Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I need a bigger pumpkin.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thighvastator

Thighvastator Well-Known Member

I would be glad to have Pumpkin, but to me Cell looks...cleaner? Probably because Pumpkin has more aggressive contrast and Cell has a generally softer color tone. Maybe I can arrange a spot to display Pumpkin in planet mode.

IMG_20210719_082727-01.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  3. MV Steve

MV Steve Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Ship notice from ShowZ this morning, the great pumpkin is on his way!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Smartbill

Smartbill Active Member

Same, the struggle is real! haha

• Like Like x 1
  5. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I love the colors of both but the only thing bugging me which will be a quick fix is the colors of the head on pumpkin. Too much dark gray blurring and washing together where cell has the skirting of the helmet and his brow different colors. Not sure why they didnt go for the same effect with different colors.

• Like Like x 2
  6. SlenderSphere

SlenderSphere local cryptid

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Same here! Can't wait for it to show up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vancelle

Vancelle Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    This is gonna be my first Unicron, I missed out on Cell, so I'm really excited for Pumpkin! Now just need them accessories to make em look even better!

8. RollerBladeZ

RollerBladeZ Well-Known Member

At $600, the Haslab Unicron was more than I wanted to spend. Now in the aftermarket going for $1200-1500 or more, safe to say that's never gonna happen

Found out about Cell a little late and at $400 and hearing horror stories I held off

But with Pumpkin at $300, being in a color scheme I really like, looking great in both modes at a manageable size, and watching a bunch of video reviews, he doesn't seem as bad as I initially thought.

I think I'm gonna have to go for it as the definitive Chaos Bringer for my collection. Certainly the most "affordable" option

• Like Like x 3
  9. Okicyurnatp

Okicyurnatp Banned

I can answer that for you if you like ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  10. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

and the Haslab one is.... kinda meh, massive amount if kibble hanging off every part of him, rubber ring straps which will unlikely survive long term, hollow hands and well frankly speaking its too big for many to display. This mold is genius, Takara should have bought the design off Studio_01 and issued it as a Masterpiece figure imo

• Like Like x 3
  11. RollerBladeZ

RollerBladeZ Well-Known Member

Sounds good, just put my order in. I'm excited to get my Pumpkin! lol. Will be the first Unicron I've ever had in my collection

• Like Like x 3
  12. Touma Callum

Touma Callum Well-Known Member

I'm honestly tempted to get Pumpkin at XMAS as a stand in until I can win the lottery and get Haslab Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mcguffin spark

mcguffin spark Well-Known Member

It’ll arrive in almost bot mode in the packaging. Once you switch and swivel it completely to bot mode you’ll be like ‘Holy shit!’

Then if you transform it to planet mode, even though it’s not the one to beat, taking it from bot to planet will have you in awe! And you’ll appreciate bot mode even more. It’s a marvel of engineering.

• Like Like x 5
  14. MV Steve

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Too bad the Haslab version is so expensive because it's the type of figure you get as a stand in til you get the better well engineered cell/pumpkin. Haslab really made a piece of junk. With how big it is, why couldn't they have managed at least half of what cell/pumpkin does. Instead there is a quarter ton of shit hanging from the legs and three quarter ton of shit hanging from the back, horrible! Overall it just doesn't look good! I know oversize bots are not for everyone but as I said before I would love the cell/pumpkin design in the Haslab size or bigger just because he's a planet!!!

• Like Like x 4
  15. GodParticle

GodParticle Well-Known Member

The haslab is cool for its size and all, but that kibble is terrible. That and it looks like it can barely stand without a...stand

• Like Like x 5
  16. Happysmp

Happysmp Well-Known Member

So much hate for haslab :) 
    I jumped on the crowdfunding as soon as I heard about it. The kibble certainly bothered me, but I overlooked it because there was so much more that was exciting about it. Then the waiting game... up until about last Christmas when I started to really hate all that kibble. Zeta just looked so good in robot mode (and terrible in my opinion for planet mode with the original rings). So the solution was, Haslab in planet mode and Zeta in robot mode...so I went ahead and bought a v2 "merry Christmas" studio cell in original colours.

When Zeta arrived it was awesome. Comes out of the box in robot mode. Put some stuff together and right into the display. Then haslab arrived and wow. I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much I did but you have to give credit where it's due. It's big and it's awesome. But I soon realized there was no where to display his planet mode as it was too large. So plan B. Haslab in robot mode and Zeta in planet mode (with the upgraded rings).

I'm happy with both. Never planned on transforming these things but had to to get them into my display.
    Haslab is a beautifully sculpted piece. Yes it has the kibble, but after people started taking it off and using the shell to form a planet. It's a two for one. Even with the kibble, I started to find that it added to the figure. Sounds nuts, but the kibble contributes to its presence and size and doesn't bother me in the slightest. What did was the blue teeth that I painted.

Zeta's engineering definitely wins. Didn't plan on transforming it but when I did, it's amazing this thing can transform into an almost perfect sphere. And with the upgraded rings, it's perfect in planet mode and looks way better in robot mode too.

There's my two cents which has probably been said before. Neither is a stand-in. Both of these are awesome!

18A8B06D-F343-4FA2-B7B2-44C6D15A2602.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  17. Jaguaratron

Jaguaratron Well-Known Member

I dont think its "hate", more.... "disappointment", I thought it looked amazing initially but upon further inspection it just made me sadder for a missed opportunity. No matter how you look at it its a figure for adult collectors or spoiled kids (due to cost) yet its so.... basic. By basic I mean simple, hollow and as a result cheap, the ratchets sound cheap, the big chunky plastic all hollowed out to save a few cents. Realistically its an upsized mainline titan class figure that should have cost $150 imo anyway.

Still whatever floats your boat, anyone who got one on preorder has certainly made out like bandits and congratulations with that should you ever come to cycle it out of your collection.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Happysmp

I hear you. I wish hasbro didn't mess with the colours at production. I wish they would have put some more engineering into the transformation. I wish there was a cover for the hole in his ass when he's in robot mode :)  I've never felt it was cheap though. Handling it and transforming it, the thing is heavy and so big it's almost awkward to transform. Ratchets are really strong! Two arms! Really satisfying loud clicks. To be fair, I don't own any titan class figures but do have the ARK coming in. I do expect that one to feel cheap and hollow but I don't care...I wanted the shuttle.

I don't mean to keep talking about haslab in the zeta thread so I'll switch topics a bit.
    I do hope we can see an oversize zeta one day. And if we do, fix that ugly maw, get some more sculpting on the panels for robot mode, give the thing more (and better spikes), make it easier to swap out colour panels (that don't require me to push a pin out).

• Like Like x 3
  19. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Nonsensically Sensational! And Vice Versa!

News Credits:
    You displayed both of those really well. The Haslab Unicron looks really impressive on the shelf.

You can be disappointed with it but it is still an impressive feat for Hasbro to produce a ginormous Unicron. It has stature, looks menacing and towers over everything else. They were upfront about what it is and they delivered. Being classified under the mainline, the engineering does exactly what it’s supposed to do, be able to transform to both modes and be robust. And you also have to admit, that is a whole lot of plastic.

20. Happysmp

thanks! It really had to fit cause there was nowhere else I could keep it. Had to remove the third ring on each side, lift the arms, and remove the back leg of the stand. Luckily the pose works. Detached the head to make him look slightly downwards.

• Like Like x 1