Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Is buying both an option? That's the route I'm aiming for since I like the look of both enough to justify buying em both.

• Like Like x 2
  2. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

It's an option for sure. I guess my issue is the Hasbro one. Like I said, I love the planet mode but it's pretty darn big and not sure I want to pay that cost for one mode that looks good and not the other. This one is the reverse (great bot, meh planet). Damn..maybe getting both is the answer :p 

• Like Like x 1
  3. corduroy

corduroy Well-Known Member

i know that haslab/hastak conference room is in shambles right now.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone able to digi the wings bigger and perhaps digibash the planet mode too? I do not ask much for myself, for I ask for all the fandom.

5. yrqrm0

yrqrm0 Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This thing looks great. Even if he had more kibble, I would just be thankful that the chest is actually part of the planet surface. I've been disappointed since we saw that the Haslab Unicron's chest was just one solid piece inside, especially since they didn't even have any features or anything inside like the Armada canon/storage.

Also, while I agree the planet mode is a bit inferior, the robot mode is a lot better than the planet mode is worse imo.

• Like Like x 6
  6. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Most likely not. If they wanted to pull a Bandai they could easily shut zeta down if they so chose. They are most likely sipping tea calmly as they know that enough fans enjoy both to buy theirs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mista2x

mista2x Well-Known Member

Haslab looks like CHUG but Zeta is scaled like one. o_O 

• Like Like x 6
  8. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Looks insanely good. Bot mode is so much better than crappy Haslabs. That said, the planet mode is still better on Haslabs, but not by THAT much. I can take a slightly less accurate planet mode if it means a much meaner and badass looking bot mode.
    I'm also alright with the wing size so long as they can be angled to be splayed out more.

• Like Like x 3
  9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They don't care enough for anything like that to happen.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mykltron

Mykltron Well-Known Member

This robot mode looks SO MUCH BETTER than the official. I knew it would.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Looks less clean and gappier than the Hasbro version. The deco might also be less accurate. It seems to be also smaller in proportion to bot mode, but if it's bad or not is more subjective.

12. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    "It won't". Go ahead and Quote me.

To this day not a single Zeta, Fanstoys, MMC, KFC, (and so on) Product has been KO'd if memory recalls.

The only 3p company that had things KO'd was Warbotron(TransforMission/GenerationToy)

13. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Welp. There’s my Unicron. Let’s get some preorders up!

• Like Like x 2
  14. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    This is nonsense, already disproved by myself and others in the Haslab Unicron thread:

- Plastic costs almost nothing per lb, and weight has nothing to do with anything production-wise, aside (maybe) from freight costs (and the maybe is because most everybody now uses dimensional weight, not actual weight).
    - Hasbro is very obviously baking in (at least) the normal profit curve.

Don't make out Hasbro to be some sort of friend company doing you a favor. That's ridiculous. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 6
  15. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Jinbao and NeoArt both KO'd Feral Rex.

Maketoys Headmasters, Protectobots, and Striker Manus, MFT's bread and butter is KOing DX9’s Legends stuff plus Peru Kill and Richthofen were KO'd, Iron Factory's Shockwave and Bruticus, Perfect Effect's Leonidas, Scouting Force, and Core Magnus, Fans Project's Insecticons, TFC's Hercules, and that's just off the top of my head.

• Like Like x 7
  16. o1dpain1ess

o1dpain1ess Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't have a clue how this transformation works but goddamn is it impressive!

It does look like the heel splits in half and swings out 90° to attach to the side-foot planet detail, creating a larger triangular planet surface chunk:

upload_2019-9-5_16-56-58.png

Also it appears that there is a rotation point here at the upper thigh, below the thigh swivel cut. I would guess that the round cut shape allows the thigh to rotate 90° backwards, followed by the knee bend to get the feet up around the head.

upload_2019-9-5_16-58-44.png

• Like Like x 6
  17. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Some of that is true. some is untrue.

it can be disputed as what actually costs the most money, it's easily Parts Count. and primarily parts count. The more marts you make the more steel molds required. the more pins and screws involved. Don't try to tell me pins and screws cost nothing. lol'

Anyway, DX-9 Gabrial for instance. Not a lot of parts counts, but he's a massive and heavy toy. so in that regard you are correct weight girth means nothing. Hasbro proved this with their titans as well.

Part's count is key here. This is why most 3p combiners are insanely priced at the end of the day. make no mistake though quality of materials used also is a factor in pricing. you aren't paying for the FansToys name when buying the toys they make, you are paying for the better building materials used that are involved in the design and construction process.

LEwin Resources Also proved the theory of Parts-Count vs weight. However they also proved that it's about Quality Materials used vs. cheap crappy plastic and shoddy mixed Diecast.

the back heel clearly splits in half each side swiveling to connect with the both plant parts on the sides of the foot. I'm also betting the entire foot is connected to the planet parts that form the Calf area there and that in all snaps into place on the bottom of the shin somehow when in bot mode.

oh duh, and the funny thing was i was just thinking about him when i wrote that. lol silly me. :lol 

I notice you never mentioned Zeta. ;)  :lol 

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had never noticed the backpack rockets on Unicron before. I think that is an interesting detail, thanks for pointing it out.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Holy shit the engineering on this is bloody fantastic. The robot mode looks really solid too. Still, it lacks a little in personality and style compared to the Hasbro one. Planet mode doesn't really evoke Unicron, even with the rings and horns, and the robot mode is just kind of...Plain. I think the perfect Unicron for me would be the general looks of Hasbro with the transformation and size of this guy.

But hey, I can also buy this guy without having to spend near a grand for being European, so there's that. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  20. SmugChewbacca

SmugChewbacca New Member

8dfbc443gy1g6ooxw7lhgj20u00u07wh.jpg Made the wings/rings bigger

• Like Like x 35