Zeta Toys ZV-02 Core Star / 1Studio Cell (G1 Unicron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by foxracing, Jul 22, 2019.

1. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Given people have a solid month to order him, it was bound to slow to a halt. The fact it lost a few isn't anything major given the low amount its lost. It'll pick up speed in the last 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Haslab Unicron already failed to get the minimum backers, they extended the date a full month to try and get more.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

Zeta's Unicron is a great design except for how badly they fumbled when it comes to the planet maw.

• Like Like x 5
  4. bobagorof

bobagorof Well-Known Member

So if I hold a one-night-only concert and sell tickets up to a month beforehand, but then decide to keep selling them for another two weeks, is the radio station that plays the same music during that last two weeks competing with me?

Hasbro extended its backing period. Zeta released its photos after Hasbro's original backing date. If Hasbro had stuck to its own timeframe, no-one would have backed out. (It wouldn't have been funded, but that's a separate matter).

This is a situation entirely of Hasbro's own making. I disagree that Zeta is competing with Hasbro - they've tried to avoid it by doing their reveal after Hasbro's funding deadline was supposed to have closed. Their figure is of a different scale (causing more than 5 people to say they'll stick with Hasbro), and there will be no crossover in the availability of the products.

Any perception of competition is due to Hasbro's actions, trying to make up for their own failure to generate interest. Zeta's product had negligible impact on Hasbro's success, and it's only when Hasbro moved the goalposts that 5 people (out of, what, 5800?) decided to cancel. (Yes, 5 on this board. It may be more. But it's a pretty small percentage).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Red2

Red2 " ... and so the story goes ... "

I was thinking the exact same thing!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Major cleanup. Ok, keep it focused on the figure and not the logo or anything controversial. That is all.

• Like Like x 15
  7. noisetrigger

noisetrigger Well-Known Member

Hei Ping Guo literally translates to Black Apple in Mandarin.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not quite. They extended the window before it was due to end, which is when a huge bulk of crowdfunding tends to happen.

There is absolutely no way to know whether it would have hit it's goal. And it's irrelevant. It didn't fail because it didn't end.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Shake 'N Bake

pre-orders are selling out pretty fast. Tf-direct is already down to 3 available. Last I checked they had 13

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Hasbro also has a fully produced and painted product to show off. What are the odds that their grey prototype had the finished plastic quality and tolerance setup? It is always ignorant to complain about these things when they are literally telling you that it's not the final product.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Adam Haberman

Adam Haberman Prime of Primes

Just preordered with Show.Z...looking forward to the final product! I greatly appreciate the Hasbro Unicron, but it’s just not hitting me right. I hope everyone enjoys it though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Eh, I'm not preordering without a final price. If it presells out so be it.

• Like Like x 10
  13. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's just the deposit preorder. When it gets a proper listing, there'll be more available.

• Like Like x 4
  14. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Zeta has re-released everything under their main line. There's no way they'd do a tiny run of this.

• Like Like x 5
  15. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Same. It always scares me to see no price, even if Zeta confirmed what it should be, on a listing taking pre-orders or a deposit. There is no reason to do that from the seller side.

What baffles me most is I don't see too many US sellers listing it, even though they all rushed on FT's Galvatron within an hour or so after being announced. Hopefully that doesn't mean something else but as already pointed out, Zeta will most likely reissue it, if it does sell out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. whodathunk328

whodathunk328 Well-Known Member

As did I. And when I tried to explain my reasoning behind the decision in some facebook groups. I was raked over the coal's... lol

The good ole Hasbro fanboys always sticking to their guns. hahahaha

• Like Like x 5
  17. Ryuu

Ryuu It is Looooord!

Don't get me wrong I fine with hastak I mean about 60-70% of my collection is hastak but if a figure looks better from a 3P then I'll get a 3P I just can't deal with the I soar of that backpack I mean you see you from all angels even a full face front shot shows that ridiculous backpack

• Like Like x 5
  18. whodathunk328

whodathunk328 Well-Known Member

^^^^^^exactly
    you know how many versions of toys I have bought over the years, just to turn around and re-sell it down the road when something better comes along...…..
    - We all have, curse of the hobby. Even a year from now, if another version if "Cron" comes out and it is better, then I will take a look again

But in all honesty, after seeing both versions, to me, there is a clear winner. Hastak has the backpack, the jumble on the legs and so on.
    No different then the latest prime. To me, their is already a better version on the market, that costs far less.

To each their own. But it is always funny how many people start chirping at something, when someone has a different opinion.

• Like Like x 9
  19. Ryuu

Ryuu It is Looooord!

But these forums are for different opinions so I don't understand why people freak out over someone else's opinion when the are on websites for people to post opinions....... That's like getting a job as teacher but hating kids

• Like Like x 6
  20. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The number means nothing. They are gauging pre-order numbers to figure out how many they think they should order from Zeta. I'm pretty sure most places play this game. Nothing shady about it and nothing really to lose either way.

If there's no price, reputable places like @ShowZStore will probably credit your big ole deposit of $3 to another item of your choice if you don't like the price once it's finalized. I don't see it as much of a risk - and the amount of the deposit isn't going to break the bank either way.

It is wierd that the US sellers aren't listing it yet. Why leave those pre-orders on the table for others to nab. Maybe they just want to do a bit more research or talk to Zeta first. I don't think I see many US sellers listing preorders with no final prices (it's more of a china seller thing if I recall correctly). Maybe the US sellers want to get their ducks in a row on pricing first, so when they list the preorder, customers know what they are gonna pay.

Just speculation... doesn't really matter either way.

I'll probably pick up the Zeta. I wish it were bigger than my combiners - but it'll be good enough, looks better than Hasbro, and is bound to be cheaper and made of better materials. Again - just based on previous purchases... time will tell.

• Like Like x 3