Zeta Toys Unicron ZV-02 Core Star

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. GuardianMonkey

GuardianMonkey Well-Known Member

i haven't bought many third party items -- i think that the light-up Kremzeek and a strange Ratchet are my only dips into that realm -- but this just looks incredible. i've been really tempted by the HasLab version, balking due to the miscoloring and the overall Meh-ness of the robot mode.

where would be the best place for someone on the east coast of the US to preorder this guy? is there any word on the final price?

• Like Like x 1
  2. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

I don't think there is any historical evidence to support this from Zeta. Every figure that has made it to the grey prototype has been released that I can recall? I don't see this being in any danger, with the exception of some sort of legal action that prevents them from doing so (not saying this is likely, just the only thing I can think of that is plausible to stop this).

That's my 2 cents anyway...

• Like Like x 4
  3. psychography2

psychography2 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zeta Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles, and More!
    TFSource - Your Source for 3rd Party Transformers!
    ZetaToys
    Zeta - Show.Z Store

Right now, Show Z's the only one that has a pre-order up, but even they don't know the final price. Keep checking these and he'll probably pop up on all of them eventually.

• Like Like x 3
  4. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

I'm going to post this in both forums. After watching both transformation videos I honestly feel both companies accomplished what they were going for. Haslab wanted a big, imposing planet mode with articulated teeth and a transfor...ahem...conversion that was not too difficult. Hasbro's has some really nice thick plastic which obviously adds to the weight. Zeta focused on robot mode and a much better trans...sigh....conversion. Zeta's also has nicer articulation but I believe Hasbro never intended theirs to be played with. Zeta also has ball joints on the first point of articulation on all the fingers. That's a great touch. Zeta does look amazing. And to me so does Hasbro's. Honestly the winner is simple. The collectors/consumer. We win. We have options and can pick our favorite due to what our preference may be. What a time to be a fan.

• Like Like x 4
  5. PernStar

PernStar Member

Zeta has removed all mention of Core Star from their Facebook page. No pictures, no videos, nothing is left.

• Like Like x 4
  6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Probably just being careful until after the crowdfund is done.

As dumb as it is to think zeta will be the cause of it failing and Hasbro will "go after them" - better safe than sorry as they say. We've seen all we need to for now.

• Like Like x 5
  7. TransGoJoBot

TransGoJoBot Stop-Motion Animator - Graf-X Motion

Looks like their Weibo page has it plastered all over. So that one is "good".

• Like Like x 3
  8. edstuff

edstuff Well-Known Member

Uh oh

• Like Like x 3
  9. foobot333

foobot333 Well-Known Member

Haslab Uni is a North American project, weibo prolly doesn't have the NA spotlight like facebook does.

• Like Like x 3
  10. octobotimus

octobotimus Decepticon Intelligence

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Probably for the best, better to be safe than sorry. Glad they seem to at least be thinking about it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Nah. If I were bored I'd do something really stupid like Underbase Action Master Thundercracker.

ZetaUniThunder.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019 at 3:14 PM
    • Like Like x 27
  12. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

Looks like Habro flexed there corporate muscles and said to zeta "your Unicron is better then ours, good thing you made it small. Anyway, if you all do not wait until October 7, 2019, we will be forced to hammer you down in court" off the record "can we use your Unicron and scale it up to 27", we can tell our croudfunders, we listened and made radical changes?"

• Like Like x 6
  13. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

^ I would buy that before any other option, serious

• Like Like x 4
  14. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  15. AutoconDeceptibot

AutoconDeceptibot Well-Known Member

Unicron aka the Joker.

• Like Like x 2
  16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AHH! GAH! KILL IT WITH FIRE! (Seriously, though, that's a fantastic Photoshop. A+)

Oh, I think crowdfunders would lose their minds in both positive and negative ways if that were to happen. On the one hand, a lot of people would suddenly find a way to be happy about Zeta's influence and they'll milk it for all it's worth about how they've always been open-minded, just never would have actually bought a 3rd party item. On the other, people would be pissed and say things like "If I wanted Zeta's, I would've bought that one! Boo! Hiss! Don't copy 3rd party! You cheats suck!" which means Hasbro can't really win either way, so there's that.

Nah, I think Zeta's worried right now because we're nearing the end of the extension and as far as we know, the crowdfund as a whole, so they just want people to look away for a while as it comes to an end, and then they'll swing back and show it off again. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Hasbro extends the backing, again. Something about this whole thing comes across as "Too big to fail" like they MUST produce it or something. Makes one wonder if it's already been somewhat produced and they promised the shareholders they'd get their money back or something. I don't know.

Regardless, I'm going with Zeta's. Period. Unless someone else comes along and makes a truly accurate Unicron during all of this. (Yeah, right. Zeta's is a big hurdle for anyone wanting to throw their hat in this ring...)

• Like Like x 2
  17. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, If I was zeta I know I would be worried If I purposefully waited for the campaign to end, it gets extended, I show off the prototype and backer numbers start declining. I would be in an "Oh shit" mode. Cause a lot of 3rd parties seem to be fans of TF's as well, and they probably want to see Hasbro's get made as much as we do. For all we know some of their guys ordered one somehow.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OMFG, It's the Unicron from Zur-En-Arrh!!!

This would be the centerpiece of my collection!

• Like Like x 4
  19. cool8or

cool8or Well-Known Member

To me, it Smells like cease and desist letter.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ambrojh

Ambrojh Well-Known Member

We all can hope that Zeta decides to change there Unicron size from 18" to at least 27". Most on this board probably have said "size does not matter" to certain people, but look at us now wanting the bigger thicker planet eater.

• Like Like x 3