Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. PrimalPrime007

PrimalPrime007 Well-Known Member

This figure keep on looking more amazing.. Let's see..

-cleaned up WAY better than Has version.
    -better transformation.
    -VASTLY superior robot mode with superior articulation.
    -metal parts ESPECIALLY where it is needed most - the feet, all the ratchet joints and stress prone areas to strengthened and reinforced critical components & thus greatly extended the lifespan of the figure
    -better plastic quality.

Core Star WILL be my official Unicron (if it's going to get released :(  ). It simply completely destroyed the Has version IMO.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup.

That is indeed crazy and way too much to expect of people apparently.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Seibertron know as much as we do. 1 article saying it’s a thing means nothing.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If it were a case about Haslab not making its quota then Hasbro should have made it more easy to order for international fans. No easy way for anyone in Europe to get

• Like Like x 3
  5. BBJazz

BBJazz Well-Endowed Member

Honestly, bait really wasn't my intent. I really want the Haslab Unicron to get made, and I feel this was a scummy move from Zeta to announce and reveal their Unicron now, of all times. This is the equivalent of the fan fiction writer trying to prevent the real book from the actual author from coming out, so that people will buy their fan fiction.

• Like Like x 1
  6. trey carter

trey carter The hash slinging slasher

News Credits:
    Bro FOH! Dick move HasBlow, you got 1 less backer! I hope Core star still gets created!

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBJazz

I can't tell if this is satire or not, so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut.

• Like Like x 2
  8. gundam8864

gundam8864 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chill the f**k out everybody, is just a toy. No one is shutting down or sueing who. Buy what you like, be it Hasbro or Zeta and screw all the rumors, Zeta is still alive and kicking at weibo.

• Like Like x 10
  9. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the hasbro bot will and was always going to be made. dont believe the hype this is all posturing on the part of their shill sites. they had agreements with 3rd party vendors for the more than enough to push them over the first time. they just didnt want egg all over their face when they werent close to the magical 8000 by the first deadline. they want it to look like a crowd funding success and not a corporate driven biz move.

zeta didnt ruffle any feathers and they wont be driven out of the market and neither will the other 3ps. the other reason NA retailers arent putting zeta up is because the have committed to the hasbro bot and it would be ill advised to push both before the first one that is being given to you at cost is even finished.

• Like Like x 5
  10. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I believe this..for the most part. I do think Hasbro may be nipping at the heels though. They probably don’t have many tools to actually take down 3p..but there is something that seems unsustainable in the long run. Can’t put my finger on it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    lol Such a bitter soul. No one's taking your precious Pokemon-former Unicron. I would laugh if someone sent you a Zetacron and you had to look at it every day, knowing it would eat at you every. single. day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Rasbot

Rasbot Well-Known Member

Got my preorder from showz. I thank the people for creating the design back in the day and the people who created this awesome figure today. No corporation has my loyalty though.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Jeez louise. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Their galleries are great, but man, is Seibertron's reporting ever stupid sometimes. They report rumours & speculation as news now, just because of their extreme anti-3rd-party bias? And in the process, give Zeta MORE western publicity? Congratulations, Seibertron; now more people might choose Zeta's instead of Hasbro's because of your ill-advised article. At least TFW has the common sense not to front-page Zeta until the crowdfunding deadline is over.

I just want this ridiculous fandom in-fighting to end so that both of these figures can get made in peace. There's room in the world for more than one take on Unicron! Just let people enjoy one or the other or both!

• Like Like x 8
  14. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    I can’t say it’s pure propaganda, nor can I can say they appear unbiased, they definitely have their finger on one side of the scale.

B816471B-8CCF-45D3-B70D-1C2CF88E1A97.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. BBJazz

You have quite the superiority complex my friend. I actually think the Zeta looks pretty good, and would probably display it. Wouldn't be my first 3p figure. My issues wasn't with Core Star itself, or with 3p as a whole, but with the shitty way Zeta tried to cancel the Hasbro from getting made by unveiling their Unicron now, thus screwing over the people (like me) who actually want it and backed it, and also screwing over the creators of the character. That part seriously cannot be stressed enough.

• Like Like x 6
  16. sithfire30

sithfire30 Well-Known Member

I agree - we just need to chill. It's business. Pure and simple. Zeta will back off and allow Haslab to promote their Unicron _WHICH THEY HARDLY DO BY THE WAY_and once it's finally funded (one way or another), Zeta can begin promoting again. Core may be delayed a bit but it's still a go. There's money to be made...and it will get done.

By the way, I'm a Haslab Unicron backer...and I have a Zeta on preorder. I backed the Haslab AFTER I saw the Zeta because that planet mode Haslab has produced is beautiful...while Zeta's robot mode is easier to manage and accurate to the G1 film. Strengths and weaknesses in both but both worth my money.

When all is said and done, it's a toy....a very EXPENSIVE one mind you (Haslab) but a toy nonetheless...Oh! And third party is going to be around for quite awhile. No worries.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190914-140127.png

Wow, I tried to click on the video and saw that.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Banatine

Banatine Well-Known Member

Regarding the timing of their announcement, didn’t it occur JUST after Hasbro decided to announce an extension of the crowdfunding?

They were ready for its seemingly obvious failure at the time. I’m assuming they just didn’t see the news about the extension before they pulled the trigger. If Hasbro had’t moved the goalposts, this probably wouldn’t even be a point of discussion.

As for the issue of ‘loyalty’ and respect for Hasbro... They aren’t your friends. They don’t care about you. All you are to them is money. They are a brand, nothing more. None of the original creators of transformers still get anything from them. Hasbro don’t deserve loyalty. If they want it, make stuff that’s better than what 3P does, and do it cheaper due to better economies of scale.

If Hasbro got demonstrably upstaged by a product that appears to be double the quality and half the price, that just shows how badly they were trying to swindle us.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Not sure what the problem is, Hasbro made a Siege and I collect MP style.

• Like Like x 3
  20. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Quality can only be judged upon release. Things can be engineered well but have horrible plastic, or they can be engineered poorly but have amazing plastic. Zeta is engineering wise superior, but quality comparisons can’t be judged till both are released unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2