Zeta Toys Unicron ZV-02 Core Star

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    btw. I also noticed Zeta actually completely removed the foldable Arm Spikes they had on there originally.

The parts to attach them onto are still visibly there. the spikes obviously just pop on and fold up or down on the arms.

Hmmm I wonder why they decided to take them off for these newest set of photos.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He has the arm/equator spikes; apparently they were left off for these photos, but we've seen them previously, including in the teaser pics on the 1st page. (Edit: ninja'd, haha.)

I do prefer the asymmetrical / random planetary surface, with no two areas being the same, which the Hasbro version does better... but that is a very minor complaint considering how impressive Zeta's figure looks overall.

• Like Like x 2
  3. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    I also notice on the sides of the shoulders where the wings are attached, there are a few peg holes. so it also looks like there could be spikes you can attach to those areas too.

Either way depending on the thickness and feel of the materials used for this piece, I'm probably going to buy it anyway.

It's just Zeta's Plastic Quality is kinda bad. Feels too thin, soft and flimsy in-hand on some of their toys, while being super hard and fragile on other things. (their Kronos (superion) for instance)

They need a better more durable and sturdy plastic. especially for something like this.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stevetdda01

stevetdda01 Well-Known Member

This thing....looks incredible!

Now I just need to decide whether I buy this one, or wait until Wei Jiang KO’s an oversized one.

• Like Like x 4
  5. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welp this looks good, still getting both of course but I do like they stayed witg the cartoon but the shrunken chest and tiny wings feel off.
    I also don't like how the ring is super close like Armada to the planet surface, eh.
    I'll enjoy comparing this to Armada and Haslab. :-3

6. BB03

BB03 Fellow Stunticon

Instagram:
    YouTube:
  7. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  8. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

This looks great to me. I don't need it larger as it wouldn't be in scale with anything else in my collection anyway, so it would be a standalone piece. Plus, if I ever get around to stop-motioning it it won't matter.

I agree the wings feel a bit off, and I feel the maw seems a bit 'flat' so I hope they can open (and if it forms the collar it probably will somehow). But I'm loving that it's not just a shell that wraps around the robot.

• Like Like x 3
  9. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I'm pretty impressed, the sphere actually becomes the robot. It's like he's one thing and he transforms into another! So much for that being impossible. Hasbros design looks really lazy by comparison. Cant wait to see how Zeta pulls this transformation off.

• Like Like x 5
  10. eVac Z

eVac Z Cybertron and all of its figures belong to ME!

News Credits:
    Stunning. Too bad about the size.

• Like Like x 6
  11. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    Spikes on the arms, having it bigger, and the right color. I would be in so hard on this. The whole reason I wasn't getting in on Haslabs is all the kibble and the color being wrong. This is some great looking stuff!

• Like Like x 2
  12. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

It's the first not-shellformer Unicron ever. Kudos.

I don't know if I want it. But I know that it makes the Haslab one look just 'ok', engineering wise.

On one hand, this figure it's a tremendous achievement and I want to support it. On the other hand, it makes you think about what other top tier 3p could do...

• Like Like x 6
  13. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
  14. EpyonSystem

EpyonSystem Active Member

Awesome! I'm totally in for this version! I cant or wont ever give "hasblow" that much money. Never been happy with there QC issues and hollow formers. Hablows version looks like he has pringles all over his body. Not here to offend anyone, just expressing my opinion and dislike for the company in general.

• Like Like x 2
  15. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow he looks amazing. I've decided I'm just buying this one. The haslab one doesn't even compare.

Wouldn't mind if the rings were a bit larger but I'm fine with how it is too

• Like Like x 5
  16. servatusprime

servatusprime The monkey wears the pants in this family

Ohhhhh I’m sensing an upgrade kit down the road for the common criticisms. I think it’s a trend lately. First you get the basic release and the here is an up grade kit for more movie accuracy or here is a kit for more toy accuracy or here is a kit for more comic book accuracy or he is another kit that we can squeeze another nickel out if you.

The Zeta Unicron is amazing. I just can’t stand the back of the haslab Unicron. It looks like a jumbled horseshoe crab. Not that anyone would display it that way but you get the idea.

• Like Like x 4
  17. piman

piman Well-Known Member

Smaller wings even spikes are minor issues to me. Size wise , 48 or 78 makes no difference. They don't scale to my 30cm bots anyways.

Haslab's backpack tech is old and out. Now they have swollen feet tech too. Even worse. When are they gonna move on and catch up?

• Like Like x 2
  18. CyberRat

CyberRat Well-Known Member

omg.. I can't even...

He looks AMAZING! This one already makes the Haslab one look a bit terrible, and I thought he looked pretty good. But THIS is sooo clean. The nitpicks you say about this one are SO minor to the issues compared to of the official. We don't even have color applied to this yet to make it really pop.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Red2

Red2 Well-Known Member

Woooooooow! His bot mode allows me to forgive his planet mode's tiny rings and pizza-pie maw.

Will purchase. And my backing of official Uni is less a certainty.

Still ... I wish he was little bit taller, I wish he was a baller, I wish he had a girl who looked good ...

• Like Like x 6
  20. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I sense parts forming or stuff you take off. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of revealing where the planet shell goes aside for some on the calves.

• Like Like x 1