Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are a different color, but there are other spots on the figure that match it, like the bumps on on the inside of the knees.

2. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh boy. I did it again. :oops:  Posted a comment that kicked off a fight. I was just trying to make a silly point that doesn't even matter that much, not start a battle over the best Unicron. Maybe we should just drop it. Your Haslab Unicron is fine: no need to defend it to us in this thread.

Pretty sure that's not how it works. I'm pretty sure that the first to pay in full get it first and the express shipping only matters if you're in the first wave. If you're in the second wave and pay for express shipping, you don't skip the line: you'll have to wait for the second wave, but when it comes out, it'll ship express.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    There's no official non-word entry for panelformer in the wiki... how dare you make up a word for a made up word!
    Let me borrow y'alls keyboard warrior capes for just a sec... Category:Fan terminology - Transformers Wiki

4. Qabiri

Qabiri Well-Known Member

LOL, I’m done. Sorry for the long posts on the matter. I’ve obviously spent (too much) time thinking about the Haslab design and I just want to express why I love it, especially when I think it’s unfairly belittled. But this isn’t the place for it. Hopefully I’ve made my arguments respectfully, and I’ll move on. I do think the Cell one is beautiful and am thinking of getting it, and I’ll keep any future posts here about it.

• Like Like x 4
  5. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    It's all good. Some people can't see how anyone can like something they don't. I love both MP44 AND TE01, and it's unfathomable to many. I display both MP09 AND Carry. It's shocking the sensibilities of the forum! I will proudly display both versions of Unicron. To me, it's no different than having the 1/6 scale Bullethead Poison 3p Venom figure and the Mafex Venom on display.

• Like Like x 2
  6. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

I'm with you now. But everything I stated before could be done in a different color too. I have a coworker who's into Gundams and he rarely does anything with the panel lining. But when he does man it's a whole new toy

• Like Like x 1
  7. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:

I think you should be good. While I DID upgrade to Express myself recently (even tho I was one of the 1st original pre-orders as well), I'm under the impression (and HOPE)
    that the Express Shipping will simply get it TO ME faster, not necessarily bump my shipment ahead of yours.
    Good luck to you and I hope BOTH of ours ship out today!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    NEVER order from Sarah Zhang aka eyou-collectibles or whatever here site is.
    I PAID IN FULL, which even has a comment on her pages saying that no matter what happens, if the price goes up and you paid in full you don't have to pay more. It's a pre-order price GUARANTEE.
    I locked in the $259.99 price and now this morning I got an invoice for $125!!!!! I had bad dealings with her ebay store in the past but people said she changed blah blah blah. Nope, still a craphead. Still a liar.
    So now I'm screwed b/c I can't do a pre-order from someone else. At the time I did mine, I could have gotten one for $299 from a more reputable store (shipped).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mentasm

Mentasm I check in, but I don't check out.

The point I'm making is neither are accurate in any meaningful way.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chap

Chap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else get an invoice from eYou? I paid the full $250 when I preordered, and now got a $135 invoice. Haven’t contacted them yet, wanted to make sure I didn’t miss anything first.

11. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    She's refusing to take a hit on the price. It's been discussed earlier. You either cancel or pay the premium.

• Like Like x 1
  12. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Literally 2 posts above you man. lol
    Yeah, I'm PISSED. SUPER PISSED. Not my fault she guaranteed a price and didn't submit money upfront to her distributor. She waited around hoping the price would drop and now she's trying to stick the difference with the customers b/c she didn't pay ahead like she should have. Now we're stuck unable to get a better price without risking a 75% chance of a scam on sites like ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  13. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    Ebay isn't a savings either. They are posting prices of $318, but once you factor in $50 shipping and ebay's salestax, it's right up there again. It's nuts.

14. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm pretty pissed at Sarah Zhang myself. I dropped nearly 500 USD on her and then she goes on a vacation and doesn't tell anyone before hand.

I'd be absolutely furious about the price hike on this too.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Nuclearcrunch

Nuclearcrunch Well-Known Member

Oh good thought!! So like if someone missed the cutoff but did express, it would just get to them faster when it’s their turn?

I hope so too! I’m really excited for this

16. protostar8

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right. It's still a terrible price now. Also, Ebay prices show that Sarah Zhang / eyou is still trying to turn a profit and this is a situation where you DON'T DO THAT. You get lucky to break even when you guarantee prices to people and something like this happens. Someone else posted in a previous comment that their price that their wholesale price was still $200-ish in China. So we are all just getting screwed by sellers like eyou who didn't pay ahead despite taking our money.

• Like Like x 1
  17. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    She's quite smug about it, too. It's "our fault" for not being understanding. "Collectors should understand". If the forum didn't have rules against posting private conversations, I'd post my text exchange with her and the forum would be sharpening pitchforks and lighting torches. I think on the list of "safe chinese sellers" she needs a warning... good for in stock, but not good for preorders.

• Like Like x 1
  18. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    Current wholesale on Cell is in the low $300's for in-stock product. There are wholesale preorders for the next batch with an eta in October/November for $200. Don't know how well that price will stick however. Also has a high minimum order.

19. lilmac

lilmac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What’s the minimum order? Perhaps a group can get together, side step the middle man, split the cost, and save some money.

• Like Like x 2
  20. UtahRobotInDisguise

News Credits:
    Gotta have a business account with them. Not really something we can throw together. To get the account, you got to do a monthly $2k order, and sign a contract with them or else pay them a penalty.