Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Fixed ;) 

• Like Like x 5
  2. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

you right

• Like Like x 1
  3. mista2x

mista2x Well-Known Member

I doubt that. Hasbro has C Level execs and shareholders that will have heads rolling at Haslab if Unicron fails, too.

If they did somehow stop Zeta from producing this, I can see it showing up again by a new 3P company called Teta Zoys or something similar. :cool: 

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Zeta will probably end up producing this and it's probably still in whatever production phase it is in, but to be smart, they got there publicity, people know it's in the works, so pulling back/hinding content/information to not infuriate Hasbro is the right move. Zeta did what they needed to do, whether the piece is retooled to a larger scale (my opinion and not fact.), would like the final piece to be available in both the 18" and a 36" sizes (once again opinion, not fact or inside information)

• Like Like x 4
  5. PkP Edge PkP

PkP Edge PkP Well-Known Member

You beat me too it... I think this boy is lost.

I'm still a backer here of hasbro. I'm happy they are making this though for people that dislike the hasbro one for whatever reason. I do feel like everyone is generally getting what they want from either company.

• Like Like x 5
  6. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure that this helps the discussion but it might serve both as a warning and explanation of why some sites have gone dark or refused to report on Zeta Unicron. In the Star Wars community some Chinese sellers popped up last week selling, most likely stolen, factory items of new Episode 9 toys on Ebay--nothing new there. Within a few days they were slapped down and their accounts were deleted--again nothing new. However fan sites on FB and webforums who has simply posted the pictures of the toys were simultaneously straight up deleted, no questions asked, or told in no uncertain terms that they had to immediately remove all photos of the toys or face legal repercussions. Addmittedly some of this was on the Mattel side and Disney has always been more vigorous in defending their products than Hasbro, but people were stunned by the site shutdown as they had never gone that far before. It seems like the major corporations are getting far more adept and interested in policing top fan sites for anything they may dislike.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    This is disappointing but not completely unexpected. If they think this move will encourage/force more people to back the official one I think they've misunderstood why many people are intersted in this, they are quite different propositions. If this is canceled I shan't be any more or less likely to jump on board with HasLabs.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
  8. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Again, like I said that's a nice story, but it's all just "He tell me". In fact speaking of social media, I wouldn't say it's all that far fetched that the original poster just made it up. I mean really, "a Hasbro rep at Botcon"...

Either way, social media reveals 3P projects all the time, and some people have complained about 3P since day one to Hasbro, so I doubt it really mattered this time.

Because the TF community isn't a hive-mind collective. But I'm not so sure it's as accepted by HasTak as you want to believe, there just hasn't been much they could do about it before (or even a need to as long as the 3Ps stay under the radar). I think Hasbro is far more aware of the 3P situation than we'd ever get to know, and I think Zeta might have been a bit too brazen and gone too far to maybe just ignore this time.

However, so far I also think the "end times of 3P" isn't upon us, and that most of the freaking out over stuff like a copyright claim on a YouTube video is a lot of paranoia. Honestly stuff like that isn't really that big of a deal, it just makes for good drama on an otherwise boring September weekend.

• Like Like x 3
  9. bubbalew

bubbalew Well-Known Member

I understand Hasbro protecting it's IP but I am one of those that simply cannot afford $600 all at once and have no room for something the size of their Unicron. I do think Zeta should have waited a bit longer to show theirs off but they waited till the funding period was almost done and they would have had zero effect on the crowdfunding. Then Hasbro in desperation made an unexpected move by extending the crowdfunding. Even with the extension they need over 2300 more people in 21 days. If they open it up to worldwide they would have had it within a week. being restricted to NA was dumb to start with. I think they will still produce it because of the Asian pre-orders from Takara or Takara will make it on their own. I'm happy for those that want Hasbro Unicron but sad that those of us who wanted a smaller Unicron now get nothing. The Hasbro fanboys should be proud of themselves for selfishly keeping others from something they want just because Hasbro's Unicron cannot make it with out outside help. End of rant.

• Like Like x 4
  10. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

Just read about this. I hope that somehow this guy will be produced one day.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    No one said it was over. Too early for both sides and both may not get anything.

• Like Like x 4
  12. captain america

captain america Well-Known Member

Maybe one day when this thermonuclear shitstorm has blown over, Zeta (or another incarnation thereof) will give it another go; hopefully with some revised tooling. For now, they'll lie low if they know what's good for them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I bet they don't.... well not the execs and shareholders anyway. Otherwise, this wouldnt be a Haslab crowdfunded thing. Its a passion project by a small team of designers, but the bigwigs probably dont feel confident that this will sell well at normal retail. The high cost of entry is likely the result of the small production run it will have.

• Like Like x 5
  14. piman

piman Well-Known Member

hasbro shuts zeta up. crowdfund fails. turtle project fails. designer is fired. hasbro hires zeta's designer. second project kicks off. hasbro promote a 80cm zeta figure. estimated $1000 + tax + shipping + handling...
    zeta hires another designer, and shows pic of another core star....
    this thread keeps going. trolls keep coming.
    everybody wins.

• Like Like x 6
  15. toonbot

toonbot Well-Known Member

Zeta needs to stick to combiners its what they do best. All this effort to make Core Star could have been used to design and proto-type Defensor.

Much respect lost with this company.

• Like Like x 3
  16. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

Because they proposed one figure rather than another? Wow. I assume you've also lost respect for Fans Toys, XTB, DX9, etc to the same level.

• Like Like x 16
  17. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

Remember that time when this whole thing was Toyworld’s fault for pissing 3A/Zero off??

Yeah, that was fun.

• Like Like x 3
  18. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    So... "I didn't get my way!" *Foot stomp*

• Like Like x 15
  19. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anything I've lost respect for Hasbro. 3P has coincided with Hasbro for over 10 years. Now that Hasbro has to compete with something they don't want to fund themselves they cry foul. This makes me believe they don't have confidence in their own product.

• Like Like x 11
  20. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Apple didn’t fall far from the tree :( .

• Like Like x 1