Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    870f169bff9e83d947c141ad2dab2b4751d3ff30901161ecddd6db15a691c191.jpg

2. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Tazman66gt

Tazman66gt quieted...but never silenced.

personal attacks help no one and even less so hiding behind the anonymity of a chat room.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Ultra Magnus Combiner

Ultra Magnus Combiner Well-Known Member

That jump doesn't seem natural even for Star Wars. So how did that occur? any suggestion? My guess is that third party companies who were taking orders weren't allowed to place their orders until the end when hasbro knows it will put them over the mark. The question is why not just add it to the total together when orders are received by third party websites? I don't think keeping the count appear lower achieves anything.

The items value will determine quantity demanded. As far as I'm concern its way over price given it's not a season 1 or 2 character, not a popular figure, and it takes up a big amount of space. Plus, I wish the yellow was a different color, since it should be darker. I prefer metallic paint. No electronics is disappointing.

They said they would have a lot more news to come, so they better step their game up! We're 1/2 way through in terms of time and only about 1/3 of the way to the goal. I want them to convince me I need this toy since I never thought about getting it since I never saw the movie. When I was young and only grew up with the talking decapitated head as a memory since they never really explained that well the origins of this creepy bot in the episodes after the movie.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  5. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    The difference between HasLab and Zeta Unicron is staggering in the faces,HasLab clearly overdid it with the facial sculpt lines.But Zeta on the other hand gave him a much cleaner look,and the ZZ Top vibe I get from Zeta CS hits all the right notes.I am still skeptical of this being a hoax thought up by Zeta to delay their true reveal,they may or may not be working on their own version but until actual confirmation I am not gonna believe it one way or another.

• Like Like x 1
  6. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Most crowdfunds are like that. People usually just wait for the last minute as you don’t want money to stay in limbo if you need it.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ultra Magnus Combiner

Ultra Magnus Combiner Well-Known Member

I thought they don't charge it unless it reaches the goal and goes into production. Anyhow, I don't see why they can't give people more time like until at least Oct. 31 rather than canceling this prematurely.

• Like Like x 1
  8. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Making it go on too long can make a crowdfunding campaign fail from lack of interest. A bit of a hint or announcement before the start of the campaign would have been nice though.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Friisk

Friisk Active Member

My shop has a payment plan option. I don't think they usually do, but considering this is a crowdfunding it makes sense. It will also allow more people to join in whom otherwise wouldn't have the immediate available money.
    I assume shops like mine order at the end of August when they have an idea how many they need.

• Like Like x 2
  10. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

From the pics does it appear the Zeta version will have more finger articulation than the Haslab version? I can't really tell from the pics but it looks like The haslab version only has the first knuckle articulated but possibly not the rest of the finger.

11. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Fingers on Hasbro are fully articulated. I just wish the first knuckle were on a ball joint

• Like Like x 3
  12. mrfan5

mrfan5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remembers guys hasbro is publicly traded company. They know this will be funded. You think they are willing to write off losses on an expensive prototype like unicron and essentially get nothing in return? Not going to happen, unicron will get the backers.

• Like Like x 5
  13. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

I was hoping that was the case and I agree on the ball joint. Give him hands similar to the old Ashley Wood robots.

• Like Like x 2
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

It's what you think. They believe they can just make it happen because of the brand. I just don't believe a word Hasbro says. They have a damn transformation video for this. I believe the goal is 8K because they want to make a 10K production. This thing will have a massive upswing at the end and will get funded no matter what. Think about it, this will at least hit 5K. Does anyone believe they are going to turn down $3M with the current investment they already have in this. I didn't see how far along the Barge was before they put it out but they have been bragging about this damn thing. There are many things I don't like about it but they have definitely put their reputation on this. If it is not a guaranteed success for them it would hurt their image. This thing is getting made. If they were actually serious about not doing this they would have just come out with a series of renders. That may be $10-$20K of investment for them. How much do they already have in this if you factor in the marketing budget? If you think about it HasLab is TT/Hasbro's version of a properly funded and backed 3P company doing MP. They are just using the payment and marketing plan that I would have done for MP. They don't have to share profits with retailers and they can control losses and fund projects upfront.

• Like Like x 9
  15. pezley

pezley Well-Known Member

Yep, this is getting made regardless... Even if it means in the last week it magically jumps up to 8000 backers from no where, some poor inturn at Hasbro will be punching in fake orders just to get it through

• Like Like x 12
  16. Shoujax

Shoujax Well-Known Member

This is sad...but true...[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  17. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Let's try to keep discussion on the topic of Zeta Toys Unicron.

Please feel free to discuss Haslab Unicron in it's own thread.

Obviously, comparisons are fine, once we see Zeta Toys' offering.

Thanks.;) 

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  18. djtfmd

djtfmd Well-Known Member

so what's the latest news/rumor on the size of Zeta's Unicron? I kinda hope it's even LARGER than Hasbro's (but cheaper), haha...!! :D 

• Like Like x 1
  19. TF3D

TF3D Ld_78

News Credits:
    I had asked why unicron was not shown on the show.
    20190813_093059.png
    But the second unanswered question will appear this year.

• Like Like x 1
  20. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

They probably thought it was unwise to paint a bull's eye on themselves.

Best to wait until September first.