Zeta Toys Unicron ZV-02 Core Star

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm honestly glad HasLab one is funded and happening - it's a piece of TF history it really is. But........I just couldn't do the HasLab one.

TF 86 movie is legit my favourate movie of all time, and i love Unicron. I even sold stuff to make room and raise cash for it.

But seeing the new convention photos and the below stats...meh. For £600 i need to be able to look at it and feel warm and fuzzy like a kid again. Not, "well...it looks great in places but total eyesore in others" - and the stats really show the sheer SIZE of the thing and once in hand..yikes.

Kibble to kibble on the legs is 20" which is almost the same as it is tall (to top of head is 24")!!!

That's like a FT Omega Supreme (laying down) width. Mostly of shell kibble. And it's carrying backpack kibble which is deeper on it's own (not counting the body and feet) than shelves i have my display on.

So....yeah come on Zeta.

I guess the money i raised will pay for my next 5 - 6 bots at least :rock 

r_DSC05394.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great news!! Now I hope Zeta stays low for a while before resurrecting Core Star again (because that is the one I want).

3P has seen the limit of how far they can go and it's a good thing. Hope they all learn than when Hasbro wants to play the high end collectors market, you better not overshadow them with a better product right in their face.

• Like Like x 4
  3. LuciferX10

LuciferX10 Well-Known Member

Never cared for the film. Unlike the other kids, I couldn't even get sad about Optimus or the deaths of any of the other autobots. I got stuck thinking "Why not take all the corpses to get fixed at that junk yard place where Ultra Magnus JUST DIED AT.... and was seemingly resurrected." :D 

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

It's funny how retailers are using the digibashes in their listings, I wonder what's going to happen if someone preorders after looking at those pictures and the end bot ends up looking very different.

• Like Like x 2
  5. eVac Z

eVac Z Cybertron and all of its figures belong to ME!

News Credits:
    Got priced out on HasLab. I'd rather wait for the better figure anyway :p 

• Like Like x 4
  6. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

I'd never thought of that but you're right, Prime and the others were still intact, Magnus was blown apart! It's a bit of a plot hole there isn't it.
    Anyway, I suppose with Hasbro getting their couple of million for their Unicron, Zeta should be able to go back to theirs.

• Like Like x 3
  7. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I want this figure but I want it like 12 inches tall. Hope one day to have a mini Uni

• Like Like x 3
  8. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Same question here. Why was Magnus so easily popped back together, meanwhile with Prime and the others it was like "welp, they dead?" :rip 

• Like Like x 3
  9. mikequillm

mikequillm Wrecker

News Credits:
    Wondered that same question since 86

• Like Like x 3
  10. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Magnus was built with ball joints.

• Like Like x 16
  11. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And I keep hearing that ball joints suck. They sound like awesomesauce after finding this out...

• Like Like x 1
  12. nhyone

nhyone Well-Known Member

Robots don't die just because they get blown apart. Kup lost an arm and leg and reattached them just fine. Ultra Magnus is an extreme example of that. :p 

(For that matter, Unicron lives too.)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ichibaru

Ichibaru Supreme Commander of Pork

Or in City of Steel (I think that was the ep) where Megs captures Prime and disassembles him until OP was just a head! If he was still alive then without a body, what’s a couple of shots to the abdomen gonna do?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Napalm

Napalm BOASTFUL MANFISH!!! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Possibly cos in the original script and storyboards the Sweeps quartered Magnus (hence the solid beams they fire - they were gonna wrap around him and fly off in separate directions, also explains his moaning if you think about it, being pulled apart and that), so it would have been a gruesome but clean kill and would have been relatively easy to put him back together again.

He isn't all blown up in the resurrection sequence we see either, they're literally slotting together his arms and legs into his torso so that seems to carry from the intended death the script had for him.

Although.. Jesus fucking Christ. Yeah that's brutal. But still.. solid pieces! :lol 

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  15. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    At some point you have to stop looking for justification in the plot and just recognize that it's a badly written show meant to sell toys to kids. Why did Optimus go down like a bitch all of a sudden? There is no good story reason. Corporate said so.

• Like Like x 3
  16. xueyue2

xueyue2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The theory can be explained in Chinese mythology: everything has life force (or energy force), before it runs out, no matter how serious the injury is, the body can be healed; but once it's depleted, a small hole can kill. And this life force is almost impossible to recover unless you find legendary elixir of life, like a dragon's heart, phoenix egg, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  17. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    prime’s death was the first movie I ever cried at. Given, I was 6 years old.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ShadowMagnus

ShadowMagnus Autobot

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Now that Haslab is funded, we wait patiently on Zeta to re-emerge from the darkness :) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now that you mention it... I'm seriously thinking about installing a smaller basketball hoop in my living room just to hold Haslab Uni, so he can float over my tv in basketball mode :D 

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bruticus88

Bruticus88 Bruticus devastate Devastator! TFW2005 Supporter

Yep. Very anticlimactic. Especially right at the start of the movie. Hasbro: Kill em. We've got toys to sell!

The new movie team: Hot Rod, UM, Kup, Springer, Galvatron, Cyclonus et al... just didn't have the same grit, gravitas and character development as the G1 S1 toon characters I grew up with.

• Like Like x 1