Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. VelsR

VelsR Ancient of War

News Credits:
    That was my impression too.

Actually, with all the impressive engineering in the figures these days, I'd think the inclusion of a stand for dramatic posing would probably be the 'next big feature' for most collectors. For all the talk of posing and articulation, most displays have otherwise impressive bots in static poses due to a combination of fear of falling over and space issues. Every time I search for 'flight stands for Transformers', it brings up years old results for much smaller bots (deluxes, classics). The most impressive one I saw had one for Combiner Wars Superion in combined mode.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Veleno

Veleno Solar Plexus Clown Gliders

Really impressed with how all the planet shell just sucks into and/or reshapes over his body.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

Enjoy your Haslab version. Hope it fits in with the rest of your collection.

• Like Like x 3
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’ll believe the designers who have said multiple times it can.

• Like Like x 7
  5. mighty cyclonus

mighty cyclonus Well-Known Member

Why not?
    Unicron is the largest TF character and it's my personal preference to have Unicron to be larger than the TF figures that I have already. If someone makes a larger figure in future, so be it. It won't make my figures smaller.

• Like Like x 6
  6. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Now I finally feel Validated. Was that so hard? :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  7. gibdozer

gibdozer Censored

Sure, Hope costs me nothing. I hope Haslab hits 20k backers but I won't be one of them.

Sun's review has eased any doubts I might have still harbored. Zeta is making my Unicron!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It has been confirmed several times by Hasbro that it's self supporting.
    Bruticus and Superion have nowhere the amount of qc problems as Constructor, I think Toyworld is the one to blame.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has there been a price mentioned for this guy yet?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Zero and I’m not even a Newsie anymore and not in the loop on that discussion, but I’m positive that this gets zero promotion from the site.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Him being shorter than their combiners is kind of a let down, tbh. Can't refute that that's a great looking bot mode though

• Like Like x 3
  12. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If the rings are made bigger that is more plastic that is neede, it also means the base has to be taller to match, which adds more plastic, and as it's taller has to be more sturdy, is it really all worth it?
    I agree this needs more greebling in much of the figure and the teeth are pretty bad, but I think it's about the best they could do, the mouth plate kind of makes up for it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

you need to watch the transformation video!

i've been kinda busy recently and fell out of the loop with regards to the Unicron wars discussions - but i just saw the Zeta transformation video and found myself rather impressed (vs an underwhelming feeling back when i first watched Hasbro's transformation video)!

THIS figure feels like an actual Transformer, as opposed to Hasbro's over-priced shellformer. and before seeing this, i was actually starting to lean towards backing Hasbro's Unicron crowdfund (mainly 'cuz i just want a big badass Unicron figure!), but now i'm not so sure again anymore...

although not perfect, this Zeta figure is by far the better Unicron - its engineering kicks the crap out of Hasbro's version (by so much in fact, that Hasbro should actually be rather ashamed)!! personally, i wish it were bigger too (heck, make it 30" just so it's even bigger than Hasbro's, haha!) but a planet-sized TF is never gonna be in accurate scale with anything else anyway - it'll just have to be displayed separately from other figures i guess... :D 

(here's the video that i saw, skip to ~7:05 for the actual transformation):

• Like Like x 4
  14. crazee928

crazee928 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    seems like you and i are in the same place with the same thought process. i think i’m going to sit it out and see how everything unfolds before i bite. zeta’s color scheme will also be an interesting topic to watch next.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading the comments about the transformation being so good, then I watched the video... How much force does it take to unfold those legs?? The guy in the video really struggled, and that does not look fun. Not to mention pieces falling off throughout transformation..
    And regardless of screen accuracy, I just don't like the huge collar, or the abs on his back. The planet mode doesn't really do it for me either, and overall he's too small for my personal tastes.
    I'm glad people are getting an alternative to Haslab Unicron, but to claim this is so much better, and that Hasbro should be ashamed of their version... :rolleyes:  They're equally impressive, and each has its own compromises in order to achieve its goal. It's cool that fans will get to choose which figure fits their collection best.

• Like Like x 11
  16. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy hell that transformation is amazing. And listen to all those ratchets. I can't believe people want more panel lines on this guy. I think he's just the right amount without being overly busy like the hasbro one.

The open mouth on the planet mode looks a bit goofy but closed i think it's acceptable, and I'm willing to accept the parts forming on the alternate mouth because everything else is so amazing on this thing.

Can't wait to see what they do for the paint job.

This is the best time ever to be a transformers fan. 2 Unicron figures coming out, amazing third party g1 stuff and Beast Wars masterpieces that jump right out of the show. I feel like a spoiled kid

• Like Like x 7
  17. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    Which is why the video regularly reminds us to remember this is a test shot and not the final product.

For what is worth though I agree they are equally impressive just in different ways.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Chantinelle

Chantinelle Well-Known Member

After seeing the amazing chomp-chomp-chomp maw of the Hasbro one, I just can't take the garbage planet mode of this weedy little thing seriously. Like yes, it's a very clever transformation that does away with all the panel kibble of Hasbro's but it also looks puny as hell in robot mode and the planet mode is mediocre in comparison.

Hard pass.

• Like Like x 4
  19. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Just watched the video----all I can say is it's going to come down to color. Will they do it properly orange, like the digibash, or will they do like so many other 3P companies and blindly follow "the most recent HasTak release" for a character's colors?

• Like Like x 2
  20. captain america

captain america Well-Known Member

TF fan: Can Haslab Unicron stand without the display base?

Haslab: says yes, multiple times, is repeated ad nauseum in the forums, provides 2 transformation videos where the PROTOTYPE figure doesn't fall to pieces.

Also TF fan: I'm not entirely convinced the Haslab one CAN stand in robot mode without the stand. In all the pics it seems to be really slumping against the stand hard.

Zeta: shows trandformation of PRE-PRODUCTION TEST SHOT figure; at least 10% of parts fall off as it flops around in the hand of the person handling it.

TF fan: ZOMG, beautiful!

• Like Like x 7