Zeta Toys Unicron ZV-02 Core Star

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    I'm on both boats, just waiting to see which one gets released first. And I have 3 ways to display them now:

Haslab Unicron in planet mode

Haslab Unicron head on included display stand

Zeta Unicron in bot mode

And if I don't care for the display options I'll just switch it up. I honestly will never understand the hard core mentality some have of collecting either official or 3rd party. I have both and could not be happier.

• Like Like x 2
  2. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

The Autobots picked the wrong time to ditch die cast construction in favor of all plastic bodies.

• Like Like x 4
  3. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    Nah. I'm referring to the "I told you so" crowd. People were called "haters" because they had doubts it wouldn't be backed in time.

Even Hasbro had those same doubts, hence the extension.

• Like Like x 3
  4. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but for a while, there was a HUGE furor that resulted in Hasbro apparently taking action against Zeta. This figure was put in jeopardy because a certain few people decided that it was somehow a threat to them, and they lashed out against it. It wasn't a case of "I prefer MP-44 to MS01," it became a bonafide witch hunt to destroy a potential threat to their well-being. It's settled down now, because they're guaranteed their large toy, but that sort of mentality is horrifying.

"Realists," "Haters," same difference to an angry mob.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Does it see into me clearly? or darkly?

News Credits:
    Bingo.

• Like Like x 2
  6. psychography2

News Credits:
    I really like Core Star, and have a pre-order for it at Show Z. I prefer it over Haslab's Unicron, because it transforms instead of hatches, but I never really gave the Haslab a second thought until they started the witch hunt against Zeta.

The people who bought into the cult mentality (again, which I attribute to cognitive dissonance over paying $600 for a large ball), became incredibly toxic. Granted, they were likely toxic beforehand and just needed a lightning rod to attack, but to see people attack fellow fans for being "unloyal" and to try to burn down the entirety of the third party industry because they perceived that Core Star somehow threatened their place in the Unicron Club horrifies me to my core.

I'm still a fan of Transformers, but because of this, I no longer consider myself part of "The Fandom." All of this furor will die down, and in three years, people will have whatever Unicron they chose (plus any more in the pipeline), but I'll still remember the stench of this conflict. Seeing grown adults* act like this when they don't get the toy they want just bothers me. I want no part of their group.

*I'm ASSUMING the Haslab supporters are all adults, because it costs $600...

• Like Like x 5
  7. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought this was a thread on zeta-cron not how negative people are in a completely different thread...

3p has a cult mentality, official has a cult mentality, even KO has a cult mentality (much rarer). Back to unicron!

• Like Like x 6
  8. psychography2

News Credits:
    That negativity almost killed this figure. Doesn't that bother you, even a bit?

There was a Twilight Zone episode, "The Shelter" The Shelter (The Twilight Zone) - Wikipedia

It starts off with a group of neighbors having a good time, but they hear a news bulletin about an incoming nuclear missile. One family has a shelter, but the others don't. The neighbors end up almost tearing each other apart to get in the shelter until they hear that everything's ok. After that, things aren't the same because they see who their neighbors are under the facade of civility.

There are people out there who did the same to this project. They wanted to destroy it because they feared it would take away from their project. Now that Haslab is secured, the panic is over, and It's suddenly OK for this project to exist. That bothers me. The panic, the mentality of it all, it all bothers me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It shouldn't bother anyone...? It's still a toy in the end...

Sure you get that "aw that sucks" moment but does any reasonable adult get upset about a toy not coming to fruition?

• Like Like x 4
  10. psychography2

News Credits:
    I edited my post to elaborate on why that bothers me. The lack of a toy doesn't bother me, it's the toxic fandom. Same as what Star Wars has become. It's all incredibly disheartening.

• Like Like x 5
  11. wasteOfTime

wasteOfTime New Member

The delusion, hypocrisy, and hyperbole in this thread is next level.

People need to sit back and realize they are attacking other people over a plastic toy. It is insane. Some of you have deep seated issues, nothing else can explain this behavior...

And for the record, I plan on getting neither figure.

• Like Like x 11
  12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Fair enough. In all honesty as someone who spent years in the anime fandom, I came back into Transformers ready to be my own little hut in the sea of toxic sludge. Hell I've ALWAYS seen fandoms as toxic right from the start. Only community that I haven't felt that yet is in the crossdressing scene. :lol 

That's why I'm not bothered. I'm not surprised by toxicity because I expect it from the get go. It's all about expectations. Like, I backed Habsro only because I planned on flipping it but now I'm just gonna keep it. I was never part of any side as Unicron isn't really that important of a character to me.

My advice is just like what you like. Everyone else is irrelevant as long as you're happy.(within the collecting game I mean. I know that can be extremely callous in other contexts.)

• Like Like x 2
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The figures’ illegal existence almost killed it. But no, not really bothered whether one or the other went away, since both are chunks of plastic meant to satisfy fans of a 35 year old TOY franchise.

• Like Like x 3
  14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    welcome to the world of tfw2005 :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  15. lilmac

lilmac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You happen to have that link? Everything is in Chinese(?). When I click on anything else, looks like an app needs to be downloaded, however says app not available...

**Edit**..Never mind, here’s the correct link if anyone is looking. The other link that bubbalew posted directs you to a video that only shows articulation. Here’s the correct link to transformation in case anyone missed it like me.

什么都没找到

• Like Like x 1
  16. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Nope, same result.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fwiw, I'm fairly content with how things worked out. I wanted haslab Unicron to fail because I thought they were being unreasonable with their goal, time limit, and limiting it to NA and I didn't want them to get the idea that was ok. And it did fail - only by moving the goalposts back a month and bringing in pre-orders from overseas retailers were they able to eke by. Not only that, but they had to keep adding bonuses over the second month - I can't recall how many they added (wasn't really paying attention) and I don't know how much of an impact it had on their sales but it shows that they realized it was far less certain than they expected. Their original goal was arrogant.

Admittedly, I'd prefer that they learn the lesson that there just isn't a market for toys that expensive, but all things considered, this is a good end result. They've learned what they can realistically expect in this scenario, the fans who want Unicron will get him, and the fans in the EU got to be included (though I imagine they're paying more due to dealing with a middle man). Wins all around. Add in the presumed open path for zeta to pursue their Unicron (though I still don't believe they ever went away - they were just being quiet), and it's pretty much the ideal outcome.

I haven't been to the haslab thread lately (I really don't care about it all that much) but if anybody is actually playing the "told you so" card, maybe remind them of all the extra hoops Hasbro had to jump through to pull it off. If they'd stuck to the original plan, it would have failed. By a lot. It's like a kid saying "I can do this blindfolded and with one hand tied behind my back," then trying, then untying their hand and taking off the blindfold, then finally making it and being like, "told ya I could do it."

• Like Like x 2
  18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally put in a pre-order for this guy at Show-Z.

I look forward to putting him on my shelf. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  19. ButtZilla

ButtZilla Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Now that piece of back packing panel folding 800$ crap is out of the way, can we please get this baby back on track? the REAL DEAL!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. AutoconDeceptibot

AutoconDeceptibot Well-Known Member

Strange, to delve into this on your first post!?

I care little for mob mentality regards transformers toys, I like what I like and others can do as they as please. Honestly speaking, if outlets around Europe weren’t demanding 600+ up front, I probably would of backed Haslab version despite my misgivings (shellforming/hideous kibble etc).

However I didn’t and life hopefully goes one. And if Zeta don’t sort aspects of their toy out ie height and planet mode, I’ll pass on that one too.

Point being don’t judge everyone the same on this or any other thread, thank you.

• Like Like x 3