Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Maybe they already had it planned and were upstaged by HasLab?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

If Zeta is actually going to produce this piece, for the next twenty days or do, Zeta should be working 24/7 to make a true prototype that makes the current Haslabs Unicron look like junk, otherwise do not bother. I think most people in this board would buy a G1 movie toon accurate Unicron. Imo, the look of bot mode is the most important, but if the planet mode is screen accurate, some may buy two. Size is nice, anywhere between 36 and 48 inches is good, but if made smaller like the 18 inch rumors, if the piece is like taking Unicron from the movie and placing it in a glass case, most would probably be good with it. I would like Led eyes and rings/wings( from the beginning of the G1 movie, after he eats the planet, and powers up).

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Good to hear.

4. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hoping it isn't just an oversized Armada mold.
    If Planet mode is good I'll get it.

5. TRANZ4MR

TRANZ4MR General Thud

News Credits:

6. briag45

briag45 Well-Known Member

I hope everyone is capable of getting a unicron they are happy with in their collection. I personally will be happy with a figure anywhere from 10" to 20" if he is aesthetically pleasing, fully articulated, and is good details with QC.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Anything less than 3 feet is unacceptable. I don't want a Unicron smaller than Trypticon.

Honestly, I dont even care if it transforms. He turns into a ball.

• Like Like x 5
  8. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    zeta go big or go home!!

• Like Like x 4
  9. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been reading ALL the comments in the thread and it is really astounding just how much info people are making up and believing. It doesn't help that some images of a FAN MADE model that is NOT ZETA from over a year ago along with some size rumors were posted (all be it by a very reputable source. Even they say it is speculation) very early on in this thread and the fan base just ran with it. NONE of that has been confirmed by ZETA and what they have official shown looks nothing like those images. It never ceases to amaze me just how much people read what they want to read, make shit up and believe their own fantasy. It seems that many people are fantasizing so much about the made up news and what they want it to be that they are setting themselves up for a massive disappointment. No matter what ZETA actually does, it will never live up to the expectations that these people have. It would be nice to bring this discussion back to reality and discuss the OFFICIAL facts that ZETA has shared and stop making shit up.

• Like Like x 12
  10. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    So true. The only thing we know for sure is there are photos of parts of what is probably Unicron. Not size, price, release date, anything else.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Zeta should release a Unicron in parts, but sold in randomly packed boxes, so nobody knows who has what, until they open the box(es). The aggravation and frustration would be hilarious. All the rants and angry posts, and I bought twelve boxes and have none left arms, and three torsos.

• Like Like x 3
  12. speed12sil

speed12sil Well-Known Member

I think you mean albeit...

• Like Like x 2
  13. jwarenec1

jwarenec1 Well-Known Member

While I hope the Zeta product is good for whatever price they ultimately charge, I have serious reservations about it. I envision if they part this out, the transformation is not going to be pretty. They have a good reputation with combiners being sturdy, but they do not have to transform as a whole unit. If it doesn't do a traditional transformation I think that they end product would look weird. What I mean is that if you have to take the robot mod apart, and transform those pieces individually, and put it back together it would be a true partsformer.

14. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Or, it can just snap in at the joint.

15. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I worry that a "build-a-figure" would not be as stable/durable/robust as a normal release. As soon as you have major joints like hips and shoulders that are meant to separate, you have potential point of weakness. I have Constructor (apparently a ZETA design), Armageddon and Kronos and all of them have issues at the connection points in one way or another. They are not horrible but they should be better for the size and weight. A single release with big solid joints is what is needed here. Also... I would never buy a "build-a-figure" release. At least with combiners, a single part is also a full character. I think I am done ranting for now. I will try to wait for more info from ZETA.

16. CannibalChow

News Credits:
    The 40 inches was said by the designer Arturo Milomir who also designed many other Zeta & Fanstoys bots.
    Here's his Facebook where you can find ALL the info. Enjoy.
    Arturo Milomir

17. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

If Zeta’s can pull off a cartoon accurate bot-mode at 40 inches tall with no QC issues then I will sell my second HasLab Unicron to buy it and keep Haslab in planet mode (where it truly shines).

• Like Like x 1
  18. XIII

XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I am aware of that from reading all the comments from the start. Those images are NOT confirmed to be the design that ZETA is using. They do NOT have the ZETA watermark and it doesn't take a sharp eye to see that the head and arms that ZETA has shown are NOT the Arturo Milomir design. Is that person working on ZETA unicron? maybe... No one has confirmed.

• Like Like x 6
  19. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That makes the most sense. I can't imagine that they simply threw a figure of this obvious complexity together last minute around the time HasLab showed off their version simply to compete with it. Although... taking on Unicron also seems like courting with fire and the timing very dubious if it was simply coincidence. So yeah... I'm torn.

20. CannibalChow

News Credits:
    Arturo was designing it since late 2016/early 2017.
    Arturo Milomir

• Like Like x 1