Zeta Toys Unicron ZV-02 Core Star

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

that is a nice trailer and hasbro sure has been putting a huge push behind this. it is all over the web and that shit aint cheap. i hope it makes it

• Like Like x 2
  3. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Zeta needs to find a better marketing department. No time to be cryptic and stalling with their prototype. Collectors are already starting to commit to HasLabs.

Slap some Gorilla glue to hold it together and parade that sucker around now!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:

as i said in a previous post they are a toy company and that is all they are :)  they are not some almighty powerfull company :lol  if hasbro or takara could do anything they would have done so by now but the fact is apart from put pressure on online retailers ( and that's debatable ) they cannot do jack if zeta reveal theirs before haslabs deadline :) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking at how zeta is handling the figure Hasbro doesn't need to do much for it to go in the trash bin.

• Like Like x 2
  6. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    this is true

• Like Like x 2
  7. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    Zeta may not have anything of worth to show. @deathsheadII pointed out that they're not a big company - this is true, and they probably don't have any kind of dedicated marketing team, and probably less in the way of actual product to parade about.

My guess is that they WERE working on a Unicron, and then Haslab showed off what they had. Zeta sought to either try and get ahead of the curve or ride HasTak's wave by using the Haslab Unicron as a means to bring attention to the fact that "HEY, WE HAVE ONE TOO" despite not actually having a completed figure. The alternative would be to say jack all until everything is done and end up with many of their potential market going: "I already paid $600 for Haslab's and I didn't know you were doing one, so... yeah. Don't care."

Basically, Zeta's kinda under the gun either way, so might as well do a Hail Mary and see if it lands for anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  8. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    This thread’s bargaining posture is highly dubious.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    All this Zeta Unicron stuff is upsetting. It's like they've completely put their Raiden and Predaking on the backburner when there was real interest in those.

• Like Like x 5
  10. eVac Z

eVac Z Cybertron and all of its figures belong to ME!

News Credits:
    Ah yes, quite upsetting indeed. I've got no clue as to whatever might've happened to their progress on Raiden but I think they're partially redesigning Predaking due to their "no-pants" approach. Perhaps they realized that having a core bot almost twice the size of Optimus wouldn't work in a masterpiece collection nor would it do the combined mode stability justice.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt Well-Known Member

until something is shown I'm leaving, if all it is going to be is a bunch of trash talk and unsubstantiated claims I'm not going to be party to it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. bradam

bradam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In all seriousness is this your first time on the internet?

• Like Like x 8
  13. h1gg1n5

h1gg1n5 Well-Known Member

I really wish I liked the HasLab one more. The size it about the only thing it has going for it in my books and thats not enough to back it. The rest of the figure is just too much in my opinion. Im sure lots of collectors love it though so all in all it's gonna go I think.

My thoughts exactly reading a lot of posts from a few members in this thread about people and their "wishes and wants" and not a real discussion. lol

• Like Like x 2
  14. BB03

BB03 Fellow Stunticon

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The only people who should be wishing and wanting, is Zeta, hoping their career stays intact after this

• Like Like x 1
  15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I understand not having a prototype ready for public viewing, but is it really that hard to release an updated design pic? Assuming they HAVE an updated design, that is, and aren't just stringing us along and riding the kickstarter coattails. That would make me not like them very much.

If they don't show something before the kickstarter ends, it will be hard to take them seriously.

• Like Like x 2
  16. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. (Pssst...he's crazy) Moderator

Hasbro: We're making a Unicron!
    Zeta: Did you hear? They're making a Unicron. What's the thing Fans Toys does? Oh yeah....I remember! *Ehm* We're making one too! Here's a render of the head and finger!"
    Hasbro: We have a painted prototype and a transformation video.
    Zeta: Crap...it didn't work. They actually want to see it! How does Fans Toys get away with that!? Just keep quiet...maybe the fans will forget we said anything.

• Like Like x 14
  17. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Overreacting may not be a Transformers fan invention but I must say you do it better than anyone. It's not that big a deal. If they show it before or after haslab's, it'll be fine. There will still be demand for it - people who missed haslab's or people who chose to skip it because of its insane price. People who don't care for the super greebled aesthetic of haslab's. People who want a smaller Unicron (or, in the extremely unlikely event that zeta does theirs bigger, people who want a bigger one). People who just want every Unicron they can get their hands on. Might they lose some sales? Possibly, but honestly the fandom is so damned fickle, you can lose sales by doing just about anything and you're likely to pick up just as many from other fickle fans. This isn't even a storm in a teacup: it's a storm in a thimble. It's just not that big a deal.

They said they'd have something at a show in August and they missed that. They've offered a simple explanation - they simply overestimated their readiness. Given that every 3p misses approximately 135% of their launch dates and they haven't all gone under, I think it's safe to say that this won't be Zeta's undoing. Once they actually show something, you doomsayers will be back either panning or extolling it exactly as you would have if this whole thing hadn't happened.

... he said trashily and without substantiation. Yes yes, I'm being a hypocrite but at least I'm trying to offer something a little more reasonable and helpful than just a "screw you guys; I'm going home." Also, how are you going to know when something is shown if you don't keep watching the thread?

• Like Like x 4
  18. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  19. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

Ebay:
    UGH GOD WE ARE NOT OVERREACTING.

• Like Like x 4
  20. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence