that but I'm telling you, repeatedly, that Show.Z doesn't ship them that way. I get that you're concerned because of the expense and potential damage to the item itself, but it's like you're ignoring what I'm saying just to continue making a point that doesn't have anything to do with the exact thing we're discussing.

Go with whoever you want but most people would just say "thank you for the info but I think I'll see about Omega Lock. Thanks anyway!" at the very least.

And before you come back with a retort... We weren't talking about Amazon, we're talking about Show.Z specifically and I made it very clear that they brown box it. (You can even see an example of how they pack on their website.) When you responded as you have it's like you're giving the impression I'm somehow lying to you or misinformed, even though I'm not lying or misinformed. Put yourself in my shoes for a moment, you'd feel the same way. It's kind of rude.

Also, they have to brown box it, he comes in two pieces. The body and maw/stand pieces in one box, the head and wings in another. It's cheaper for them to put both of them in one shipping container than it is to ship them separately with stickers slapped all over them since they're footing the bill for shipping.

• Like Like x 1
  12. fraenhawk

fraenhawk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can attest to that as well. I just got my Pumpkin in from Show.Z this week. Each box (body and head) were individually bagged, then placed inside a Show.Z Store branded brown box, then they put corner protectors on the brown box (I mean, over-protect much! :D ) and then wrapped that brown box in two layers of bubble wrap and then their Show.Z Store branded tape covering every square inch of the packaging (so couldn't even see the brown box). Extra protected. Ordered on 8/29 and showed up 9/22.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Dude even did the scale calculations for how big Haslab Unicron would have to be in-order to go by the holy scale charts for CHUG (with Studio Cell as a substitute).
    Screenshotter--YouTube-StopMotionReview128-01StudioCellNotUnicron-29’58”.png Screenshotter--YouTube-StopMotionReview128-01StudioCellNotUnicron-29’59”.png

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
  14. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

Just said F-IT and ordered Pumpkin off of Chosen Prime. My first order with them in more than a year. My TF86 Movie display needs a Unicorn and I know I'll never get the Haslab for a decent price so F-IT.

15. blastoff2334

blastoff2334 Figure Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I have been looking into this figure for so long, I felt like haslab unicron was just a huge letdown and if ur happy with the figure then good, but personally this unicron I really am gonna use as mine , I love the core star and I think I may get pumpkin, although idk what he is inspired from, I do like the colors though

16. Blingotron

Blingotron Well-Known Member

The Pumpkin version is the same coloring as the Takara 2010 Universal Dominator version of Unicron.
    s-l1600.jpg

This video talks about it just case you want to see it.

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

wow thats a amazing review of it might look at the other stuff they have uploaded

18. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The repaint I want but I know I'll never get.
    69542287_694303517700820_5051679068278226944_n.png 70168745_694303641034141_8261492459985436672_n.png

• Like Like x 11
  19. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto #1 Meshuggah Fan

News Credits:
  20. Multra Agnus

Multra Agnus Well-Known Member

Hey everyone. I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on this guy. Anyone have a TLDR on the possible QC issues for this guy? Anything I should be worried about? I don’t plan on transforming it