Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Well-Known Member

It's too late to save them boy. Let them go.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    But the Hasbro one isn't even as good as this one :( 

• Like Like x 4
  3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. I have to keep telling myself "calm down, it's just an opinion," but everytime someone says they want Core Star upsized, all I hear is "I hope they change this from something you want into something I want." I mean yeah, I get it, you hope you can get what you want, but at the same time, piss off! Let me have the thing I want and quit trying to take it away from me.

Personally I'd be fine with him gaining two or three inches (though I'm perfectly happy with him being the size he is) but any more than that and he sizes himself out of my display - I intend to start buying moducase shelves but those are a little under 24". A toy bigger than that will have nowhere to live in my home.

Also, as @Mercutio notes, there's the matter of price: he's surely going to be expensive but adding even one inch to his height would make him significantly more expensive. One inch is a little over 5% of his height but it works out to adding closer to 20% of his volume and the weight/mass is likely similar (can't get good numbers for that kind of thing as mass is unevenly distributed - parts will have hollow spaces). And each inch you add compounds that increase. Making him 21" would be somewhere in the vicinity of 150% the volume and weight (actually I'm pretty sure I'm low balling that number). That extra weight means parts will need to be reinforced to handle it, which will in turn add even more weight. Making him the same size as haslabs Unicron would put him in somewhere between 2.5 and 4 times the volume/weight/cost (I could try to do the math but I'd still end up with a very rough number since I can't know specifically what parts would need reinforcement or how much they'd need). Then add in shipping from China to the US (or whatever country you're in). Wei Jiang's Omega Supreme cost around $110 from the factory, iirc, but was over $200 if you were buying him in the US just because it's expensive to move a product that big and heavy (yes, retailer markup was part of it but that would be the case for Unicron as well).

• Like Like x 4
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Each is good in its own ways. Hasbro’s sculpting definitely gave it a larger feeling while zetas lack of detail is a bit less accurate and doesn’t really give off a planet bot feel. Hasbro is massive and has a far superior planet, zetas engineering seems to be far more involved and interesting at the cost of a planet.

Personally I like both equally and wish that zeta comes back with their’s so I can have both on a shelf.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get these god damn reasonably valid points out of this f'ing post...;) 

how can we devolve into chaos if people like you keep chiming in.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the market for a giant Unicron has 12000 people already locked in the Haslab version, with very little chance for Zeta to win them over because we are past the deadline for refunds. I think they were right in doing a figure that focuses on different aspects than Hasbro and assuming this will be released it's better for them to stick to their original design.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bezuul

Bezuul Well-Known Member

12,000 people with probably very few aware that Zeta made another option available before getting threats. To me hasbro should be funding Zeta for making a badass figure that they would want to represent their property... that they bought from another company and hire others to represent for money.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

I bought the Hasbro Unicron. But I'd buy the originally planned Zeta Core Star if it comes out. In fact, I still have my pre-order with Show.Z from when it was announced in August! I like them both for different reasons, and I'm happy they are different in look, transformation and scale. Then one day, when both are in hand, I'll evaluate if I want only one or keep both for my collection. I don't feel a need to decide that before that bridge comes.

I would certain love to hear from Zeta on what the deal is officially though. Even if they say it is officially dead, I'd like to know that as well. But I'm hoping they are just giving it time.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I actually saw that it had been bumped on showz the other day, I wonder if they changed expected date to 2020? Although maybe I'm imagining things, I thought the release date was unknown before. (Not that I'm stalking Unicron or anything).

10. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh it’s probably dead but in a month we will see Atez Toys Pop into existence with a familiar planet munching robot. :D 

Please at least read the last page before commenting. It was already said that Showz changes the original “Feb 2020” date—that had been posted for months—to the current ambiguous “2020.”

• Like Like x 3
  11. Zherneboh

Zherneboh BRAVE BOMBER

Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I've been following this thread, just happened to miss that one, thanks all the same. Disappointing news,but there it is!

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    They should make Armada Tidal Wave equally huge. It's not like Hasbro will so it should be okay. He even has his Energon colours for a repaint.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. ib4cx3pt

ib4cx3pt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    after the release they’re awesome unicorn please!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Keiman74

Keiman74 Perfect geometric shape box

Just like Unicron wants all the planets, I want all the Unicrons, which includes Haslab and Zeta.

• Like Like x 5
  15. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

I backed haslab's Unicron. And I'm still hoping we get to see this one now that all the dust has settled on the backing project.
    My hope was that Zeta's would show up, and then Haslab's would follow 6 months to a year later.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Any news on this?

:D 

17. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Yes.

18. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits: