Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE "The powers of darkness..."

Hey stop can't you see we're playing basketball here? Jeese!

• Like Like x 3
  2. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

What is this from? It sounds so familiar.

• Like Like x 1
  3. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At first I thought Energon Happy Meal Unicron would work pretty well for this, but then I realized he is almost as big as MP bee. lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

- In the grand scheme of things hopefully they're not shooting up schools and other "gun free" zones either. Still, fans are pretty good at sucking the fun out of hobbies and griefing one another.

- Money is just a tool to get the things one desires or needs. Budgeting is the implementation and distributed use of said tool. Doesn't matter if the goal is to purchase a hunk of plastic, rock, metal, etc.... True, of the alternatives that exist they are cheaper. I suppose they are inherently better as they are actually acquirable, though that doesn't necessarily make them worthwhile.

- I'd argue that IP theft is pretty goddamned huge crime against humanity, but that's in general principle. There's plenty of applications that have lead to deaths and injuries thru substandard implementation of stolen technology. Plus it tends to cause a ******ation in technological development overall. I wouldn't weigh forced technology transfer on the same scale as collecting transformers. 3rd party companies at least do all their development in house and are only piggybacking off the official brand.

Actually, holding a copyright, when copyright laws can and are enforced, specifically means you get to rest on your laurels and collect huge profits for mediocre work in perpetuity or so long as the copyright lasts. This is how Disney, Marvel, DC, etc.... have been operating for decades. Disney has fought pretty hard to ensure 'perpetuity' is in the framework of copyright laws. Transformers initially started by leverage existing assets, but the toy line quickly exceeded existing resources. At the very latest the 90s saw the break over point between licensing existing work and creating new ones. I believe his complaint was that his personal art had been copied and used on packaging without permission. That's also where he conflates knock-off companies with 3rd party companies, and that is certainly an error. In the transformers scene 3rd Party is definitely operating in waters that Hasbro had little interest in entering. The product overlap is minimal at best. I highly doubt there are many folks out there trying to decide between Fans Toys and Siege Hound figures. I think Zeta's Unicron is the first time Hasbro has taken umbrage at being challenged, and it's been a pretty mild response.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I kind of had the same question. I will say that I'm not planning on getting Core Star but I was interested to see his development, especially with Hasbro allegedly putting their foot down. I have no idea if this is just a minor setback or the start of some bigger event. Most likely the former but it'll be interesting to see either way.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Prowl83

Prowl83 Well-Known Member

Ok just because I'm curious to read, does anyone know whe this Marcelo Matere rant is?

I thumbed through this thread quit a few pages back and cant find anything other that general discussion about it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well there's a line in TFTM by Unicron where he says to Megatron, "Your bargaining posture is highly dubious," that I riffed for Bumblebee's line. Other than that I just kinda made it up. I suppose it's loosely based on a scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer where a tiny demon was demanding to be feared but I didn't quote any actual dialog from that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FiveThousand

FiveThousand Well-Known Member

Yeah I recognize the "highly dubious" part.

It's the "Who's an adorable little chaos bringer" followed by "Fear me" that sounds familiar. Because I can fully visualize the exchange between a main character to a miniature high pitched voice of a bad guy responding. But I can't, for the life of me, remember what characters those were.

• Like Like x 2
  9. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    facebook.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Magic 8-ball says: check back after October 6th.

• Like Like x 8
  11. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

The post which sparked the discussion was deleted by the poster, but the original rant is still on Facebook.
    Alas, I wasn't able to leave a comment...

• Like Like x 1
  12. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hope the other one makes it so we can put all this stupid drama to bed and get on with making this awesome toy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

I hope Hasbro/Takara does not go the road of Harmony Gold...They hold the Robotech license and have actively blocked any form of Macross or anything connected to Robotech from coming into North America to be sold..You can get the merchandise ect but you have to import it..

Anyway the UNICRON-H is a nice idea but is way out of my price range...UNICRON-Z is a little more my speed. I also like the fact that when transformed all the panels that make the planet have a place to go and not just form kibble hanging off the back.. Just my 2 cents... Also I hope this thread really gets back on topic.

• Like Like x 7
  14. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is Harmony Gold blocking official Macross toys similar to Hasbro potentially blocking unlicensed Transformers toys? Harmony Gold didn't even have a hand in creating Macross but Hasbro did half the work for creating Transformers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sneal

Sneal Bad Comedian

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pre orders are back in stock and available again on tfdirect and showz. Could this mean it's still happening?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ryuu

Ryuu It is Looooord!

Fuck ya

• Like Like x 4
  17. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    I never canceled mine. Still intact

• Like Like x 2
  18. MegaDolrailer

MegaDolrailer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Harmony Gold blocks official toys made by the original creators of Macross, Hasbro potentionally blocking unofficial toys that take advantage of a brand they helped make isn't the same. Just cause they'd both be preventing toys to be released doesn't mean the intent is the same, seems cut and dry to me. I enjoy 3rd party toys but Hasbro is within their right unlike Harmony Gold, the creator of Macross himself even said fans shouldn't support them.
    tCDEvrNuBG.png

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Don't you mean "Fuck yeah!"?

• Like Like x 3
  20. leus

leus Well-Known Member

I don't understand what this means. I have the VF-1J Stealth Type from Yamoto which I bought at the mall comic store.

• Like Like x 2