Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Virtual Venom

Virtual Venom Well-Known Member

I finally got around to transforming my second into planet mode. I followed one of the transformation videos posted earlier, very helpful. The transformation wasn’t as bad as I had anticipated it to be. Everything tabbed in perfectly! I also swapped out the yellow covers with the blue ones for more toon accuracy in planet mode. All in all I’m very happy with the purchases. Haslab may have the size advantage but in my mind engineering, toon accuracy and mp aesthetic go to this guy. 1D8037DA-8231-48C0-9388-78F63F917DBB.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  2. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So have we gotten any word from the manufacturer on if the second wave has any improvements for issues I've heard about (like the towers being easily broken)?

3. Mykltron

Mykltron Well-Known Member

Company: 01 Studio. Figure: Cell. We don't know for sure if it's Zeta in disguise or if they sold the design.

Nope. I find him incredibly easy to pose.

• Like Like x 2
  4. evilmonkeys

evilmonkeys loves him some G1 Jetfire

Such a great figure and a true joy to have in hand!

is anyone making a custom collar for robot mode?

I removed the one provided since it looks too big and would love a more movie-accurate one.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. VulpineX

VulpineX Well-Known Member

Hiya, there's quite a big difference in luminosity between two batteries and three, for me. Batteries should never feel hot, they may be damaged, dispose of safely. With mine, the batteries stay cold, even after having the eyes and the top-of-the-head-light on for a few minutes.
    What works for me may not work for you. Please don't take my usage as a recommendation or encouragement to do the same. If you put the same amount of fuel into two different cars, the distance you can travel in one could end up being further, or not as far, than the other one.

6. octobotimus

octobotimus # Make Devcon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The batteries get hot when you put them in the wrong way. They should be normal if you put the fully flat surface away from the spring.

on that note, how TF do you guys get past the spring and fit 3? They keep ejecting after 2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kevin Iaquinto

Kevin Iaquinto #1 Meshuggah Fan

News Credits:
    I should hopefully get mine this coming week. Might wait until Sunday to open it on my birthday.

8. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Didn’t realize this was a common issue; I broke one blue tower and one of the pegs on that go into the forearm (which is just a terrible design choice).

and as disappointing as it was to happen, neither have hindered my enjoyment of this glorious toy.

9. bmash

bmash Well-Known Member

Nice shot. In planet mode, what's your opinion on the kibble clip on front grill (stand) compared to opening the real 'mouth' piece/teeth instead?

10. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

So...what's the verdict on the best mod to get the rings to connect?

I've transformed mine several times, and I can't get the L-shaped connectors to join up. I know at least one person shaved down the L-shaped connectors, and I know at least one person shaved down the middle tab so that the L-shaped connectors have more wiggle room.

Which mod is more effective?

Thanks.

11. Nuclearcrunch

Nuclearcrunch Well-Known Member

I’m probably doing something wrong then

12. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

How I managed to get 3 batteries in, and how I knew it wasn't meant for 3 was I compress the spring to near flat. The tension between the positive 'nub' and the spring kept the third battery wedged in... to a point where I had one HELL of a time getting it out. This might have been where I misconstrued sweaty hands and a slight bit of panic to warm batteries.

I would also like to point out that this (pictured below) is the only configuration in which the LEDs will power on. If I adjust the batteries so that they are seated better in the compartment they will not make a good connection, and at that point neither the eyes, nor the head will power on.

20200726_134401.jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Mykltron

Are you referring to the long orange 'tower' that goes inside near the elbow in robot mode? Because it won't break if you do it correctly - the grey joint is a slider as well as a pivot in two directions.

My opinion, as the person who cut off the middle tabs, is that the L clips are the only important part: the tip is held together by being in a hole; the middle doesn't really need holding together if the tip and hinge end are both secure; you really want the outside edge of the ring held together.

14. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

Yes. I know I made the mistake but it’s a poor design in that there’s no forgiveness to it if you make a mistake, which isn’t as evident as simply turning something obviously in a way it isn’t supposed to go.

15. Mykltron

Yeah, you must be. He's got so many joints in his ankles and feet and they're mostly stiff enough for support. He has some of the best ankle/foot articulation and stability I've seen.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ib4cx3pt

ib4cx3pt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just shave off the tabs closest to the joint. Easy peasy

17. Virtual Venom

Virtual Venom Well-Known Member

I’m not sure which way I prefer it yet. But, it is nice that they included a more toon accurate option, since actually making it look like that probably wasn’t feasible design wise.

Haslab’s has the edge in planet mode though, but the whole assembly just hangs off the back in bot mode and that turns me off of it a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  18. VulpineX

VulpineX Well-Known Member

I used Tim Key's Nerd Crate video for this tip. Brute force it. Push the outer clips together quite hard, the two inner tabs fall into line. No cutting plastic, very solid connection.

19. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Some mods/tweaks that have improved my experience
    Beveling the surface of the tab So the knee things peg in more easily E1E3394B-C657-4715-A2F2-C5FCB57FB797.jpeg

Rounding the clip in he ankle to make it easier to remove
    A83C461E-C622-4FF0-B23F-ACF1CF765064.jpeg

cut down and angled some the tabs to make it easier to untab
    EA7E4068-3048-4E76-AFDE-2595AAEDEF84.jpeg 7892A5F2-59C0-4252-8EB3-A6AFD0FD16D7.jpeg

dinner time
    A3188BDF-4565-4D6D-933F-8D94619E0C2C.jpeg

• Like Like x 19
  20. Freakencreeper1

Freakencreeper1 Well-Known Member

It is now Day 11 with no movement