Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

He has the mythical reverse 6-pack to show off just how ripped and powerful he is.

• Like Like x 7
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If you think Unicron failing will cost people their jobs over a 3rd party "stealing thunder" then you're grossly misinformed. Hasbro was talking cutting 5,000 jobs before this. Zeta had nothing to do with that. Spending 4 billion on eOne and buying up Peppa Pig, PJ Masks, and Snoop Dogg's catalog/record label did. And other asinine purchases and moves. Hasbro makes other products those people with families use as a job. Zeta makes one or two products at a time. And you talk about people and their false equivalencies? lol

Also, don't think I didn't catch that little jab, there, calling me a manchild. If you weren't trying to, you would've said something like "You wanna talk about man children? What about the post wanting Unicron to fail just two above?" To which I would've said "Exactly what I'm talking about when I say it's a few angry man-children making posts, not the majority." Instead, you threw down the gauntlet by insulting me when you said "talk about being a man-child" and you worded it that way in that specific manner. If you didn't, this is the time where you own up to your mistake and apologize, or you double down and own up to insulting me and violating the rules.

My calling your wishes evil isn't namecalling, it's a fact. Hating and wishing for one's business to close is downright evil.

You say I'm not listening, but I am, thus this response. I don't blindly buy either camp's offerings. You have no idea how many figures I've skipped on both sides of the fence. I'm loyal to what Optimus Prime, Megatron, and co. should be, not who makes them. Both sides have proven they're not fully in it to do it justice and they just want our money. But I know you won't.

And again, if you think Zeta is Hasbro's problem, you're not actually looking at the picture as it is.

And don't sit there and talk about MMC's DJD and how you want it. If Zeta goes, MMC will sooner or later, and no one will get anything but Has/Tak and that's not actually the best option for consumers. Wait until it happens, you'll regret ever making these posts if that comes to pass.

445 posts since 2016 and you're not adding anything to the discussion. Stay in your lane, then, and don't post here until you can carry a conversation. That's how message boards work, not a pisspot for spam posts like this one of yours.

It didn't help for a handful of backers. Look at how many said they'd buy both. Look at how many said they'll stick with HasLab. Much larger numbers than Zeta's backers. You're worrying about a bogeyman that doesn't exist in the manner you think it does. Hasbro was, is, and always be it's own biggest problem and yours as well. You can't see that, at all. The only reason you (and anyone else who shares the same opinion) feel that way is you've convinced yourself at Hasbro's behest that this Unicron is the only one in existence and that there's nothing else like it, etc. There are several Unicrons predating this one, he's not some magic grail, he's a mass-produced toy like all of their other wares. There's nothing special about this one other than Hasbro telling you it is. And deep down, everyone knows it. Heck, there's nothing special about Zeta's, they're all TOYS. Toys.

Hasbro's done a terrible job of handling this project.

You want to go there? Okay, let's.
    Has/Tak design Siege and Studio Series together, so we'll go ahead and lump Takara-Tomy in here for a moment...

Megatron? Paint rubs off on your hands and chips with each transformation and movement/manipulation.
    Sunstreaker? Multiple reports of windshields cracking on their own while on display without being handled. The backpack and leg panel cracked on mine as well as the windshield.
    Hot Rod? Can't roll and chrome rub.
    Ironhide? Chrome rub.
    V3 Optimus? Can't even properly move the knee without it breaking. Panels are thin and breaks are occurring and will continue to. Paint chips out of the box, wheels breaking off mid transformation.
    BW Megatron? Crotch cracks, panels snap.
    BW Dinobot? Broken ankles, broken shoulders.

That enough? More? Okay.

Hasbro...
    MPM Optimus not only incorrectly assembled (sleeper hinges swapped), tabs don't line up leaving the cab gapped forever thus forcing people to modify a triple digit figure.
    MPM Ironhide messed up shoulders that don't allow transformation in some cases.
    CW Devastator broken tabs on Scrapper in combined mode when forming the foot. Broken leg connector for Hook.

Countless misassembled, incorrectly painted, missing pieces messes of figures from everything triple digit and below. They have a coded return system for this reason! SS Jetfire's spine fractures, I have gone through two and gave up! Several others have had the same issue. It's $50.00 friggin' dollars.

You think we can trust them with $575.00? You're more faithful and trusting than I, then. (Me, and a lot of people see the forest for the trees...)

Bingo.

Not helpful. Just a troll post that's going to bait people and cause trouble and you KNOW better.

Exactly. HasLab will fail if it's destined to.

Correct.

It's one thing to go after Zeta, but they also went after Empire of the Sun. He said on Facebook they're suing him. (Hasbro.) This is kind of uncharted territory, if true. That's some food for thought in this case.

And it wouldn't have happened without 3rd party lighting a fire under their @$$es. Remember, Hasbro gave us WFC Jazz. 3rd party gave us whole figures when the economy was garbage and Hasbro's excuse. 3rd party more or less saved us from worse.

Exactly. I'm all for official when they do a good job. I'm for 3rd party when they do. Hasbro failed here, Zeta didn't, so Zeta's automatically some magical villain all of a sudden and Hasbro should've been doing their job properly AND protecting their IP long before this. So, again, this is all on them.

• Like Like x 14
  3. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Wellest-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got one too, were they down from show Z? Also is somebody from this thread review bombing Core Star in the ShowZ comments with the all the ass references? It’s pretty wierd.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Good points regarding Hasbro. I will put out there it seems a lot of 3rd party are also hit or miss regarding replacement parts, take for instance Gigapower doing awesome at responding for their not-dinobots... and also never responding to some fans. Regarding Unicron and Haslab, will BBTS or TFSource or whoever handle Unicron, or will Haslab do it... as Unicron is their first TF via crowdfund. And obviously, there's always that possibility they won't do squat, maybe?

Hopefully QA is going to be fine for both products. Please! A lot of people have been very positive regarding Zeta's previous big combiner efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. foobot333

welcome to the internet. Half the crap we post is... well crap?

Hoping at least showz gets a "crack" at selling these as I have a preorder there too!

• Like Like x 1
  6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    It's supposed to be accurate to the source material.

• Like Like x 2
  7. foobot333

Shhhh… Hasbro may be watching this forum. Core Star is its own thing!! Really, it is.

• Like Like x 2
  8. OstOgBajer

OstOgBajer Well-Known Member

Nooooooooo

I guess I won't have a Unicron. I'm certainly not getting the official. Thanks, Hasbro.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Banatine

Banatine Well-Known Member

Look, we can all argue between ourselves until our fingertips bleed, but it’s not going to change anything.

The real sad part of this whole situation is that EVERYBODY loses here. Transformers fans, Zeta, other 3Ps, even HasTak. There is nobody who comes out of this in a better position. At all.

This is not the time for posturing about which is better, or copyright laws, or loyalty. We are all losers, no matter what side we are on. That’s it.

• Like Like x 9
  10. bri888

bri888 bte888

Ebay:
    Hasbro if you're reading this. I hope your Unicron gets funded and the fans can get them. Stopping Zeta from releasing their own unicron won't necessarily help your bottomline because there are plenty of 3rd party fans who buy the official just bec. 3rd parties do exist. Sometimes, your pricing or the way you designed the toy just doesn't resonate with some fans. That's not the way they remember Unicron and so theyre not willing to shell out whether or not the zeta version exists or not.

• Like Like x 12
  11. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Hear hear!

I hope they both get produced.

(on that note, what happened to Garatron/GOD's Armada version?)

• Like Like x 5
  12. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Beast Wars Neo Shellformer?
    Last update was about 2 months after reveal...in 2016.

13. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if i were zeta and didnt give a shit. i would double down and offer 2 versions. the current one and then the one that is a half inch larger than hasbros for 100-150 less.

• Like Like x 6
  14. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I dont think show z ever took their preorder down. it was up earlier today when I was on the site.

• Like Like x 2
  15. foobot333

They actually stopped taking preorders for a short spell earlier... I recall seeing that because I only had my preorder in for a few hrs before I saw showz had stopped.

• Like Like x 1
  16. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never was planning on backing theirs anyways, to big, to expensive. Which I am sure a lot of core stars buyers were in a similar mindset... so I really doubt it existing or not would have affected the haslab kickstarter.

• Like Like x 5
  17. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The beast wars one? they showed off a proto and then disappeared with no updates since 2016. unfortunately, it's dead.

• Like Like x 1
  18. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Wow... I didn't realize it was that long ago :confused: 

• Like Like x 2
  19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So Hasbro really torpedoed this project? Ah man.... this could significantly change collecting.

Not sure if it’s for the better but we will see how far they’re willing to take it. As the Copyright holder, I don’t blame them for FINALLY stepping up to these manufacturers. However, it’s kinda weird that Unicron was the figure that pushed them over the edge.

• Like Like x 3
  20. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I wouldn't be too worried.

• Like Like x 2