Zeta Toys Unicron ZV-02 Core Star

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    I'd rather have a smaller Unicron if, that means he is stable.

Judging by my three titans, Hasbrcron will be a jiggly piece of shit come a couple of transformations.

• Like Like x 4
  2. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I've got no issue with the size. I've said it before, the closer figures get to 24" the less fun they are to play with. Mine just get put on display and then I rarely want to mess with them. Hopefully Zeta can hit the sweet spot between giant robot and fun toy with Unicron.

• Like Like x 3
  3. MehWave

MehWave Well-Known Member

The show was less a direct innuendo about wife beating as it was cleverly showcasing Ralph's (and by extension, men in general) impotency in relation to his wife. As someone here put it, Alice is the "straight man," while Ralph is the unwitting buffoon. For all his bluster, Alice in many episodes comes to save the day.

• Like Like x 2
  4. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair those titans were made around a budget, their unicron being a crowdfund and 3 times the weight doesn’t seem to have that bad a constraint . I’d imagine unicron will be fine. Tho I totally agree on the titans being jiggly.... I’m always scared to move fortmax cause he has a seizure every time I touch him....

(If the price is kept below 300, I’ll gladly snag both cause why not support 2 unicron projects)

• Like Like x 4
  5. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly, could you imagine being mid-transformation with has-con and having one of those thicc ass legs just drop suddenly and smash your finger. Ouch.
    There is a reason they highly recommend you use the stand before, during, and after transformation, they dont want to get sued and have to pay your emergency room bill. lol

Thats why I like the fact zeta unicron is the size he is, big enough to get the point across he is a big fella, but not so big that it he just ends up being a decorative display piece I never touch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm happy! :D 

• Like Like x 3
  7. CannibalChow

CannibalChow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll be fun to compare this to my Armada 2011 figure then compare both to the Haslab one. :-3

8. octobotimus

octobotimus Plastic Criminal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Don't talk to my son or my son's son ever again"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Adumb

Adumb Sea of Rust tour guide

Ebay:
    Doubling the size of something increases it's volume by 8 times. Zeta is making a smart move here when it comes to availability to the masses.

I'm honestly surprised Hasbro's didn't break $600 face value alone. 20lbs of plastic is no joke. Even with it being an official product it's still struggling to to break even via crowdfunding. Zeta wouldn't stand a chance trying to match their scale.

• Like Like x 3
  10. G1Dan

G1Dan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So this is 48cm right? Gonna look weird next to Zetas combiners scale wise.

I'm in for it but will display it in planet mode on its own on top of a deltof

• Like Like x 3
  11. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope they do ignore it because all those people are bloody annoying, It's fine at this size, it makes not sense to make him huge if he's not ever going to be in scale with anything, it just makes him cumbersome.

I think the size here is perfect.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I see we have had some kind of migration of all those nice joyful people whose favorite passtime is to complain about what other people post in the Haslab Unicron thread.
    Welcome, welcome.
    This thread was so peaceful without you.
    We need more bitterness and infighting to feed Zeta's Unicron.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I generally agree that complaining about other people's posting is counterproductive (with a few exceptions, such as bumping an old thread to ask for updates when they would obviously already have been posted if there were anything to post) but in this case it's choking the thread. The only way to keep up to date is to follow the comments but it's just pages and pages of complaining about size. If anybody said something that was actually useful, it would quickly be swallowed up by all the noise.

Also, keep in mind that your comment is also complaining about what other people post.

• Like Like x 3
  14. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

Whereas Hasbro's version being slightly taller than a combiner is the correct scale?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Adumb

Adumb Sea of Rust tour guide

Ebay:
    Also keep in mind the fact that not only did Hasbro create a disgustingly huge figure, they also resorted to having to cover the entire figure with a shell completely. This is the biggest error I have seen when it came to cost effectiveness and weight problems. Zeta seems to be trying their best to also incorporate the figures limbs into the planets surface, keeping the panels and transformation steps required down to a minimum.

This is specifically why their planet mode seems less impressive than Hasbro's. It was a choice between the 2 modes, and planet mode would have been both the most expensive and most difficult one to build for due to all the extra pieces and engineering. Zeta is a lot smarter about this than just a simple figure of size. This is not to say Hasbro's isn't impressive, Zeta is just capitalizing on the opposite side of the spectrum.

It's a safer bet for a much smaller company. Besides, Zeta has obviously shown that they care primarily about the figure portion of their releases. I expect nothing less from them and they're doing a damn fine job at that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Except the fact that they explicitly said LIMITED to 2000 pieces.

They made them a noch shorter and they chose Devastor of all things to be in equal stature, which is the same shitty logic.
    Also the city bots were of the same series ergo were not meant to be displayed as stand alones.

Unicron will for ever be a stand alone piece.

• Like Like x 2
  17. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Sure, you can limit to 10,000 if you want.

Limited does not mean it will be fewer than a regular production.

• Like Like x 1
  18. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

hqdefault.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

i personally like the larger unicron over the shorter version. it has nothing to do with scale i just want and expect him to be larger than a city bot. now if that is worth the extra 300 i am not l sure yet.

but thankfully hasbro might have bought me enough time to see a colored version of the zeta prototype.

• Like Like x 5
  20. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

For us on the English system, Zeta Unicron is 48cm to the head or 18.9”. I believe their combiners were pretty close to 20” (although I don’t have their exact sizes handy). Hasbro Unicron says it will be 69.13 cm to the tips of the wings/horns, which is about 27.22”. So given this, the Zeta figure will be roughly 2/3rds the size of the Hasbro one.

Personally, I’m happy about this. Unicron can’t scale with anything in my collection. It will always be it own scale. So I’d prefer a more manageable size. But give that I’d likely want to use this for Stop motion, having a smaller, cleaner version, and then using camera trickery to give him that bigger look works great for me.

If my funds were unlimited, I’d consider buying a Hasbro copy to keep in planet mode, but that just isn’t in the cards for me.

• Like Like x 10